Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aria can't connect to my new wifi

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I recently had to change out my wifi router.  It is the exact same type as my previous router that was connected to the scale but for some reason this scale will not connect to the new router.  Oh it was a nightmare connecting the scale to the first wifi as well, but I am over it.  !!!!! I have been trying for three days.  Shame on you fitbit for putting out such subpar material.  some one needs to tell me how to fit this setup or I want my money back.  My scale is saying that it has detected the networks but my network does not appear to connect to it.  I should have bought a Withings scale. uggh.

Moderator Edit: Title change for clarity

Best Answer
429 REPLIES 429
Call them, otherwise you are going want to pull your hair out.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for all your help 🙂 it was really appriciated

@Den1956 wrote:
Call them, otherwise you are going want to pull your hair out.

Best Answer

I have spent countless hours on the phone with Fitbit support.  At first they told me to contact my service provider.  So I did.  My service provider said it was not their issue because my services are working correctly.  So I called Fitbit again and spent over an hour on the phone trying to get my scale connected.  The support person was trying to get me a new scale, but whomever he was talking to would not send me a new one because the one that I have is a replacment.  I don't think that's fair to me.  So here I am stuck with this scale that won't sync to my new wifi.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I had to use mobile data hotspot on my phone with my laptop so my scale
takes measurements ie weight and bf %
But i cant sync it to my fitbit charge HR

Fitbit were not very helpful with this scale setup. I tried helpline too 😢
The scale is badly designed if so many people have problems with setup
I personally think fitbit should remodel the scale so it connects better
and eaiser
I had so much stress from the setup
Best Answer
0 Votes
I had similar problems . From memory the problem was in the totally inadequate way that the instructions were written where one of the steps says to "tap" the balance at one stage which is bs and ineffective. What is really meant is that the scale has to be pressed on not bottom ends. There is a very excellent YouTube post which explains it in detail and which I used to resolve the issue. Very frustrating when a high tech crowd like Fitbit can't get the basics of a coherent operating manuAl correct.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have been working on this all day.  I couldn't believe the response "yay, good job."   As soon as I put in the password it no longer works and just loops back to connecting and entering the password over and over again.  I have never had anything so finicky to hook up to wireless.  I hate this scale.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Aha!  For me, it was enabling 802.11b on my router.  Somebody at Fitbit should be fired.  In one place, they suggest using the APP to set it up if you don't want to use your computer.  There did not seem to be a place to set it up from the APP except to add a new device.  Then, the APP told me to set it from from a computer!  I was about to give up before coming across this recommendation from HuyDao.  It was not WPA/WPA2, but it got me looking in the right place.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Doesn't work at all

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had a similar issue with changing my router. I fought with it for several days and was about to do the same with the scale as I did with my Charge HR connecting with my Samsung S7, replace the device with something else (I did, Samsung Gear S3). But, being suborn and not wanting Tech to get the best of me, I did find a way to get it working again. I kept getting an error before it would connect. And went a different route. I went in and removed me (under people for the scale on my account) and then when I went to setup again, it worked instantly. I guess if you already have a scale in your profile it will not allow you to connect to the same one again, and gives an error.

Hope that helps anyone still having issues that the standard reply's don't get the job done, And yes, Fitbit is lousy for customer service and helping to fix any issues. They have already lost my wearable tech forever due to over a year to fix the issue with the Charge HR and Samsung S7 phone (that still is not fixed).

Best Answer
0 Votes
No such luck.

Thanks anyway. Real shabby software in Fitbit equipment.

Jenckes3
Best Answer
0 Votes

PReds two front corners of WHAT with full palms?   I advise you offered is nothing different than what's in the normal set up help.  Obviously I went there first. Removing battery for 15 minutes let alone 15 seconds does not help. Scale still says connecting to "old" network  but hasn't synced in two weeks!  I tried to walk to the website and still no help. Frustrating!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I found after my Aria dropped off line for no apparent reason the problem was actually caused by a firmware update to my router.  What clued me into the cause was my ISMART camera dropped off and would not sync again for no apparent reason at the same time as my Aria dropped off line.  

After trouble shooting the camera and the scale I found 3 causes.  1. If you have 2 frequencies on your router (as modern routers do), use the 2.4 GHZ band. Aria is not compatable with 5 GZ. 2. Set the router to mixed (not AC, G, or N) on the 2.4 GHZ band. 3. Finally, use WPA or other specified security encryption (WPA/WPA2 works).  You can find all of this in the specification sheet on the Aria Specification webpage. 

Once you ensure your router is configured per the spec sheet, go through the Aria setup.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am trying to setup my Aria but the setup steps I need to work through are very small and do not show all information.  I am on my Surface Pro Aria.PNGI can only see part of the instructions and therefore not able to get my Aria reconnected to my Wi-Fi. All I want to do is reconnect to Wi-Fi since my router has been changed.  I cannot resize the above image 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am also having trouble setting up on a new wifi. However my problem is when it says tap to change, it won't let me go any further. The scale screen just goes out. I'm trying with a mobile device but the problem seems to be the scale itself. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have had the same problem  changed my router and cant connect. Tried several times and didn't work the tried all the old tricks, switched of virus checker, ad blocker, firewall, vpn non of this helped.  So went into my account and removed all the user from the scales.  Guess what set up first time. Give it a try and see if this work for you. Then reset up users

Best Answer

Did you loose all your information/data?

Sent from my Windows 10 phone

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes

I did not lose previous information that I had synced to my account but everything from the past two months is gone. (my guess is the internet troubles and changing providers)

Unfortunately, I am out of town and cannot try the suggestion with deleting users and then trying to setup. However, when I get home it's the first thing I'm going to do. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I didn't lose info that had been synced and scales have remained connected

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Andra moi ennepe mousa:

Had to change router

kept password the same

no connection - ok setup

did not work

tried the app (same problem then above does not work properly on Win10)

tried compatibility modes

tried the browser

went to an ipad

needed to install the app (not native ipad)

the app redirected me to Safari (!!!)

no chance...

set up an old airport

same odyssey 

but it seems to work ...

So guys, you did a real good work here so good I will sell my fitbit aria for 1€

Best Answer
0 Votes

Your recommendation is incomplete. I tried multiple times to get the scale to go into setup without success. Then I tried just pressing down quickly on the two corners as you suggested. That finally worked. You need to tell the idiots who write your instructions to go back to school and learn how to clarify their writing. If you're one of those idiots, you need to go back to school too.

Best Answer
0 Votes