Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aria can't connect to my new wifi

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I recently had to change out my wifi router.  It is the exact same type as my previous router that was connected to the scale but for some reason this scale will not connect to the new router.  Oh it was a nightmare connecting the scale to the first wifi as well, but I am over it.  !!!!! I have been trying for three days.  Shame on you fitbit for putting out such subpar material.  some one needs to tell me how to fit this setup or I want my money back.  My scale is saying that it has detected the networks but my network does not appear to connect to it.  I should have bought a Withings scale. uggh.

Moderator Edit: Title change for clarity

Best Answer
429 REPLIES 429

THIS is the only thing that worked. Have to follow the video exactly

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am also having this problem.  I've never had this much trouble setting up anything ever.   The body fat sensing has also never worked on my scale.  This product is garbage.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Set your router to 802.11bgn NOT only 802.11n and is gonna be ok.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same problem as other users.... Purchased new wifi router, same SSID same password however it didnt automatically connect when wifi was broadcasting.

Attempted to setup scales from scratch half the time you go through the procedure and it does not find the wifi network, other times it finds it but then scales still say joining and phone goes to connected and the scales come up with an error.

Absolute garbage, should not have these issues...

Best Answer
0 Votes

I recently changed my wifi's name and tried to reset Aria. The key here is to not put in the batteries until the program indicates you to. That is like the last step before you finish setting up. 

Cheers.

Best Answer
0 Votes
My new router keeps giving err message when tring to connect. My computer can't find the aria network. Spent 4 hours on this simple problem. Very frustrated
Best Answer
0 Votes

I agree I've had the same problem every time I've changed wifi networks. I unplug the batteries but it won't reset. I don't understand why there isn't a reset button or a way to get the scale back to factory defaults, just very frustrating.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Den, I believe if you are setting up the Aria using your laptop you do not need to connect to Aria network. I could be wrong but it works for my Mac. Just download the setup software and follow the steps. Do not put in batteries until it asks you to. Good luck!

Best Answer
0 Votes
I couldn't agree more with you. Aria is a nightmare! So frustrating I can't connect to my new wifi network.

I made the worst mistake of repurchasing Aria after my first one died on my after 18months. Batteries died so replaced with new ones then all of sudden 'step off.. thinking... error' message repeatedly. Because it was outside of warranty period they wouldn't repair it. So bought a brand new one 3 months ago and it won't connect to my new wifi.

Seriously Fitbit WTF.
Best Answer

I have a 5ghz and 2.4ghz network with the same BSSID (unifi ap pro access point). I had to disable wifi steering to 5ghz to make the Aria scale work again. Seems like Fitbit Aria may have a bug that advertises it's 5ghz capable even though it's not.

I plan to set up a 2.4ghz BSSID only and give that a try as I'd strongly prefer to leave 5ghz wifi steering enabled to clear up space on the 2.4ghz spectrum.

Best Answer

Aaron, I tried alot of other suggestions on how to reconnect my Aria and nothing worked.  But this worked perfectly and soooooo easy!  I thought I was going to have to call my internet provider and it was going to be a major hassle.  Thank you so much for walking me (us) through this.  You made my day!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Then what????

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just want to endorse foundbobby's post re 2.4g vs 5g networks.

I had the same issues as everyone else reported until I did two things:

1. connected my laptop to my 2.4g network rather than my 5g network.

2. Used the setup software instead of the web process. (see www.fitbit.com/setup for download). The application gave much better feedback, and communicated the steps much more clearly, than the web process.

Unfortunately I made both changes on the same attempt but I believe the network change was the difference-maker. That said, I recommend using the client application; its information about and progress through the process just made more sense.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same problem also. I had purchased an Aria previously however it died after a couple of years so I decided to buy another one.

I must have tried about 20 times also to link this to the wifi however with no luck.  Allows me to connect to the device however when continuing on I get a setup incomplete message and kicks me back to the start. 

Probably the single most frustrating product I have ever had to deal with

Help please

Best Answer
0 Votes

I recently purchased the Aria scale and, despite some very simple instructions, I also had problems connecting/synching it using my mobile phone. After several failed attempts using the mobile app to setup the Aria, I successfully accomplished the task by using my laptop. I downloaded and installed the setup software and then proceeded with the instructions listed and the Aria synched with my home router on the first try. Since you must input your username and password, it automatically linked the scale with my profile, which is what you want, otherwise it will log you in as "guest". Once I completed all the setup steps, the scale displayed a checkmark indicating a successful synch. Then, I weighed myself and it wirelessly sent the data (weight and body fat) to my mobile Fitbit app, so all is well. If you can't get the Aria to setup using your phone, use your laptop and save yourself the frustration so many of these users have and are experiencing.

Best Answer

Similar issue.

It recognizes the aria wifi but says I have no internet connection. It worked with ease on my Samsung phone - but won't work on my husbands lg. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

what the hell is going on?? 

My arai was working fine when purchased and could sync with both iphone and pc. after i changed isp providers and routers i have major issues with the scale refusing to accept my new network???

The process by fitbit is a bloody disgrace. I gave purchased a very expensive bathroom scale...

The manual is a bloody joke and no use whatso ever...

It should not require a degree in IT to carry out a simple sync....

Best Answer
0 Votes

How would u set it up on an open network 😢 cos im at uni and be trying for 2 days. I got this scale as have a fitbit charge HR which i love but this scale is pissing me off now.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Wound up calling company...Did troubleshooting. Didn't work, they sent me a new one.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Do u think thats the problem cos it doent say error it just wont detect my
open student network that im currently using
Best Answer
0 Votes