Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connecting to Comcast Wireless Network

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Group-

I have recently gotten an updated modeum form comcast.  I have a fit bit ARIA scale.

The scale will not connect to the network because the protocals used by FItbit are outdated so I am not able to get the Aria scale to connect to the network and It no longer can track my weights and BF measurements which previously worked seemlessly.  I have talked to Fit bit and Comcast with no solution.  Comcast says that Fitbit needs to upgrade its protocals.  They say this is a problem Fitbit is having with most new modeums.  Does anyone have any ideas as to what I can do?

Best Answer
0 Votes
12 REPLIES 12

@kjgiac, you, or COMCAST, can easily change the settings on the WiFi router to enable the older protocol so that the scales will connect. COMCAST is taking the easy way out by point the finger elsewhere, but all routers are backward compatible with older protocols.

Best Answer
I have tried this it still doesn't work I used TKIP instead of AES which is
the lowest protocal the modeum will accommodate and it still doesn't work.

The fitbit people couldn't get it to work either. Any further thoughts.?

Thanks.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@kjgiac Welcome aboard to our Fitbit Community! I'd like you to take a look at Kate's post since she shared a workaround and an update for the syncing issue that you are experiencing with your Aria scale.

@USAF-Larry Thank you a lot for your constant help my friend!

See you both later! Smiley Happy

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes

No I did not get an answer to my query.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@kjgiac I would like to know if you followed the troubleshooting steps that Kate shared. You can also find the troubleshooting steps in this post. Also, let me know what is the make and model of your router.

Looking forward to your response my friend! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes still doesn't work.

Router is Xfinity

XFSetup 5-182

Version number 10.1.11.SIP.PC20.CT
Best Answer
0 Votes

@kjgiac Thank you for letting me know your router details! Our team is already looking into this issue. There is no timeline for the fix. However, our team is actively working in order to have this issue fixed soon.

Let me know if you have any doubt my friend! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Have tried everything to connect with no success. I have wasted to much time and energy. Frustrated. Switching to Nokia body+ scale. I wanted convenience of weight tracked and logged. This is to much stress trying to connect to xfinity WiFi 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Ckuret Welcome to our Fitbit forums! I'm sorry to hear that you decided to use another brand. I definitely understand how you feel about this and I appreciate your feedback. This info will be sent to our team since this helps us to keep improving.

Let me know if you have any doubts!

Best Answer

Was a workaround ever figured out? And if so, can you please share step by step!

Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Unfortunately no..connected using an older non Comcast router
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Angie525 Welcome to our Fitbit Community and it's great to see you here @kjgiac! Our team is aware of this issue. I appreciate the time you've taken to report this and once a solution is available, we'll make sure to post it public.

I appreciate your understanding with this and your feedback.

Best Answer
0 Votes