Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cant connect to Aria WiFi

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
Most people seem to struggle to connect to their home WiFi but mey problem is connecting to Arias WiFi. I have tried both setup methods. One with a laptop using the downloaded program & the mobile web page on a mobile phone with mobile data switched off as per other posts. I get as far as the devices unsuccessfully attempting to connect to the Aria's WiFi. With the laptop it eventually comes back with limited connection but then the step thereafter fails as there is no network connection apparently. With the phone, it gets as far as "Obtaining IP address" & thats as far as it goes till it gives up. My router is set to cover b, g & n. I've been through the help pages & YouTube videos but nothing seems to cover my experience. This is very frustrating for an expensive scale. Can anybody help or am I returning this tomorrow?
Best Answer
76 REPLIES 76

How depends so much on the router you have - you need to change to B not g, or N.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am slow clapping for these instructions! I was sitting RIGHT in FRONT of the router and did everything that was instructed and it still comes up with "WIFI ERR".

Please provide more reasonable solution other than what FitBit says. A lot of these people wouldn't be struggling this much if the instructions actually worked!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a fairly new router and Comcast told me if they changed my settings to what Fitbit said that it would seriously degrade my internet speed which is already crapola.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I wish I had researched this before I purchased, I have spent hours trying to setup these scales. This should be simple, and intuitive it isn't. I am now sending them back and will keep my old scales which requires no effort other than stepping and off. My advise don't buy them complete waste of time.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Interesting that i can log my post saying these scales don't work and i have wasted hours trying to get them to work. My advise don't buy them unless you want to waste hours of you life trying to setup these up.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Does not work with A or C. What I did to correct was to add my old wifi router to my new wifi router as an access point, just so I can connect as B and not downgrade the rest of my wifi. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Good thinking!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
Good thinking!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I just wanted to post this online since I encountered the same thing.  Anyhow connecting my Aria via the web didn't work.  Tried phone.  Tried Tablet.  Tried Laptop.  Tried Desktop.

Anyhow went to use the apple desktop app to connect it and it worked.

I downloaded the app for my MacBook at: http://www.fitbit.com/en-ca/setup/aria (I suspect there is also a windows app but not sure)

Downloaded.  Ran it.  Worked first time.

- Rodney A

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks! I messed with several other threads in attempting to reconnect to new WiFi. Your instructions are clear and easy to follow! I was connected in about 5 minutes! 

Best Answer

For those of us that aren't as computer savvy can you translate into plain language?  It detects my wifi but isn't completing the final step.  Then I get "unsecured wifi detected" by my Norton.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Did you download the app? Ethan’s try turning Norton off first. I’m on a Mac so not sure what issues PC people may run into.

- ra
Best Answer
0 Votes

I can't connect. Extremely annoying XP. And I am tech savvy. I guess that's why people buy Apple.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@bowlerjax Welcome to the Fitbit forums! I apologize for the late response. However, I'd like to follow up on the connection issues you've experienced with your Aria scale. Please let me know if you've made changes to your network such as WiFi password, router or router settings. Also, make sure that your WiFi password is alphanumerical only.

@RodneyA Thanks a lot for your help and contribution!

@VedranX Thank you for joining us in this thread and our Fitbit Community! I'm sorry to hear that you are also experiencing setup issues with your Aria scale. Please let me know if you get any error message during the setup process. Also, let me know what is the make and model of your router.

In the meantime, make sure that your router runs the protocol 802.11b, the bandwidth is 2.4.GHz and your WiFi password is alphanumerical only.

See you all later! Smiley Happy

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes

There is something wrong with the product and the support.

I used to have an Aria scale working and logging my weight.  It was helpful.  Then, just over a yearin service, it stopped working.

Fitbit spent over an hour on the phone with me.  Couldn’t make it work.  Threw up their hands and declared it “out of warranty”.  Offered no path to buy a replacement at a discount for customer retention.

- bought a new fitbit aria.  Needed the routine because I just lost 116 pounds.  Routine is critical for success

-I have run all of the steps from the Fitbit instructions.

- no success

- I have replaced the Xfinity access point.

- no success

There is something wrong with the product and the support! I have invested too much time in this.  Too much money.  Time to switch to s Withings!  I hate doing it.  I need a working scale.  Throwing money, and new parts, at Fitbit hasn’t worked!

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes

I got my wifi to work with the new Fitbit Aria scale AND by changing my router password to something with just numbers and letters (NO symbols). I hope it works for you.

"It is one of the most beautiful compensations of life that no person can
sincerely try to help another without helping themselves." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer

@JuanJoFitbit wrote:

In the meantime, make sure that your router runs the protocol 802.11b, the bandwidth is 2.4.GHz and your WiFi password is alphanumerical only.

See you all later! Smiley Happy

This is bad advice. Throwing it onto 802.11b will just slow down wireless speeds for everything else connected to the wireless router, negating any advantage of even having an 802.11g/n network.

Source: https://blogs.cisco.com/wireless/bring-out-yer-dead-5-steps-to-eliminate-802-11b-from-your-networks

If the Aria 2 is not compatible with 802.11g/n networks, you should stop advertising it as such.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@drmeiswinkel I totally understand your frustration about this and I truly appreciate your feedback. The warranty period is good for 365 days. Your feedback will be sent to our team since this helps us to keep improving.

@patti1947 Thanks a lot for sharing the workaround that helped you to get your Aria scale set up. I appreciate your contribution.

@section08 Welcome to our Fitbit forums! I also appreciate your feedback about the protocols that the Aria scale needs to connect. Your feedback will also be sent to our team.

I'll be around if you have any doubts!

Best Answer
0 Votes

The problems I have with this **ahem**ed scale are that it's internal Wireless card seems to not be able to handle 2.4GHz wireless modes other than 54Mbps. All my other wireless devices can easily connect if I have my router set at up to 144Mbps or even 300Mbps. I can only assume the wireless card inside the Aria is a bottom-dollar cheap make.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@seefer It's great to see you in the Fitbit forums! I'm sorry to hear that your Aria scale is not connecting to your network. Please let me know the following details that will help me to determine the cause of the issue: Is it showing any error message when it tries to connect? What is the make and model of your router?

Looking forward to your response! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes