Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aria scale is stuck in "Setup Active"

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi, earlier I was stuck in "sensing, thinking, err" so I reset the whole thing, reconnected to wifi and everything, and now I'm stuck with the message "Setup Active" scrolling across the Aria. It will not shut off. I took the battery out and left it for 15 minutes, put it in again, and it's still scrolling. If I leave it all night it's going to run the batteries down completely.

I had put this on someone else's post about the sensing, thinking, err but thought it should have its own since it's really a different issue. Thank you for the help.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@BostonTerrier It's great to see you in the Community! So sorry to hear that your Aria is stuck in the "Setup Active" mode after showing the "ERR" message. It seems that you have troubleshooted this issue properly by taking the batteries out. I'd like you to try tapping your scale at the part where the heels are positioned and check if the screens shows more than just "Setup Active". If that is the only mode that appears on the screen, I suggest you to contact our Customer Support team so they can investigate further and get you back on track.

Keep me posted on the outcome my friend and I'll be around! Smiley Happy

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
77 REPLIES 77

@BostonTerrier It's great to see you in the Community! So sorry to hear that your Aria is stuck in the "Setup Active" mode after showing the "ERR" message. It seems that you have troubleshooted this issue properly by taking the batteries out. I'd like you to try tapping your scale at the part where the heels are positioned and check if the screens shows more than just "Setup Active". If that is the only mode that appears on the screen, I suggest you to contact our Customer Support team so they can investigate further and get you back on track.

Keep me posted on the outcome my friend and I'll be around! Smiley Happy

Best Answer

Thank you for your reply. It did eventually get out of "setup active" mode, but then it went right back to "sensing, thinking, err" when I tried to take a measurement. I wrote to Support and explained I've done all the steps, including removing the battery, waiting ten seconds, replacing the battery. I've put in fresh batteries. I have it on a level, hard surface.

They wrote back and told me to remove a battery, wait ten seconds, then reinsert the battery.

I've been very impressed with Fitbit Support in the past...not so much this time.

I take it back.

Marierenee from Support wrote me and they've elected to replace my scale. I asked if the problem might be that Comcast replaced my router with an 802.11ac router, and that might be why I had the problems, but she said it's defective and they are sending me a new one.

I'm dumbfounded at this level of service. Fitbit has ALWAYS been amazing, but this is way, way, WAY above and beyond anything I would have expected.

Go Fitbit!

I wanted to give one final update. I received my new scale today. I went to www.fitbit.com/start and did the whole setup from the beginning.

It worked on the very first try.

Thank you, Fitbit.

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer

@BostonTerrier I'm so glad to hear that you were sent a replacement unit and it works incredibly. Thanks for keeping the outcome posted here.

I'd like you to visit our "Discussions" board, where you can share your experiences, meet people and create new topics.

Hope to see you in the Community more often my friend! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

My ARIA is doing the same thing, although intermittently.  Sometimes it does it, and sometimes it does not.  Typically, it starts this "step on" "step off" stuff at night, and all of the "sensing" and "thinking". I've taken the batteries out, changed the batteries, set it up as new (it's about 2 years old) ... and it is doing this sooooooo much that it has now run down the batteries in less than 3 weeks.

I think it is an incompatibility between the hardware and the new apps, but I do not know how to update the Firmware, if that is possible.

I'm ready to throw it away and get something else.

Best Answer

@Mimier Thanks for joining us in this thread! Seems that you have tried the troubleshooting steps recommended for this. I would like to know if your Aria is placed on an even and flat surface and you're standing still on it when you weigh yourself. If so, my best advice is to contact our Customer Support team so they can investigate further and provide a solution for you.

Let me know how it goes my friend! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Was wondering if you fixed this or threw it away lol. I've been having the same issue. I'd hate to have to get rid of it for another brand.

Best Answer

@Flowerpetals It's great to see you in the Community! I would like to know if you are trying to setup a new scale or an existing one. Also, tell me if changes were made to your network such as router, password and network settings.

Looking forward to your response my friend! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

I was stuck in "Setup Active" mode for a while too and finally found a solution that worked! Hope it might help you too. I was only using my iPhone for setup but when I finally tried the Mac app, it worked like a charm and by the way it is much easier as there is no manual network switching involved; it's all handled automatically. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@JimHohl I'm so glad to hear that you were able to set up your Aria scale using your Mac app. Thanks for letting me know.

I'd like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you can share your experiences,meet people and create new topics.

Hope to see you in the Community more often! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

These are all bull**ahem** answers, the real reason it isn't working is because there is a bug with chrome related to cached pages and it returns "ERR_CACHE_MISS" when it tries to load the cached version of the setup page and fails to load it for you to finish the setup.

The easy solution is to do the setup with another browser that will properly load the cached setup page after you disconnect from your network and connect to Arias's network...I used dolphin and the setup worked...You could try firefox.

Best Answer

I have been trying since September to put in a new wifi password. I have followed the boards and have tried everything: 

-take out battery 15 min.

-tried dolphin and Firefox browsers

- restarted phone and iPad

-tried everything on both my ph and iPad

I just bought a new Charge 2 and tried everything again on 2/15/17 and then again today, 2/20/17, after I saw on a forum that a fix had been made on 2/17/17.

Still try again and setup active stays a while. What else can I do?

Best Answer

@Mimier, the exact same thing is happening here. I own two Arias, and one of them already had to be replaced. If the problem persists I will give Nokia Body Cardio scale a go.

Best Answer

These aria scales are defective.

The Nokia scale is a better product. I bought one it set up in 5 min

Best Answer

I read in another forum that if your wifi password has any symbols or characters in it, the Aria will not accept it and it will not tell you why.  It only accepts letters and number.  My wifi password has an ! and it won't connect for anything.

Best Answer

Thanks for adding this information. 

You'd think that fitbit would not require us to compromise our network security by using a weak password. Pretty sad that devs let this possible exploit exist. 

Best Answer

I have special characters in my password and it connected. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m having the same problem. I called customer service, but still couldn’t get the scale to connect. Did you get your to reconnect and if so what did you end up doing?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Never got it to work with current wifi because it requires a wifi whos password does not have special characters in it. So change your wifi password to just alpha numeric and that will fix it.
Best Answer
Hey thanks for responding. We’re not sure what happened, but my daughter
got it up and running. We are good to go!
--
Sent from Gmail Mobile
Best Answer