Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connectivity difficulties between Aria and Comcast/Xfinity routers

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi everyone! It has come to our attention that some users are experiencing issues with syncing/setting up Aria scales with Comcast/Xfinity routers and we are currently reviewing. 

There is a workaround that has helped most users. For this, follow the instructions below:

• Once logged in,  visit https://internet.xfinity.com/more
  • Edit wifi settings under "Additional Settings"
  • Click on 2.4 frequency edit button.
  • Select g/n, hit save.
  • When the screen refreshes, click edit again, select b/g/n and hit save. 
  • Stand on scale
  • Continue with the regular setup process

Thank you all for your patience. Any update available, I'll make sure to share it in this thread.

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
607 REPLIES 607

I hate that everyone is having this problem, but I'm glad to discover I'm not alone. It's so frustrating!! Mine has not synced since March 10, and had been syncing fine for a year with no problem and no changes on my part. 

If this is a structured move to make us buy Aria II, it stinks. At the same time, if this is something else, like a change from the ISP (in my case, Xfinity/Comcast), then I worry buying an Aria II would not even solve the problem.

Best Answer

Based on one of the responses above where they were experiencing the same problem with Frontier it does not appear to be a internet provider problem and continues to point to the Aria and the troublesome part is that FitBit does not appear to be doing anything to correct the issue.  There are a couple of strings in the community on this very problem and the frustration that people are voicing does not do anything but help FitBit’s competitors.

I also just checked and confirmed that weight is not posted on the dashboard either so there is something with the Aria unit itself that is having issues transmitting the information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Is this monitored? Or are we all just frustrated with the same thing and getting nowhere? Has anyone found a resolution to this issue?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am not sure though I have seen limited response from someone who appears to be a FitBit employee.  In parallel to postings I have done on the communities on 3/30 I wrote an e-mail and left a voice mail with FitBit on this topic requesting some response from them and letting them know that they have a growing number of unhappy customers and that their inaction is driving what previously were loyal customers to their competition.  I will post whatever response I receive.

Just an update - I just received a response from FitBit Support on this issue and provided screen shots of my environment for their review.  I will pass on any updates I get from them.

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer

I have the same problem. Stopped syncing on march 20th

Best Answer

I checked the website this morning and the last weight shown is 3/15, the same as the app. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm right there with you! It's been working fine for about 2 months and then suddenly KAPUT. No more syncing! Spent several hours researching online forums and the FitBit help guides with no luck. I've been manually logging my workout the last several days and it's just inconvenient. I loved being able to step on in the morning and not have to worry about memorizing a number or remembering to write it down. What a dissapointing purchase... And not cheap either!!! Over $99 for a scale that no longer does anything special 😑

Best Answer

I’m in the same boat. Quit syncing on 3/20/18. So frustrated!!! Glad it’s not just me. 

Best Answer
Exactly!! Thats why I bought the scale. I can log all day, but I don't want to. I've got to call them. 😒

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer
0 Votes

My Aria quit syncing on March 26.  What happened?   Reading all these posts, makes me wonder if there is a software problem.  I have not made any changes in my network, passwords, etc.  Please help us!  Nery

@JuanJoFitbitwrote:

@Liahna It's great to see you in our Fitbit Community! I'm happy to assist you and help you to get the Aria syncing issue resolved. Have you made changes to your network, such as router settings or router? Are you getting any error message when your Aria tries to sync your data? This info will help me to determine the cause of the issue and provide the correct solution.

Looking forward to your response my friend! Smiley Happy

Have you made changes to your network, such as router settings or router?   NO

Are you getting any error message when your Aria tries to sync your data?   NO it looks the same and it appears to sync.  The scale has the correct name of the router and everything.

what should I try to do?

My Aria quit syncing on March 26.  What happened?   Reading all these posts, makes me wonder if there is a software problem.  I have not made any changes in my network, passwords, etc.  Please help us!  Nery

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer
0 Votes

My scale stopped syncing on 3/21!  Super annoying 

Best Answer
Ditto with my answers. It just randomly stopped syncing 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Aria stopped working around the same time as everyone else's.  I looked it up and support's suggesting was to update the  Comcast Router settings.  It worked for two days and then stopped.  This is a huge waste of money.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I received a response from someone in FitBit Level 3 Support and I am currently working to schedule some time for a working session which hopefully will result in a resolution.  I will send an update once I have completed the session so everyone will know the outcome.

Fingers crossed.

Best Answer
Yay!!! Fingers crossed!! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Aria quit syncing March 25. Nothing about the router, network, or service changed. AT&T U-verse. I have run Aria Setup twice and get the WiFi ERR message. I have checked the router settings and they indicate 802.11b/g which is what the Aria requires. Not sure what else I can do. I hope FitBit comes up with a software solution. Or maybe offer a discount to purchase an Aria 2 if the Aria has become technologically obsolete?

Best Answer
The issue though with getting an Aria 2 is that they would be using the
same technology so it will still not work.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Let’s face it. This has nothing to do with internet provider. It has everything to do with Fitbit software and is aggravating that it keeps coming back as being a router issue. I find it hard to believe it’s a router issue when numerous customers different providers all have the same issue.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Same here, so frustrating!  Fitbit needs to fix this as I agree, the Aria II won't work any better if it's a software update needed!

Best Answer

OMG!!! I thought it was just me!! I moved in January, setting scale up was not on the top of my "to do" list, so when I finally got to it, I changed the batteries, went thru all the steps, like a million times,thinking it was me making a mistake somewhere. My scales comes up saying, "no internet, open", yet you can see that we are clearly connected. I have talked to Comcast a few times, for about an hour each time, trying to figure this out, with no luck. I have also emailed Fitbit multiple times, they do respond and give me suggestions, and try to walk me thru what I can now do with my eyes closed, again, no luck!! So frustrated!!! I do not want to pay for another one, if they could get this figured out, this one works just fine, and like several others have mentions, these are not cheap scales.

Best Answer