Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connectivity difficulties between Aria and Comcast/Xfinity routers

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi everyone! It has come to our attention that some users are experiencing issues with syncing/setting up Aria scales with Comcast/Xfinity routers and we are currently reviewing. 

There is a workaround that has helped most users. For this, follow the instructions below:

• Once logged in,  visit https://internet.xfinity.com/more
  • Edit wifi settings under "Additional Settings"
  • Click on 2.4 frequency edit button.
  • Select g/n, hit save.
  • When the screen refreshes, click edit again, select b/g/n and hit save. 
  • Stand on scale
  • Continue with the regular setup process

Thank you all for your patience. Any update available, I'll make sure to share it in this thread.

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
607 REPLIES 607
I have just got off line from fitbit support. I took all the steps for a solution with no luck. They are evaluating the situation and will get back with me, through email. 

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer

I should have come here 2 days ago to check the forum!

My Aria also stopped syncing out of the blue on March 31st. Nothing at all had changed...it just stopped. I originally had gone through all the steps to get the scale to work when Xfinity sent us a new Gateway modem/router in January, but I double-checked to make sure everything was still set up correctly, and it was. 

Frustrating!!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes, extremely. Mine stopped on March 20th

Best Answer

Same syncing issue. Same timeline. Last recorded weight was 3/15. I tried following the setup to connect (before finding this thread) and the issue remains. 

Best Answer

Thanks to those of you who have contacted customer service on everyone's behalf. I sure hope that they can figure something out.

In the process of troubleshooting, I ended up "deleting" the Aria from my mobile and laptop accounts, so I can no longer see it and thus can't tell what version of firmware it had. I just wonder if something went wrong with an update...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi everyone- we are currently looking into reports on people being unable to sync on their Aria scale. We have seen a specific increase with Comcast users. Some have reported the workaround in this post has worked. If you are still not syncing can you share the make and model of your router so we can pass this on to the team? Thanks very much for your reports. 

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer

Kate,

thank you for reaching out and becoming actively engaged in working to resolve this issue.  I think if you trace back in the post you will find that the suggested workaround had worked previously however recent attempts to use it have not had any impact and the units are still not able to synch.  My Internet provider is Comcast and the router that I have is a Cisco DPC3941T.  Just to further clarify there are posts from people that have different Internet Providers so this is not unique to Comcast.

Thanks.

Best Answer

Kate,

Hello and thank you for responding.

I do not have Comcast and all of my other WiFi and Bluetooth enabled products in my house synch without difficulty. In addition to my Aria scale not syncing, I am unable to add additional users to the scale; I'm guessing this is due to the syncing issue. I have followed the suggestions posted by others without success.

Thank you, 

Andrea

Best Answer

I have found a solution that works, although is NOT ideal.  After making all the suggested changes (most of which worked for a BRIEF while, and then no longer did) the only way I was able to get my scale to sync was to connect it to my MOBILE HOTSPOT, and not my home wifi network. I have to turn the hotspot on, weigh, then turn it off again, which is a nuisance, but it has worked CONSISTENTLY for 48 hours now.

It's a pain, but will at least get me by until the real issue is fixed.

Best Answer

@KateFitbitwrote:

Hi everyone- we are currently looking into reports on people being unable to sync on their Aria scale. We have seen a specific increase with Comcast users. Some have reported the workaround in this post has worked. If you are still not syncing can you share the make and model of your router so we can pass this on to the team? Thanks very much for your reports. 

This worked for my scale!  The summary of what happens (and I may have the technology jargon wrong.)  

The scale uses b protocol (which is old technology).  When your internet provider pushes an update, even though it says that the b protocol is enabled, it's not and it hangs up for devices that use "b", the scale.  So, you have to re-enable it.  The way to re-enable it is un-sync the (supposedly) b/g/n, by setting the router to g/n, and let it take.  Then you go back and sync to b/g/n.  It didn't work the first time but it did the second time.    Follow the instructions ( and read the posts) to this message from KateFitBit.  Good Luck!  Nery

Best Answer
2WIRE router Model 3801HGV provided by AT&T
Best Answer
0 Votes

Still didn't work for my comcast router.  Ive tried this so called solution so many times, Im about to throw out the scale.  I used to love the fitbit products.  I used to use the fitbit tracker as well.  Terrible customer service (basically saying it's my fault my tracker kept breaking.)  I moved on and got an apple watch (LOVE IT).  Now this with the Aria?  I will be moving on from this as well.  Very sad & old technology Fitbit.

Best Answer
The fix recommended above actually worked for my Comcast/Xfiniti WiFi router. I went into the WiFi settings on the router and found it was only set to 802.11 g/n and not b/g/n. The only thing I can guess is that a firmware update from Comcast changed the setting. I changed it back and my scale is syncing again 🙂

Another issue I had previously is that the Aria scale can’t support a WiFi name with a period in it. It cannot be something like “Comcast 2.4” it has to be “Comcast 24”. I had to change my home WiFi name to accommodate the scale.

I recommend accessing the WiFi settings on your router or access point and make sure you have the “b” band enabled and that your WiFi name does not include a period.

Good luck everyone!
Best Answer
0 Votes

hi, thanks for the info, but my router was set to the b setting. I even changed it off of b, saved it and put it back on. No special characters in the passwords either or band name.

I tried that several times and no luck.

I got a new scale too. I got the Weight Guru scale and I love it. It is Bluetooth and not wifi.

I have Comcast and a technicolor Device Type: xb3 Model DPC3941T

Moderator edit: merged replies

Best Answer
0 Votes

All right - I actually got my scale to work again! This is what I did:

I followed the directions in the other post about changing my Xfinity Wireless Gateway router settings for the 2.4GHz to g/n, saving, and then changing back to b/g/n and saving again. Keep in mind that I actually did this exact same process yesterday with no luck.

Then, since I had deleted myself/my personal info off of the Aria earlier (which removed it from my account), I again tried setting up the scale as a new device via my mobile app. The one thing that I did differently was to change the name of the scale. Before, I had named the scale "Aria", and that's what I was trying to name it the past couple of days. Today, I named it "NewAria". I have absolutely no clue if this is what made it work today, but I'm not going to question it!

Best Answer

short-lived fix...... not working today anymore.

Best Answer
0 Votes
😞

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am glad it worked for you. I did notice that I got a Fitbit update on my phone last night. I haven't tried to connect my Aria because I already got a new scale.

My aria has always been named PITA. It was hard to set it up the initial time to.

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer
0 Votes

Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Have tried renaming the Aria(Doorstop), still stuck in Setup Active mode...sigh

Best Answer
0 Votes