Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to reset Aria to factory settings?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have made changes to my network howover unable to change Aria network name showing on Aria display during setup. Network name on Aria remanins same as per original setup. Unable at this time to match network name on Aria with new network name on router.....how can I reset Aria to factory settings? I have taken out all 4 batteries waited before re--installing original information continues to be displayed on Aria...

Best Answer
87 REPLIES 87

I have tried at least two dozen times following the instructions to the letter and cannot get this thing to reconnect to the Wi-Fi. I made no changes to the Wi-Fi settings or the router. It just stopped updating and sinking about a month and a half ago. Any clue as to what to do or should I just throw it to the window?

Best Answer
I am having the same problem and just gave up. I would fight it every time I changed batteries or when I changed routers. Now it just won't connect. Not worth the trouble.
Best Answer

I tried this ... and it still won't connect

Best Answer
0 Votes

@brogs wrote:

6. Don't buy any FitBit products from Currys PC World because they will not refund/replace when it goes wrong after 14 months.

They show a 2 year warranty on their website so I'm calling BS on this claim.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you. This process worked for me. 

@ToddEric wrote:

PROBLEM SOLVED:

Make sure your app is the most current version.

Launch it.

From the account tab, choose set up a device.  

Then follow the prompts.  Now it's connected.  And now I need to see if I have two Aria scales on my account and figure out how to delete the profile for that device from my previous wifi network.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Could you please update the setup page with this information. It would be helpful to have it there.

Best Answer
0 Votes

You need to press the reset button on the back of the scale.  I got so fed up I finally tried it after a few posts said not to.  Problem solved.  

The second I pressed and held it it went to setup mode.  I tried leaving the batteries out for weeks and still nothing.  I m pretty sure now that the button is the only way to do it.  

Best Answer

Don't do it advised by fitbit that a factory reset can irrevocably damage the scales.

Don't do it!!!!!

I was advised by fitbit when I had an issue with my scales and was informed that "a factory rest can irrevocably damage the scale".

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mathew

I think you should go out, buy a scale with your own hard earned money, set it up at a friends house and on their wi-fi, then take it home and try to use it on yours.

Maybe then you'll understand why none of your friggin' directions work, and why so many customers are unhappy with their expensive, and now useless scales.  

Why is there no "thumbs down" icon?

Pay attention Fitbit...

I love that Fitbit joins in the conversation of how unhappy so many of their customers are, but offering the sage advice of "its so odd" their product doesn't work.

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer

They really don't care.

After using the extensive and exhaustive instructions provided by fitbit on fault finding my Aria scale. Which was basically  "Nah nah nah we got you money, we got ya money, go give us some more"  I was able to rehouse my Aria scale at the local refuse depot. Hopefully it has a wonderful life with all the other defective scales.

The fitbit Aria scales really helped with my weight loss program The nearly $200 AU I blew buying these thing certainly lightened my wallet.

Stop standing behind limited warranties. Stand behind your products.

Aaddress the known problems with your devices and stop pissing off your customer base.

Best Answer

@Shando wrote:

Don't do it!!!!!

I was advised by fitbit when I had an issue with my scales and was informed that "a factory rest can irrevocably damage the scale".

I have used the factory reset button numerous times after my first time switching networks but it's certainly possible that others could have different results.

If they don't have enough confidence in their software to survive a reset, I don't see how they could have much confidence in their product.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My body fat increased from 26 to 40 overnight how do I reset that nothing works 

I tried the reset did not work same BS fat at 39% when I was at 26. Hell I lost 92 pounds I know I'm not 39

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same issue after installing a new wifi ro...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Folks here is what worked for me. I found this result quite by accident after similar hassles to all the other Aria scale users on this site. It turns out that the default settings on my router are not compatible with the older requirements of the aria scale. The good news is that my router manufacturer has specific Fitbit help for its users on its website. I do not know if this will help users of other routers but it fixed my problems in less than five minutes, including changing the router settings and reconnecting the aria scales. Here is the link you need to read (scroll down to the section: Enabling the wireless standard 802.11b).

https://en.avm.de/service/fritzbox/fritzbox-7390/knowledge-base/publication/show/509_Cannot-establis...

In case the connection does not work here is the text of that article (Note the performance of your lower frequency band may be affected but the higher faster frequency band if you have it should not be, I did  not find any issue):

Enabling the wireless standard 802.11b

The following step is only necessary if the wireless device (for example a Fitbit wireless scale) only supports the outdated wireless standard 802.11b:

Important: The wireless standard 802.11b is disabled in the FRITZ!Box by default because the user throughput of all wireless devices in the 2.4 frequency band is reduced when 802.11b support is enabled, even if none of the wireless devices use this standard.

1. Click "Wireless" ("WLAN") in the FRITZ!Box user interface.
  2. Click "Radio Channel" in the "Wireless" ("WLAN") menu.
  3. Enable the option "Adjust radio channel settings".
  4. Click "Additional Settings".
  5. Select the standard "802.11n+g+b" from the "Wireless standard 2.4 GHz" drop-down list.
  6. Click "Apply" to save the settings.
Best Answer

Solid advice on how to get back into Setup Active.  If only it would connect (lol...)

Best Answer
0 Votes

This was the only thing that worked for me! I have spent hours trying to figure this out. Who would have thought that my new X finity / Comcast router did not have the "b" band active in the 2.4GHz router settings. I added it, set it up the way I tried it the first time hours ago and wouldn't you know it, it worked. Thank you Alverton!

2018-03-22_21-52-52.jpg

So I wanted to follow up to this that this only worked for about a day or two. If I go through the setup process again (remove the battery), it says "wifi is ___" (my wifi name) but it won't connect after I step on the scale. I suspect this will reconnect if I clear the wifi and stay connected for another day but that is pretty.. well.. dumb, and I'm not going to do that every single day. I am editing my original post to let users know the original fix does NOT work and posting it again as a reply to let you know I still need help. I'm pretty frustrated that I have to manually enter this data every single time. What was the point of buying this scale with wifi if it doesn't sync???

Oh, and I called Xfinity.. their "tech support" is pretty clueless and I might as well be working there answering the phone. I explained the whole situation. She didn't even know what a "b" mode was. Really Xfinity?

Best Answer

@MrCorzell Thanks for joining us in this thread and our Fitbit Community! I want to follow up on this and would like to know if you are getting any error message when your Aria tries to connect to your WiFi. Besides the protocol 802.11b, make sure that your router's bandwidth is 2.4GHz and your WiFi password is alphanumerical.

@jennyjoz24 Welcome aboard in our Fitbit Community! I'm so glad to hear that your Aria scale could be set up after following @Alverton's workaround. Thanks for posting the update here. I'd like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you can share your experiences, meet people and create new topics.

See you later guys! Smiley Happy

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer

So glad to hear that it helped you.

Alverton

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Alverton I'm also glad to hear that your workaround has been very helpful. Thank you very much for being around and your contribution in this thread.

Don't hesitate to get back whenever you need assistance my friend! Smiley Happy

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer

You got it bobaroo as soon as I set it up as a new unit it worked but all the other information was bogus from the other post and pressing the reset with a paperclip through the small hole does nothing as I did it several times. Thanks for your post as I was about to give up after battling for three days.

Best Answer