Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to: Setup your Fitbit Aria

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

The simplest and quickest approach to setting up your Aria scale is by installing and running the setup software from here.

If you are unable to complete the setup with this software, we recommend using the web-based setup as a secondary alternative. Complete instructions for this process can be found in this help article, along with the instructional video below.

Setting up your Aria via the Web-based Method

For assistance with putting your Aria in "Setup Active" mode, please consult this post.

If you are unable to complete the setup process using the above information, check this help article for more setup tips. For further assistance, please contact our Support Team at http://contact.fitbit.com or join the discussion in our Aria Community forum. Be sure to provide as many details as possible about where in the process you are getting stuck and what error you are encountering.

Best Answer
293 REPLIES 293
i love my aria it works vary good
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi how do you check this on your router? Do you happen to know?

Best Answer
0 Votes
I depends on the router - each model of router has a different configuration interface
Best Answer
0 Votes
It's been a year since I've had this scale, and I never could get it to
sync with my computer. I finally gave up! I just use it as a regular
scale......sorry I can't be of more help. The whole thing was VERY
frustrating!!
Best Answer
0 Votes
I love it and it work
Best Answer
0 Votes

Don't hold it in - tell is how you really feel...

Best Answer
0 Votes
How did you get it to work I have Hughes network also and it won't set up
Best Answer
0 Votes

Your best bet is to add the MAC address into your router. That's the only way it'll work, Unfortunately.

Mac address.

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer
0 Votes
I gave up and sent it back.

--

~ Save the planet earth; it's the only one with chocolate! ~
Best Answer
0 Votes

The method of downloading the software to my WIFI laptop worked for me.  I made several attempt using my cell phone.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My computer is connected to my broadband router (that has wi-fi) via cable. For some reason the Aria setup did not detect any wireless network at first try. Temporarily inserting a wi-fi card into my computer solved the problem. Setup detected the wi-fi network and Aria is now working just fine (it's a really cool device to have actually!). I did not remove that ethernet cable, maybe that was the reason why the wi-fi network was not detected at first try (I've never experienced that as a problem before with other wireless connected devices in my home).

Aria, Charge 5, and Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite (Android One) user.
Best Answer
0 Votes

One of the easiest setups EVER! Use a smart phone and go to the App. Detect the device then follwo directions on the smart phone. Too easy I don;t unserstand why people are having issues if your smart phone detects your network, your Aria will too. It's just that you do, at one point, have to connect your smart phone to the "Aria" network and then back to your home network. If you have ever setup a Ring Video Doorbell - it's the same types of steps. EASY! The Aria just doesn;t automatically detect and sync to your home network - you have to follow the instructions. Easiest using a phone standing next to scale and going back and forth between networks and web pages (Safari on the iPhone). 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I love my aira sealing it's working great .

--
Sent from Gmail Mobile
Best Answer

@erod10379: There are literally thousands of frustrated users that would disagree with you.   A single post and a glowing review sounds like a damage-control PR shill to me.

Best Answer
Dude - I live in Madison Alabama, work for a major defense contractor, and
am fortunate enough to be participating in a health and wellness program.
My Aria was free for me and my wife due to bonuses earned as part of our
program. My wife mentioned to me, after ordering the Aria, that there were
a lot of people having issues with the Setup. Initially, upon taking it out
of the box and pulling the tab out of the battery, it immediately went into
Setup mode. I immediately "thought" that it would sync up all by itself; I
was wrong. I then started using a PC for setup - did not work. I then went
to my iPhone and followed the directions. My phone detected the Aria
network, made the connection to the scale, followed the directions, and
connected my iPhone back to my home network after the Aria had made its
connection. I'm dead serious, very easy setup. If people aren't having
success I suggest being PATIENT and carefully follow the directions using a
smart phone. And no, this is not a shrill. Hell, I wish, then I'd be
getting paid.
Best Answer

Like @erod10379 my setup was smooth, and this was last saturday(03/05/2016) after buying the Aria.

Two days went and today (03/07/2016) in the morning before shower Aria doesn´t want to work.

Same problem as the other users.

If i've read the troubleshooting pages i would never spend time looking and purchase the scale.

Later i will give one more try in setting up again, if that doesn't work, it will be return and refunded.

By the way, just for everyone know, i did the setup from a laptop with the windows app.

Cheers

Best Answer
0 Votes

My scale has never been setup.  My smart phone is my only connection for the internet so there is no network to set it up to unless y'all know something I don't, which is most likely the case.

It is a very expensive digital scale that does nothing more than the cheap one I bought at WalMart. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, @123098 , if you also have a computer or a tablet you can theoretically set up your scale using your phone as a wifi router, as long as your phone and network can meet the right rquirements:

802.11b frequency setting.
WEP / WPA / WPA2 personal security.
Automatic (DHCP) IP setup (static IP configuration are not supported).

However sometimes even if your phone can meet these requirements it doesn't work because of (according to Fitbit Support) "other complications".

But you could try!

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

Best Answer

@123098 wrote:

My smart phone is my only connection for the internet. 

In that case, you need to set up your smartphone as a wifi hotspot. It’s possible with iPhones and Android phones (probably Windows phones as well). Google it for your particular smartphone.

It may be a bit tricky to do everything on your phone (set up as wifi hotspot + run setup for Aria). You may want to invite a friend who has a laptop to your home and use the laptop to do the setup for the Aria, once your phone has been put into hotspot mode.

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

You cannot do everything on your phone.  You do have to have a second device -- besides your phone, which acts as your router, you need a computer/tablet/phone for the setup.

Even if all your settings are correct it may not work (as I mentioned above), but it is worth a try.

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

Best Answer