Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to reset Aria to factory settings?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have made changes to my network howover unable to change Aria network name showing on Aria display during setup. Network name on Aria remanins same as per original setup. Unable at this time to match network name on Aria with new network name on router.....how can I reset Aria to factory settings? I have taken out all 4 batteries waited before re--installing original information continues to be displayed on Aria...

Best Answer
87 REPLIES 87

@ToddEric wrote:
Just pretend that you bought a new scale and set it up like you would for the very first time. In other words don't try and change the settings on your current scale. Go to your app and choose add new scale and when you're finished you will not have two scales on your account.

This is what finally did it for me. Set up a new scale.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I am able to go through the entire process until the very last instruction which asks you to get back onto my wifi network after being connected to Aria. When I connect to my network and click "I'm connected " my Aria goes right back to SETUP ACTIVE. I've tried on multiple devices with the same result. Please help.
Best Answer
0 Votes

How is this on no other instructions. This warning about the ONLY physical button on the device is buried in a forum post?!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Finally got to the bottom of this - Change your router to 2.4GHz rather than 5GHz (or possibly mixed). This became obvious when using the web set up rather than the mobile app, because your mobile may work on 5GHz, but the scales don't. The web setup gets directly into the scale, so you can see that it cannot see your routers' SSID when on 5GHz.

Best Answer

This also worked for me.
Thank you for sharing this tip, I had been trying for 3 months now with no luck.
Changed the network to not have "_" characters, to a shorter name and it worked immediatly.

I had the latest software, I tried hardware resetting it with a paper clip, new batteries, nothing.

Just make sure your SSID has only alphabet letters.

Fitbit, please, stop being so minimalistic, a USB cable connector, or an extra button to go into setup mode would make life so much easier.

Best Answer

Dear Matthew,

I apologise for tagging onto someone elses post but the message is also relevant to my problem.

When I first set up my scales 6 months ago there was no problem with connecting to my phone and laptop via wifi but since the installation of a new router I am unable to do so. Having followed the instructions both video and text I have tried, on numerous occasions, to connect via wifi all to no avail.  

I cannot see anything I can do othan to return the scales as faulty.

Could you please advise.

Best Answer
I could not get it to connect when I used the website and my laptop. However, when I used the app on my ipad, it worked perfectly. Hope this helps.
Best Answer

Having spent an hour getting Aria connected to my network when new, I was dreading trying to connect it to my new router. IT SHOULDNT BE THIS WAY AND THERE ARE CLEARLY PROBLEMS FOR FITBIT TO ADDRESS. So I wasted another hour before I got Aria connected to the new network. Here is what I learnt:

1. Aria will not connect to 5GHz network

2. Success is not dependant on getting the process right, it is dependant on your patience as you will have to try the same thing again and again until for an unspecified reason it suddenly connects.

3. When FitBit refer to 'SELECT' they mean press the two lower corners of the scale.

4. Even when connected to a new network, the app will still show you are connected to the old one until you restart the app.

5. I hope my replacement Surge lasts longer than 14 months this time.

6. Don't buy any FitBit products from Currys PC World because they will not refund/replace when it goes wrong after 14 months.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Repeating setup doesn't work for me.  I've followed the steps over and over.  I can't get the Aria to change networks.  The Aria goes into setup mode and connects to my phone ok but never connects through the network on my computers browser that it says to leave open.  My old network name stays on the scale.  I looked to see if there's a way to delete the Aria scale from my account to re-add it again and couldn't find any way to delete it.  What now?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@brogs A warm welcome to our Fitbit Community and it's great to see you here @redstrom! Seems odd that your Aria scales are not connecting with your networks. I would like you to take a look at this thread which has great tips and troubleshooting steps that will help you to get your scales connected with your networks.

Keep me posted on the outcome my friends! Smiley Happy

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes

My issue was that I forced my network to only work on high speed connections. I had to set my network to accept and allow 11Mbps connections and then it was a breeze to set it up. When I had the "wrong" or only fast speed settings my Aria would not connect. Maybe you need to change some speed setting in your router to allow 11Mbps per second connections. My Network is a 2.4Ghz wireless.

Saw this article afterwards: https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/1154

My issue was that I forced my network to only work on high speed connections. I had to set my network to accept and allow 11Mbps connections and then it was a breeze to set it up. When I had the "wrong" or only fast speed settings my Aria would not connect.

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer
0 Votes

Following these instructions was succesful for me.

Thanks,

MatthewFitbit

Best Answer
0 Votes

HOW CAN YOU RESET THE AVIA SCALE ?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@vernon35 It's great to have you aboard in the Community! I'm so glad to hear that Matthew's instructions were helpful. I'd like to share the Aria's manual so you can get the most out of your product.

@JOHNJLC Thanks for joining us in the Community! regarding your question, you can reset your Aria by taking the batteries for 15 seconds and then put them back in. Once this has been done, the Aria should be reset.

Keep me posted if more questions arise my friends! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes
I have my Aria working now. Thank you

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
Best Answer
0 Votes

@vernon35 I'm so glad to hear that your Aria scale is working properly now. Thanks for keeping me posted.

I'd like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you can create new topics, share your experiences and meet people.

Hope to see you in the Community more often my friend! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have followed all of the instructions.  Gotten the scale into Setup mode and the Fitbit software will not make the change on the netowork.  What else can be done?  Why are there problems with the factory reset?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@MarkChi Thanks for joining us in this thread and the Fitbit Community! I would like to know if you made changes to your network such as password, router or network settings. If so, please make sure that your network has the settings required. After this, please try the setup process one more time.

Looking forward to your response my friend! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks - this was helpful. It was the one piece of advice that worked for me - using my iPad instead of trying to set up through a web-based application using my computer.

Best Answer

@djreffkaplan Thanks for participating in our Fitbit Community! I'm so glad to hear that you were able to set up your Aria scale using your iPad. Thanks for keeping the update here.

Don't hesitate to get back if any other question arises my friend and keep achieving your goals! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes