Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connectivity difficulties between Aria and Comcast/Xfinity routers

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi everyone! It has come to our attention that some users are experiencing issues with syncing/setting up Aria scales with Comcast/Xfinity routers and we are currently reviewing. 

There is a workaround that has helped most users. For this, follow the instructions below:

• Once logged in,  visit https://internet.xfinity.com/more
  • Edit wifi settings under "Additional Settings"
  • Click on 2.4 frequency edit button.
  • Select g/n, hit save.
  • When the screen refreshes, click edit again, select b/g/n and hit save. 
  • Stand on scale
  • Continue with the regular setup process

Thank you all for your patience. Any update available, I'll make sure to share it in this thread.

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
607 REPLIES 607

Major breakthrough!!!

it worked using a computer to set it up (it failled with my phone since April using even other routers).

Staring page is: www.fitbit.com/scale/setup/start

Best Answer
0 Votes

It’s past frustration.  You see that many of us have replaced these Aria scales with products from your competitors.  The replacement scales cost less and work much better.

You haven’t given us a lot of hope that Fitbit has put resources on a fix.  Only directed us to the same instructions, with only slight variations.

I invested entirely too much time trying to fix this because Fitbit let me believe the product worked.  There is enough consensus among users that the product does not work.  

Knowing that there is a chronic issue that cannot be fixed might be information you extend as a courtesy.  Maybe the Aria line needs to be shut down before more defective units ship?

Measures need to be taken to make this right with existing customers.  And, knowing there is an issue, puts a different complexion on all future sales.  It begins to look like intentional defrauding of customers.  Please protect your new customers until you can dramatically reduce these failures. It is the right thing to do.

Best Answer

Hope it lasts for you. I also used laptop instead of phone (although I've tried multiple times both ways) and the fix didn't last. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello everybody! Thank you very much to you all for the feedback and comments. We'll post updates when a fix is available. I appreciate your patience with this.

Best Answer

We recently moved and now we have Comcast Xfinity. I tried the work around to connect my Aria scale but did not see a b/g/n option when I got to that step. Any other suggestions?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have changed to the g/n, and it still says WIFI ERR while trying to setup. It worked fine for years until it stopped syncing recently. What next?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've tried making the changes suggested - with no luck.  Someone posted in Comcast's forum a suggestion to take the scale to a neighbor's or friend's who doesn't have a Comcast router.  I HOPE that's not the answer.

Any ETA on when this issue will be resolved?  It was an expensive scale - which would be worth it if it did what it was supposed to do.  If we have to upload our own data, we may as well get a standard scale.  

Best Answer

@Karenmcd1 @Neetsie @purpleiris327 Welcome to this thread and the Community! Thank you guys for trying the workaround advised in the first post of this thread. Our team doesn't have an ETA when a solution will be released since they are currently reviewing this. However, I appreciate your time and patience with this and an update will be public in this thread when a solution is available.

Best Answer

I have Comcast and my Aria synced when it was originally setup but hasn't since. that was back in February. I continue to get a wifi symbol with an x over it. Ive tried setup a few times. Initially I need help doing the work around but now when i try to do it the second time I don't have the options to do so on the Comcast side of it.

Best Answer

Thanks!  I will look into this other brand.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I gave up. I bought a RENPHO it connects via Bluetooth. I love it. I feel Fitbit has known about the problem long enough. They have no intention of fixing it. 

Best Answer
--
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kent Meiswinkel, Ph.D.
麥肯特 博士
drmeiswinkel.com
drmeiswinkel@gmail.com
Best Answer

I don’t think they can fix it, they are stalling until they say device is not supported anymore!

Best Answer

I replaced the Aria with a Renpho Bluetooth scale.  My Aria, and the replacement Aria, have never worked since March.  

I had gastric surgery over 18 months ago.  The logging feature of the Aria was the critical feature I bought.  Otherwise, rhe $14 scale it replaced would be adequate.

The $39 Renpho seems to do everything I needed the Aria to do, except on Bluetooth.  I would have prefered the Aria worked.  I replaced it, and the access point.  I have invested way too much time and effort toward that end.  I resent having to buy another product when the Aria was such an expensive product.  I would give the Aria to anyone in the SF Bay area who would come and get it.

@_2020_ wrote:

I don’t think they can fix it, they are stalling until they say device is not supported anymore!

I think it can physically work.  My theory is that the firmware needs updating.  The issue, I AM GUESSING, is that the Aria can’t get on the WiFi to have a new firmware update.  If the IOS application could deliver a working update, I think it would have been done.  It may require the firmware be updated with an UART serial device.  IF THAT’S TRUE, EVERY SCALE WOULD HAVE TO BE SHIPPED TO AND FROM FITBIT.  AGAIN, I AM SUPPOSING!  My guess is this because it would be cost/labor intensive.  And, impractical to rescue the product and customer base.

Whatever the remedy is, Fitbit doesn’t seem to know how, or have a business model, that can implement it.  I couldn’t wait any longer.  That’s why I bought something else.  I am not encouraging that you buy another product.  I had to for my needs.  As I have said, my Aria is free to the first person in the SF Bay area would would like to come and claim it.

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer
0 Votes

No more patience, just reading the same things over and over. Fix it or refund it.

Best Answer
@drmeiswinkel

You are right. And that assumes that hardware can support 802.11g which i am not sure of.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I am a retired IT professional part of my job was troubleshooting problems similar to this.  Never did it take this long to work out an issue. It doe not take months to come up with fixes. Fitbit has no intention of working on the Comcast issue and that is sad. 

Best Answer

mine works with a comcast router.  my last router (same model) died and the new one required the same steps to get the scale working.  it does not however stop working and hasn't in a month.  ready?  here goes - 

1. log in to your comcast account

2. on top of the page towards the right is the icon for the wifi. click on it.  that brings you to the gateway online page.

3. click on network.  this brings you to the next page.  at the bottom of the white area you will see advanced settings.

4. click on advanced settings.  at the top of the advanced settings page you will see 2.4 and 5GHz wifi.

5. click on 2.4 and 5GHz wifi.  at the top of the next page you will see 2.4GHz wifi on the left and edit on the right.

6. click edit.  this brings you a popup with a selectable drop down for wifi mode.

7. click the drop down for wifi mode.  your choices will be 802.11 b,g,n or 802.11 g,n.

8.  whatever is elected at the moment choose 802.11 g,n then apply changes.  once the changes are applied the go and choose 802.11 b,g,n and apply changes.  i believe this may do a sort of reset or clearing out the router.  maybe, i'm a chef so i don't have a clue.

9. go back to the network page and click edit wifi.

10. choose a different name and pw for the 2.4 GHz band.  i also chose WPA2 for security.  i'm not sure this made a difference but it works.  make sure you click the "broadcast 2.4 GHz wifi name" box.

11. do the scale setup using the new network name and pw.

12. go to the devices tab on the comcast page and see what is listed and what it's connected to.  i'm not sure what the device name is i have this 

Espressi-09F9

here is the unfortunate truth.  i believe that fitbit really has no intention of securing a solution.  the fact the the end users have to come up with the solutions speaks volumes.  the goal of fitbit is to make profits.

Best Answer

It does look that way. I don’t understand, even if it costs a lot, why they won’t protect their brand.  It makes me wonder what they think of where they will be, as a company, in the future.

I have had no success with these ploys

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer
0 Votes

i have eliminated any other device on the 2.4 band except a lacrosse weather station.  anything other than that would give me the boot.  especially older tablets.  i don't know why.  maybe ask for a router swap and check that out.  it has been since the swap that i've been pretty much good.

Best Answer
0 Votes