Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I delete Aria scale from my account

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
I bought this scale I January. It was junk so I returned it 30 days later. It still shows up on my Fitbit account. I would like to delete it but that doesn't seem possible. Can it be done ?
Best Answer
45 REPLIES 45

@EKM53 Here are instructions to remove the Aria from your account:

1. Log into your Fitbit Dashboard and click on the gear icon in the upper right corner. Select "Aria Scale".
2. Select the scale that you would like to delete from the upper right side of the screen.
3. Make sure the "People" tab is selected. 
4. Below the "Invite People" button on the right, there will be an X. Clicking the X next to your name will remove your scale from your account.

Best Answer

Thank you for joining the Community @EKM53! I noticed that @Michael has offered a few suggestions to help resolve your issue. Was that the information you were looking for? If so, I invite you to mark his post as the solution. Marking posts as solutions is a great way of thanking another community member while also highlighting their solution so that it may be discovered more easily by other community member's facing the same questions or issues as you. You can read more about Accepted Solutions here.

Please contact me back if you have any other questions or comments. Robot Happy

Melissa | Community Moderator, Fitbit

How are you fitbitting with your (pet) best friend? Show us!

Best Answer

Sadly this doesn't work if you lost the scale. It requires you to sync it again afterwards to be allowed to remove it. Any other suggestions?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for joining the Community @Matatora! This is interesting, I actually was able to remove the scale from my account a long time ago after I stopped using it. Have you tried removing it lately? Do you get an error message when you attempt to do it? 

I look forward to your reply.

Best Answer
I added Fitbit tracker to my fitness pal, but the fitbit aria scale app is also mysteriously connected- I don't want the scale app! How do I delete it from mfp?
Best Answer
0 Votes

That is really strange and actually the first time I hear this happening @Inspired2. Have you tried unlinking and relinking both accounts? Give this a try:

1. Sign into your Fitbit dashboard.
2. Click the gear icon in the upper right corner and select "Settings" from the drop-down menu.
3. On the left side of your screen click "Applications."
4. Under MyFitnessPal, click "Revoke Access."
5. You can then re-link the two accounts by going to http://www.fitbit.com/apps/myfitnesspal.

Let me know if this helps you out. Welcome aboard! Robot Happy

Best Answer

I've spent hours and hours over several days trying to link the Aria scale to my network.  It worked fine, then I changed the modem, and then it stopped working.  The good news is, I've solved the problem.  So to save you time I'll spell out what I have learned.  The fitbit support team I'd been emailing about this problem did NOT make these suggestions so maybe they don't know about it.  Definately an area for improvement for the fitbit support team.

1.  The most important thing of ALL:  Make sure that your SSID (the name of your wireless network) contains ONLY letters and/or numbers.  Do not have any other symbols (in my case, the underscore '_' cost me a few days' problem solving).

2.  Make sure your wireless router can work with a 802.11b device.

3.  Make sure your security setting is mixed to include the lower level WPA.

Holy moley, that took far too long to solve.  And I am grateful to the other members who posted about this problem and led me towards this solution.  I wish I'd come here first!!@!!

Best Answer

Welcome aboard @Jetlee! I'm happy to hear that you were able to fix the problem and get your scale to connect with your network again. It can get a bit tricky when you change your router or any setting, however, I'm glad you figured it out. I appreciate you sharing your workaround and tips, hopefully this helps other users experiencing the same.

Any other questions, let me know. Have a great day!

Best Answer
Hi Melissa- I have tried to revoke access but then both Fitbit apps disappear. Whenever I try to add just the Fitbit app- not the scale, they always both load. I will try your suggestion again.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Tried yet again and no luck- cannot delete scale app- I never even had the scale or tried to download the scale app.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes this is verry annoying as mfp app only recognizes the scale, which I don't even have. How can I get rid of it so I don't have to disconnect and reconnect my accounts every day. 

Spoiler

Best Answer
0 Votes

I appreciate your reply @Inspired2, sorry for my delayed response. Welcome to the community @lawend! I thank you for your updates in this situation. I tried testing this but wasn't able to see what you guys are experiencing. Would you both be so kind to send me a screen shot of this so I can further investigate? Thanks!

Looking forward to your reply.

Best Answer
Here is a screen shot showing both devices added. I'm not sure if this is a 'Fitbit' issue or a 'my fitness pal' issue. It just seems as though these two devices are connected and if one is added or removed, the other one is too. I have tried removing the scale in the my fitness pal app and it will remove the tracker too. If I try then to just install the tracker, the scale is added too. The scale doesn't even show up on my Fitbit Dashboard or anything, because I have never had one.

Thank you for your help.

[cid:4a6c58e3-4d31-4636-b3b0-db1836568b43]
Best Answer
0 Votes

I appreciate your reply @lawend. I'm sorry, I didn't get the screen shot. Would you mind sending it again?

Thanks!

Best Answer
Is there some special way to add it?

[cid:1eb4d5d2-54c2-4560-9fac-151df235925e]
Best Answer
0 Votes

@lawend You can try following the steps listed in this article on our Community FAQs. 

Thanks!

Best Answer

IMG_0984.PNG

Best Answer
0 Votes
I think i got the screen shot figured out.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you so much for your effort @lawend, I got it! Ok, after investigating this from Fitbit's end and MFP, I was able to confirm that this is a default situation. Whenever you link your Fitbit account with MFP, both apps will show up. One of out team members tested this and was able to confirm it and apparently this comes from MFP end not Fitbit. 

I hope this information is of help @lawend and @Inspired2. If you have any other questions, please let me know. 

Best Answer