Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reset Aria to Factory Settings

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Is there a way to reset the Aria to Factory settings so it forgets the current WiFi network?

I have done everything to try and get my Aria to sync with my Fitbit app but when trying to connect to the Aria WiFi - my device connects but then when clicking 'I'm connected' the connection fails.

I would like to remove my WiFi from the Aria to see if that will let me set it up like a new scale again.

Thanks

Linda

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

I also wanted to reset the Aria scale last night, so I searched for the solution in Fitbit Community all night although I couldn't resolve it... The problem was the instructions after "Tap to Change" appears in the display. 

Anyway by the morning, I was so fed up that I even thought about buying Aria 2 from the US Amazon!! (Aria 2 is not available yet in Japan) But guess what? I found the way to reset the Aria from the blog of one of Japanese Fitbit users!!!! Try to follow the steps as below.

1. Taking out a battery for 10-15 seconds and then put them back in

2. Try to step on the scale so that the message shows up on the display

3. While the message is still appearing on the display insert a needle into the small hole which you can find on the back of the scale (about 11.5cm from the top and 8cm from the left)

*If you insert the needle while display shows up nothing and in dark, this doesn't seemed to work

4. After a few seconds “Set Up Active” message should appear on the display (it means that you have managed to reset the Aria), then you can follow the Aria setup instructions on the user manual  

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
75 REPLIES 75

There doesn't seem to be a factory reset option for the Aria but I did find this comment which may be worth trying:

Changing your Wi-Fi network

If you’ve altered the name, password, router, or provider of your network, you’ll need to reconnect your Aria to the updated network using one of the above setup methods. In this case, you may find that your scale does not display “Set Up Active” after you remove and then reinsert a battery. It may instead display the name of your previous network followed by “Tap to change.” When you see the “Tap to change” message appear, press briefly and firmly on the two corners farthest from the display to put it in “Set Up Active” mode. If the scale’s Aria display goes blank or displays measurement information, you’ll need to remove and reinsert a battery and attempt this again. When the scale reads “Set Up Active,” you can continue with the setup as described above.

from https://staticcs.fitbit.com/content/assets/help/manuals/manual_aria_en_EX_US.pdf

Best Answer

I also wanted to reset the Aria scale last night, so I searched for the solution in Fitbit Community all night although I couldn't resolve it... The problem was the instructions after "Tap to Change" appears in the display. 

Anyway by the morning, I was so fed up that I even thought about buying Aria 2 from the US Amazon!! (Aria 2 is not available yet in Japan) But guess what? I found the way to reset the Aria from the blog of one of Japanese Fitbit users!!!! Try to follow the steps as below.

1. Taking out a battery for 10-15 seconds and then put them back in

2. Try to step on the scale so that the message shows up on the display

3. While the message is still appearing on the display insert a needle into the small hole which you can find on the back of the scale (about 11.5cm from the top and 8cm from the left)

*If you insert the needle while display shows up nothing and in dark, this doesn't seemed to work

4. After a few seconds “Set Up Active” message should appear on the display (it means that you have managed to reset the Aria), then you can follow the Aria setup instructions on the user manual  

Best Answer

@Linda1712 It's great to see you in our Fitbit Community! I would like to follow up and would like to know if you tried the troubleshooting steps that shared @SteveH and @Romi0724. Although, we don't recommend pushing the little hole that is on the back of the scale since this is not a reset button. If this hole is pushed many times, the scale may get damaged.

Looking forward to your response my friend! Smiley Happy

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you very much!  Putting a pin in the small black hole made it forgot my WiFi and then reconnect!

Thanks again 🙂

Linda

Best Answer

@Linda1712 I'm so glad to hear that you got your Aria scale back on track! Thanks for posting the update here.

I'd like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you can share your experiences, meet people and create new topics.

Hope to see you in our Fitbit Community more often! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

None of this has worked for me. I get to Joining Wifi, then ERR appears. It is broken and it isn't that old. I'm really kind of angry.

Best Answer

@trishe Thank you for joining us in this thread! I'm sorry to hear that your Aria scale only displays a "WiFi ERR" message. Let me go ahead and help you with this. Please let me know the following details: What is the make and model of your router? Have you made changes to your network (router, router settings or WiFi password?

See you later! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

I also get the same ERR message upon following instructions from numerous help threads, including the pin tips here, and changing the settings of the 2GHz network on my Comcast xfinity router (model TG1682G). I've also used iOS and Android devices. Desktop and web version of setup.

