Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I delete Aria scale from my account

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
I bought this scale I January. It was junk so I returned it 30 days later. It still shows up on my Fitbit account. I would like to delete it but that doesn't seem possible. Can it be done ?
Best Answer
45 REPLIES 45
Thank you.
Best Answer

My pleasure @lawend. Let me know if you need help with anything else.

Have a great day! 

Melissa | Community Moderator, Fitbit

How are you fitbitting with your (pet) best friend? Show us!

Best Answer
I love you for this! I have had two aria's for ages and it has annoyed me so much!!!!!!
Best Answer
0 Votes

There is no "gear" in the upper right hand corner on my dashboard. Can't understand why it has to be so hard to simply delete a user from my aria

Best Answer
Your instructions are far better than any that I have come across. Been trying to delete my scale just to change my network for 2 hours now. No one said it has to do with your name since usually there is an option to delete the device, not a person. Kudos
Best Answer
0 Votes

That did not work for me 😞 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for posting that information very helpfull,

Best Answer
0 Votes

This does not work.  I revoked access, but the scale still shows up under devices.

Also note, per previous "solutions" (hahahaha) that THERE IS NO "DELETE DEVICE" button, neither in the online app, nor the iphone app.

My scale quit syncing after I updated my router, and several hours of attempts and so-called "customer support" failed to resolve the issue.

Because my warranty expired, my $120 scale is now a paper weight.

FitBit fails again.  This is one failure in a long line of Fitbit fails.  I wonder if their tech support is even trained in how their devices work.  NO MORE FITBIT FOR ME.

This worked.  Thank you.

Why doesn't FitBit simply but a "remove device from account" button when you click on a device?  I recall seeing this feature previously.  Perhaps it's because my Aria no longer can connect with the network and unable to sync...?

Either way, the fitbit app and online account are terrible interfaces.  When the Aria works, it's a nice device.  The problem is that it is horribly difficult to sync with the network, and a 1 year warranty for such an expensive device is laughable.

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer

After taking a long time to work this out it's actually pretty easy. 

You have to log into the desktop version of the app. There might be a way to do it on phone app but read this first....

So log into desktop version of the app and got to 'accoun' and on the aria you want to remove, you click on 'people using this scale'. You then click  on the user and then click on remove user. Once all users are removed you then go to any page of your choice and come back to 'accoun' and it will be refreshed with the aria that has no users being deleted and can not be seen anymore.

If there is a way to delete users from the aria in the phone apps then you will just need to wait till it refreshes and that too will remove it  

If you want to add a new one, simply remove battery for ten seconds put it back in and then add a new device being the aria.  You then connect your wifi to the aria connection and then it will chow you your home network.  Click on home network and then enter the password which the aria will connect to and save those details.  If it say connecting on the app and doesn't connect, press back button and it will the show you your home networks to connect to.  Just a little flaw.  

Best Answer

I'm trying to my hardest not to feel the say way as you do. I feel like I wasted money. I hope you found a product that works for you. Thanks Michael for the support but my scale won't delete dor someone reason. I think its user error, however I will try again. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Its really frustrating that I searched the help files for an hour before GOOGLE had to finally send me here. It should BE in help and support.

Best Answer

I removed my name where it says people using the scale and then it removed the scale from my dashboard. 

Best Answer

After the scale is removed did all you data get deleted? I am going to a different scale.

Best Answer
0 Votes

No more fitbit for me either!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Another reason the stock has gone from 40 to 5

Best Answer
0 Votes

that worked.. I agree  - the scale is junk.. inaccurate, and can't adjust for reality..

Best Answer
0 Votes

My aria scale quit working and I got a new one, it has been about a year ago,  I have followed all the different instructions I have seen posted and have been unsuccessful. It does not show any people for the scale to delete. Not sure what to do.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Shari789 Welcome to our Fitbit Community! I'm sorry for the late response. However, I would like to follow up and would like to know if the issue persists or if you managed to remove your Aria scale from your account.

Looking forward to your response! Smiley Happy

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes

Nope, it never did allow me to delete it. I have tried from the computer dashboard and the app dashboard. I find it odd that I have not had the scale for years now and it shows it as updating daily...

Best Answer
0 Votes

As you can see unlike with the tracker when it comes to the scale there is no way to remove it. It seems odd that fitbit has had YEARS to sort this out and has not made any progress. Screen Shot 2020-09-26 at 5.55.59 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-09-26 at 5.58.47 PM.png

Best Answer