Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to: Setup your Fitbit Aria

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

The simplest and quickest approach to setting up your Aria scale is by installing and running the setup software from here.

If you are unable to complete the setup with this software, we recommend using the web-based setup as a secondary alternative. Complete instructions for this process can be found in this help article, along with the instructional video below.

Setting up your Aria via the Web-based Method

For assistance with putting your Aria in "Setup Active" mode, please consult this post.

If you are unable to complete the setup process using the above information, check this help article for more setup tips. For further assistance, please contact our Support Team at http://contact.fitbit.com or join the discussion in our Aria Community forum. Be sure to provide as many details as possible about where in the process you are getting stuck and what error you are encountering.

Best Answer
293 REPLIES 293

I know you did not. It was a very rude person...who is on here to troll people. Sorry for any confusion. 🙂

Best Answer

Wow, you were completely unhelpful.  You did not answer my question. I had another aria at my house and it worked before. It is connected, I am talking about adding additional users to the device. Please help people in the future.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I set my Router to "B" only for setup, and that seemed to work. Once connected, I switched the router back to auto, and the scale still connects fine.

Best Answer
0 Votes

This helped!  Thank you.  We moved homes and my Wifi changed.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Scales are really just a big lump of useless plastic.

Stopped connecting to Wifi in February.

Tried to reconnect. Have tried 2 routers.

Goes into SetUp mode. Eventually connects to the Aria Wifi, then after proceeding, half the time the web page crashes. The other quarter it gets to the wifi signal screen and half of that time it might see a number of wifi signals (the other, nothing at all). 

Tells me its found the Wifi 1 in 4 times, and then "Wifi Err" - reboots straight back to the Set-Up screen.

Useless device - just useless.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I was setting up my fitbit Aria and got to the step where i got the scale connected to the internet and when i went to switch my phone back to my home internet from the scale network, the page went down and when i refreshed it took me back to the home page not where i was in the set up. Now the scale is flashing set up activate but when i attempt to restart the setup i can no longer connect to the scales network. How can i fix this?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Remove the battery again and start over

Sent from my Verizon 4G LTE Droid
Best Answer
0 Votes
Send it back - this problem is a design defect and it cannot be fixed except by rolling your network back to the last century.
Best Answer
0 Votes

OH MY GOD THIS WORKED.  My Xfinity router was set to not accept 802.11b devices and I followed Matthews instructions - the only part I had to figure out is that if you have xfinity the login for the 10.0.0.1 page is ADMIN and password is "password" its not your usual login.  From there Matthews directions are perfect.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Biggest issue was getting the battery cover back on before the display went dark... lol. 

First try I got WIFI ERR Waited a few minutes and tried again.... Success!

Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes

PLEASE NOTE - If you are trying to setup and Aria 2 scale The process is entirely different.

Please go to the Aria 2 community for that information.

Best Answer
0 Votes
This post is months old. 

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I can't even select B on my router options.  It is bizarre!

Best Answer

I’m beyond frustrated. I’ve had my Aria for a while now and it used to work like a charm until the Aria 2 came out. Now, I can’t remove my device. I can’t change the Wifi network. I get all the way through the setup process and it it resets back to try again. I’ve purchased every Fitbit device and loved every single one including the Aria but there was no reason to purchase a new scale when I had a brand new one. I hate to post negative things but I’ve spent hours trying to get this scale to set change WiFi networks and I’m over it. What good is a product if you can’t use it? Trash can it goes 😞.

Best Answer