Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connectivity difficulties between Aria and Comcast/Xfinity routers

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi everyone! It has come to our attention that some users are experiencing issues with syncing/setting up Aria scales with Comcast/Xfinity routers and we are currently reviewing. 

There is a workaround that has helped most users. For this, follow the instructions below:

• Once logged in,  visit https://internet.xfinity.com/more
  • Edit wifi settings under "Additional Settings"
  • Click on 2.4 frequency edit button.
  • Select g/n, hit save.
  • When the screen refreshes, click edit again, select b/g/n and hit save. 
  • Stand on scale
  • Continue with the regular setup process

Thank you all for your patience. Any update available, I'll make sure to share it in this thread.

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
607 REPLIES 607

Good name, sorry it's not working.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for your information - it worked! Mine quit syncing on March 20th. Changed batteries, tried to re do the set up a kazillion times. Finally went to my Comcast/Xfinity wifi settings - added the b setting with the g and n and lo and behold - after going through another setup process - it synced and appears to be working!!

Best Answer

Well unfortunately no progress has been made and I am at the point where I will not be spending anymore time trying to get the scale to synch again.  Hopefully FitBit will continue whatever efforts they may be doing and come upon a fix.  I would be happy to work with their support team in testing whatever they come up with but resetting the router (multiple times) and remove and reinstall the scale for whatever reason only resolved the problem for 1 day and then the synching stopped again.

Best Answer
Have you tried connecting with your mobile hotspot on your phone? It’s the only thing that has worked for me.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Ugh...I was just thinking the same thing. I have tried everything with no success!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
No. I refuse to hook to a hotspot. Fitbit needs to fix this.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
I don’t even know how to hook to a hot spot!! Shouldn’t be this difficult to weigh ourselves. Ugh:(

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
Not all phones or plans allow for hotspot connections..

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
I agree, but until they do, it’s a 6 second hook-up that works a lot better than however many hours we’ve all put into trying to manipulate our network setups.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Back to square one. Data stopped again and switching back and forth between g/n and b/g/n wifi bands will not fix it. I tried setting up my scale again and now it can't even find the existing wifi network. I just submitted a support request with the logs from my scale and a link to this forum. I am so frustrated.

Best Answer

I am having the same problem, we have the ARIA since 2011, and no problems until now. When the battery die, or we have to set up again... business as usual... but since last night, is "setup active" and can get it to work.. after following all the steps.. wifi errr.... do over and over again... nothings have change, router is the same, wifi login and password is the same.. just out of the blue... HELP!!!! 

Best Answer

@KateFitbit Nothing has worked for me. I was specifically told by Fitbit support that if the router does not have 802.11b wireless signal that the Aria will not work. My provider is Spec trum (I had to space it because it said the name was not allowed in this post.) and I have a Linksys WRT3200ACM router which supports 802.11ac, 802.11a/n, 802.11n or 802.11a. I am told no matter what I do the scale can not be used on anything other than a router with 802.11b Wi-Fi signal. It totally sucks and I'm still pissed about it. My Aria is under the bed keeping company with the dust bunnies. 

Michele from Belleview, Florida
Best Answer

Well, my Aria stopped syncing again yesterday. I got back on by following the steps from before - switching my router settings to g/n, saving, and then back to b/g/n and saving again.

I love the thing when it works, and it's not too taxing to fix it (as long as this keeps doing the trick), but it's really ridiculous that it has to be done in the first place. I imagine it's not the majority of people that really know how to go in and change their router settings or have the time to mess around with it.

Best Answer
Amen.
Best Answer

And it’s really sad that Fitbit doesn’t address the issue, with honesty.  It’s ridiculous to reset the router every day ( it worked but I’m not willing to do this all the time), or set up a hot spot, or whatever.  Make a new scale, call it the updated version that uses modern technology (g,n, whatever is the letter), and add a comment that when the technology changes the scale may not work.  From what I’ve read on line, the aria 2 also uses B????  Why????

Best Answer
0 Votes

I saw an ad this morning that said the Aria II also uses bluetooth, which would be the way around antiquated wifi protocols. 

I feel a bit like I did when Windows announced that it would no longer support Windows XP. At least they offered free upgrades to Windows 10 for a year. Fitbit didn't even acknowledge there would be a problem with the old Aria, as far as I can recall. Oh, well. I did decide to get a new scale, but not the Aria II. 

Best Answer
I agree.

Carolyn Williams
Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you- NetGear XR500

Tried first network running a/b/g protocols. Says connected to network, get ERR message when trying to weigh.

Oops - not tried “first” network but set up a guest network to run a/b/g as my main runs n/ac.

Renamed scale P-0-S

it it is abundantly clear this is a Fitbit problem and their solution has been to have hundreds

or maybe thousands of people waste many hours each instead of “pulling finger” and implementing a fix on their end.

Ridiculous and anti-customer.

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer
0 Votes

This worked for me too!! 

Best Answer

I am still unable tu use the ARIA 1 scale since 20 March. I have a DLINK AC1750 Dual router (2.4 & 5 Ghz). My network ID does not contain &*., ets characters. I see that most of the problems of others are since the same date of thereabouts. If the scale cannot be used the value to me is like a brick. If no hint of a solution, I hesitate to buy another Fitbit scale, or may be other Fitbit product. Pleas come with a sensible cause and solution.

Best Answer