Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aria can't connect to my new wifi

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I recently had to change out my wifi router.  It is the exact same type as my previous router that was connected to the scale but for some reason this scale will not connect to the new router.  Oh it was a nightmare connecting the scale to the first wifi as well, but I am over it.  !!!!! I have been trying for three days.  Shame on you fitbit for putting out such subpar material.  some one needs to tell me how to fit this setup or I want my money back.  My scale is saying that it has detected the networks but my network does not appear to connect to it.  I should have bought a Withings scale. uggh.

Moderator Edit: Title change for clarity

Best Answer
429 REPLIES 429

I recently had to replace my cable modem and re-create my WiFi network. Ever since I did that, I have not been able to get my Aria scale to connect to my network. 

I've downloaded the WiFi Scale Setup app, removed a battery, waited 15 seconds, inserted battery and the scale screen says "WIFI is *** tap to change". *** is my network. It doesn't say "setup active". And when I click "Connect" in the WiFi Scale Setup app, nothing happens.

If I try to add the scale again via the mobile app, it asks me to enter the name of the scale and my initials. When I enter my initials it gives me the error "Match the requested format". What is the requested format?! They are asking for my initials, and I entered my initials (no punctuation).

I'm left with an expensive paper weight. This process is frustrating. Worst hardware/software setup experience ever!

Best Answer
You're not alone friend, and Fitbit has got to be losing fans right and left. 

Get Outlook for iOS
Best Answer

disconnect your ethernet cable from the computer @Smithcreate, the computer is trying to outsmart you. Need to be connected to wifi network first, then Aria network after it the connection is established, then switch back to "standard" wifi network. The computer chooses ethernet first when ever it is available, make it unavailable with the disconnection of the cord.

Hope this helps 😉

Community Council Member

WmChapman | TX

Ionic, Versa, Blaze, Surge, Charge 2, 3 SE, AltaHR, Flex2, Ace, Aria, iPhoneXR "Every fitbit counts"

Be sure to visit Fitbit help if more help is needed.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm on a MacBook Pro without Ethernet, so the computer is not trying to "outsmart" me. I'm on wifi, if I look for other wifi networks, Aria is not one of them. So what's next since this doesn't help?

Best Answer
I had a similar problem. The instructions are bloody 😩 useless one would have thought that Fitbit would have retained the services of someone other than the idiot who wrote the instructions . From memory the setup involves a step where you need to press the scales . If you follow the instructions the way they are written it will never happen. I found the solution and a video to boot on u tube

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Smithcreate, if your macbook pro can't see the network, try this dialog from your mobile:

https://www.fitbit.com/scale/setup/start

come back and let us know where you encounter a difficulty to narrow it down, if successful setting up go back to to the macbook and see if there is now a locked network called ARRIS-"some hex number"

Community Council Member

WmChapman | TX

Ionic, Versa, Blaze, Surge, Charge 2, 3 SE, AltaHR, Flex2, Ace, Aria, iPhoneXR "Every fitbit counts"

Be sure to visit Fitbit help if more help is needed.

Best Answer
0 Votes

How did you do it? I have the same issue, thanks! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I tried doing this via my iPhone as well. When. I'm prompted to give my scale a name and enter my initials, I'm given the error "Match the requested format". I simply entered my initials (first and last). There is nothing on that page that mentions any specific format for initials. So I can't get past that dialog box.

https://www.fitbit.com/scale/setup

Best Answer
I had the same problem. I had previously used two initials, but
apparently you must use three. As soon as I put in three initials it
continued.
Best Answer
The advice on the users' site is accurate, up to a point. That point is
when it says to press down on both corners of the scale. I did that
several times, but then considered that the scale itself says to "tap,"
without explaining further. I combined the two by pressing quickly on
both lower corners of the scale after going through the procedure to
that point. It worked!
Best Answer
Your instructions are lousy. The scale itself says to "tap," without
explaining where. Someone said that after reinserting the battery the
user should turn the scale over and press on the two bottom corners. I
did that multiple times without success, but then decided to "quickly"
press the corners. That worked. Fire your technical writers; they're idiots.
Best Answer
I have a MacBook Pro too, but there's no way of connecting to the Aria
on it. I found the only way was on my iPhone. If you follow the
instructions, after putting the battery back into the scale, turn the
scale over and press quickly on both of the bottom corners. By quickly I
mean, kind of like a tap, but with both hands.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I entered my 3 initials, then removed a battery to reset the scale. When I flipped it over, it said it was connected to my network, "tap" to change. But the website loaded up on my iPhone said it couldn't connect to the scale. So I went to my network settings but I do not see the Aria listed in any local available networks. 

Best Answer
Don't "tap," push quickly with both hands at the bottom two corners of
the scale.
Best Answer

How was this "solved". 3 days of trying and it finally working is not solved. I'm having the same issue and your "solution" does not help. 3 days to setup a wireless device is no solution. I tried through my phone, computer, downloaded the scale software and your FAULTY equipment is not syncing. Now give us an actual solution.

Thank you  

Best Answer
Hi,

I had the same problem you're having, primarily because the instructions
FitBit gives for fixing it are not quite clear enough. When you get to
the step where the online instructions say to press on the two bottom
corners of the scale, don't press for very long, just do it quickly, but
forcefully. After several days and many tries, I finally did that and it
worked. Good luck.
Best Answer
0 Votes

This is a nightmare.  Things should not be this difficult. It took forever to set it up originally and now changing my wifi - this is impossible.  It should not be this difficult.  I have lost 165 pounds and constantly give out advise. I tell people do not buy the scale as its so hard to connect. 

Best Answer

How did you get your aria to sync after battery died as mine is doing cthe same thing? Thanks. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I still haven't yet! This is the most ridiculous thing I have ever experienced!
Best Answer
I agree! Unfortunately FitBit is not the only company I've had these
kinds of experiences with. I've had problems with Hewlett Packard, a
number of language translator companies, Keurig, and just about every
"high tech" company with which I've had to deal! Quality control on high
tech equipment is GONE!

Good luck.
Best Answer