I'm out of options. Any help would be welcome

Best Answer

@CPFrenchie I noticed that you joined our Fitbit Community recently. Welcome aboard! Thank you for troubleshooting this issue before getting in touch with the forums. Since you mentioned that you have an Xfinity router, please follow the workaround shared in this post. On an aside note, our team is reviewing this issue and once there is an update about this issue, they'll post in that thread.

Let me know if you have any doubts! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having the same issue! (it says "ERR").  I've tried all the troubleshooting steps and none of them worked, so I called FitBit customer support.  The guy put me on hold for ~15 minutes and then came  back and said, "Sorry - there's nothing we can do.  Something internal is wrong with your scale."  Unfortunately is out of warranty so they won't replace it.  The only solution he offered was that I could BUY an new Aria 2.  I asked if they could give me any discount or anything.  He said, "let me check with my manager," and put me on hold for another ~10-15 minutes.   He then came back and said, "we can't offer you any discounts, but we can offer free shipping."   Wow. Free shipping?!?! Gee, thanks!! It's not like I don't already get that through Amazon or Walmart.com or my BestBuy account.

In short - I've had it with Fitbit!  I've had so many Fitbit bands break on me after very little use, and yet for some reason I keep giving them another chance - mostly because they were all covered under Best Buy's Geek Squad protection, so I could replace them at no extra cost.  And then I just found out Best Buy no longer covers Fitbit in its protection plan! If that isn't confirmation that Fitbit makes garbage that's guaranteed to fall apart, I don't know what is.  

It's really unfortunate, because when their stuff is working I love Fitbit.  But they've proven to me too many times that you can't count on their stuff to work consistently over time.

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer
Yeah, I think fitbit forgets that a couple hundred dollars is still a LOT of money. I remember when I used to just jog. I didn't track it, or anything. I still got fit and lost weight.

Now-a-days, my health benefit at work gives me a discount to track my steps, so I do. Fitbit connects to the program my employer uses, so it is pretty easy. I track sleep manually (because that gives me a discount too) because I can't stand wearing the fitbit to bed.

But fitbit doesn't track yoga or calisthenics as exercise or movement, two things I do a lot, and that my work gives me points for.

(I refuse to buy another heart rate version, or one of the uber expensive models that do track those yoga and weights. The HR contact irritates my skin no end, and is horribly inaccurate.)

Bottom line, it's an easy step tracker, but I'm not sure buying into the whole system is worth it.
Best Answer

Thanks. It worked and I used the pin from my iPhone that you use to remove your SIM card 

Best Answer

Me too.  I have spent all day trying to get the ERR message fixed.  I weighed myself, it worked, then did the setup to make it recognise the new wifi, and now it's had it.  The help people can't fix it.  Very Annoyed!!!!!  It was so expensive and I can't afford another one.

Me too... Very annoyed to find that there's something obviously in their software.  I spent all day trying to get rid of the ERR message.  Took it to a friend's and set it up with their wifi, and still the same problem.  It worked this morning before I set it up, so it happened in the setting up, so it's their software that has a problem.

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer

@RowenaT It's great to see you in our Fitbit Community! I'm sorry to hear that your Aria scale is also displaying a "Sensing Thinking ERR" message. Thank you for troubleshooting this issue before contacting our forums.

I was able to get in touch with our Support team and told me that they'll be able to follow up on your case via email. You should receive an email from them soon.

Let me know if you have any doubts! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

I wasn't able to make this solution work either. 

I have to say, I have never been so frustrated with what should be a simple fix. Changing your wifi networks or password is not uncommon and the work necessary to use this scale to its full potential is crazy! 

None of your directions are clear. I had to google a separate blog to realize that "tap" meant pres firmly on the lower corners of the scale. I get my phone on the Ariaxxxxx network and then nothing. 

Please fix this UI. Its ridiculous

Me too. Im going to give up and buy a competitor

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer

It was the original Aria scales that I had and Fitbit have been really good and replaced them.  

Best Answer

@lfoseid Welcome to our Fitbit Community! I'm sorry to hear about the difficulties you've experienced with your Aria when trying to set it up. I'd like to follow up and would like to know more details about the issue. Is your Aria showing any error message when it tries to connect? What is the make and model of your router?

@RowenaT I'm so glad to hear that our Support team sent you a replacement unit. Thank you for posting the update here.

See you guys around! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

If the aria didnt start after reset by pressing the reset bottom. Ive read that it might has been damaged!

can this be fixes or do i have to find a new one ?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SteenKH Thank you for joining us in this thread and our Fitbit Community! We don't recommend to press the button since pressing this may damage the Aria scale as you read previously.

I would like to follow up and would like to know if your Aria scale is experiencing any issues. If so, please provide more details and I'll be happy to assist you.

Looking forward to your response! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes