Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aria didn't turn on after changing batteries

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi!

Another Aria that dies after a battery change. Worked fine and i got a message "Your Aria battery level is low". Changed the batteries and know it woun´t start up. Completely dark. Tried to take out batteries for 10 sek and put them back in again but no luck.

I have send an email to support. Hope they could help me.

It seems that this is a common problem, anyone  that know what to do.

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi
I left the batterys out over night and then put them in again. I notised that the plus pol on the battery didn't connect good.
Did a little bending to get better contact and now the Aria is up and running again.

Skickat från min iPhone

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
29 REPLIES 29

Hi

Ok i sent you an email

Best Answer

I also have dead scale after changing batteries.  Did you figure out what is wrong?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine just did the same thing today.  Any answers yet?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi
I left the batterys out over night and then put them in again. I notised that the plus pol on the battery didn't connect good.
Did a little bending to get better contact and now the Aria is up and running again.

Skickat från min iPhone

Best Answer
It worked! Thank you so much!

Sent from Cindi's iPhone
Best Answer
It worked! Thank you so much!

Sent from Cindi's iPhone
Best Answer

@Kpeson @Cindih77 It's great to have you both aboard in our Fitbit Community! I'm so glad to hear that your Aria scales are working properly now. Thanks for keeping the update here.

@ksdw Thanks for joining us in this thread and our Fitbit Community! Please try @Kpeson's tips. Sometimes the contacts may move a little bit. Also, clean the contacts. where the batteries are placed, with a cotton swab and a little bit of alcohol. After this put the batteries back in and see if your Aria's display turns on.

See you guys later! Smiley Happy

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same thing happened to me. I will continue to take batteries in and out play with my Aria scale a bit more but its completely black still. My fit bit around the wrist broke off and fell somewhere so I wasnt so much in a hurry because I cant find the fit bit due to the band breaking. Second fit bit this has happened to. Fingers crossed.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Update' called customer service and the gentleman there was very helpful. He guided me through setting it up again and having me take in and out several times batteries out (although those were New out of package batteries) he had me open a fresh pack. 15 min later I'm back up and running. Lesson for me is... call in and try everything. I was just about to throw my scale away and instead returned batteries that were faulty. A lot to go through but I love this scale. 

Best Answer

Please help, what battery type do our Aria scales use? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@skinnyrie It's great to see you in our Fitbit Community and it's also great news that your Aria scale is working as it should now. I'm glad to hear that our Support team helped you to get this issue resolved.

@Beezy1978 Thanks for participating in this thread! Regarding your question, the Aria scale uses 4 AA batteries. The brand, it doesn't matter.

Keep me posted if more questions arise my friends! Smiley Happy

Best Answer

I did the bend thing, didn't change anything. change from putting in the new enrgizer ultimate lithium batteries to some previously used duracell copper tops and things started working normally.

Best Answer

Welcome aboard @bajascoob! Sounds pretty odd that the used batteries brought your Aria scale back to business. However, I'm glad to hear that it's working properly now. Thanks for posting the update here.

I'd like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you can share your experiences, meet people and create new topics.

Hope to see you in our Fitbit Community more often my friend! Smiley Happy

Best Answer

Love this forum. Had the low battery warning, changed to new batteries and scale dead! Immediately went here and tried solution and I'm up and running... go Fitbit!!

Best Answer

I switched from Duracell to Energizer and Walla! It worked. Crazy process, but now I know!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had to switch from Duracvell to Energizer and it fixed the issue immediately.  No other changes.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I was using Duracell batteries and swapped them to Energizer.  That fixed the problem. Doesn't make any sense, but it worked!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Tennisgirl1 @ShadeauMasterJo I'm so glad to hear that your Aria scales are working properly now. Thanks for sharing the workarounds that helped you to get the issue sorted out.

I'd like to invite you guys to visit our Discussions board where you can share your experiences, meet people and create new topics.

Hope to see you both in our Fitbit Community more often my friends! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

So what happens if you get the low battery issue when you first get the Aria scale, and new batteries nor cleaning the contacts works? Ive tried everything, received it as a gift and it' a paperweight so far. 

Best Answer
0 Votes