Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aria didn't turn on after changing batteries

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi!

Another Aria that dies after a battery change. Worked fine and i got a message "Your Aria battery level is low". Changed the batteries and know it woun´t start up. Completely dark. Tried to take out batteries for 10 sek and put them back in again but no luck.

I have send an email to support. Hope they could help me.

It seems that this is a common problem, anyone  that know what to do.

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer
0 Votes
29 REPLIES 29
I ended up using a different brand of battery..and not the super extended
life one.
--

Scoob
Best Answer
0 Votes

I changed from brand new Energizers to a mix of Duracell and others I had lying lose in the drawer. This worked.

Best Answer

I have tried leaving batteries out and then replacing. It lights up and then the low battery signal comes up. Have tried 2 different sets of new batteries and tried messing with connectors...nothing

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Jenniferlynn82 Thanks for participating in the Fitbit forums and it's great to see you here @bajascoob! I want to follow up on your cases and would like to know if the issue persists or if your Aria scale are still showing the "Low battery" icon.

@EBF12 I'm so glad to hear that you resolved the issue by trying different brands of batteries. Thank you for sharing the solution in the Community!

@ALS41 Thank you for joining us in this thread and the Fitbit Community! I'm sorry to hear that your Aria scale is still displaying the "Low Battery" icon even though you have troubleshooted this issue. Have you tried using a little bit of alcohol in order to clean the contacts or springs of your scale? Make sure that the batteries you have tried are not rechargeable. If the issue persists, let me know.

See you all later! Smiley Happy

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks, Guys!! 

Have been struggling to set up my Aria scale that's about 3 years old with the instructions online and used the above tips (using new batteries with old ones & using rubbing alcohol with a small bush to clean the connectors) and it finally stopped saying no/low batteries with brand new batteries in it. 

Thanks for the help, thought I was about to have to throw away this expensive scale!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Glad it helped!

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same problem today.

I have the same problem. Put new batteries in today. Nothing!! Please Help

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer
0 Votes
Try different batteries..not highpower long life ones.
Best Answer

I'm going to try this.  Aria battery posts appear fine, so I'll see how the overnight "rest" works...  

Best Answer
0 Votes

I replaced batteries and since then have spent an enormous amount of time trying to find out why the dead battery symbol would not go away. and all but gave up. In the end I came across an online comment about the brand of battery as the cause of the problem. As a last resort I tried this thinking no way ! But guess what ? YES WAY !!!! I removed the perfectly fine Duracell branded batteries and replaced them with a random brand I had and it came to life. Fitbit need to acknowledge this and take some responsibility. I nearly threw the unit away. Wonder how many have been. For the amount of time I wasted finding this bizarre solution I could have gone on a fully paid round the world trip. Hope this helps anyone having the same issue. 

Best Answer