Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aria scale is stuck in "Setup Active"

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi, earlier I was stuck in "sensing, thinking, err" so I reset the whole thing, reconnected to wifi and everything, and now I'm stuck with the message "Setup Active" scrolling across the Aria. It will not shut off. I took the battery out and left it for 15 minutes, put it in again, and it's still scrolling. If I leave it all night it's going to run the batteries down completely.

I had put this on someone else's post about the sensing, thinking, err but thought it should have its own since it's really a different issue. Thank you for the help.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
77 REPLIES 77

My fix was. Returned the crap comcast wireless router and used my old one! Comcast is junk!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@RazzleTom Thank you for getting back and posting the update here. I appreciate your time with this.

Have you heard about our Discussions board? In this board, you'll be able to share your experiences, meet more people and create your own topics.

Don't hesitate to get back whenever you need help! Smiley Happy

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer

My batteries ran out, and when I replaced them, gave the error message that some of the individuals on this post have mentioned about Set up Active.  I took batteries out, placed the scale as close as I could to the Wifi, put the batteries back on, and it worked. It is worth a try

Best Answer

@gnesslar Welcome to our Fitbit forums! Thank you also for sharing the workaround that helped you to get this issue resolved! I'm pretty sure this will help other users that experience the same issue.

As I mentioned above, if you haven't visited our Discussions board, I invite you to check it out since you'll be able to tell your stories, meet people and start your own topics.

See you around! Smiley Happy

Best Answer

I just had this problem and you actually do have to wait 10 seconds with at least one battery removed. Once 10 seconds have passed ensure all 4 batteries are in, then put the scale on the floor, stand on it as normal, and wait for it to tell you to step off. It then will show your weight, body fat, user intials and finally sync to wifi. 

I first thought if I removed and replaced the batteries quickly the settings would remain intact, but doing this leads to the problems described in these posts!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Jkaramo Thanks for joining us in this thread! Thank you also for your input and sharing your feedback about this issue. Don't hesitate to get back if your scale experiences the same issue or you have any other questions.

See you around! Smiley Happy

Best Answer

Definitely helped to switch browsers on my MacBook Pro. Went from errors using Safari to getting it setup using Firefox. All better now!

Best Answer

@pchee I'm so glad to hear that your Aria scale is working properly now. Thank you for posting the update here and sharing the steps that you followed.

I'd like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you can share your experiences, meet people and create new topics.

Hope to see you in our Fitbit Community more often! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

it seems to be a wifi problem, i had the same problem when using my "new" wifi..

Best Answer
0 Votes
We’re fining out not to let the battery go dead before changing. That’s
what makes it difficult to complete.
--
Sent from Gmail Mobile
Best Answer
0 Votes

@dahl79 @Wackergirl Welcome to our Fitbit Community! I'm sorry to hear about the issues you've experienced with your Aria scales. Thank you so much for sharing your feedback and comments about this since this helps us to keep improving.

Don't hesitate to get back if you see anything unusual and I'll be happy to assist you.

See you guys around! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've been trying to do this on my iphone all day, and after reading your message, I tried it from my computer using Firefox - worked first time!  Thanks so much.

Best Answer
Good to hear. The next time don’t let the battle go dead. It shouldn’t be
as hard the next time.
--
Sent from Gmail Mobile
Best Answer
0 Votes

I don't think it matters whether the batteries are fully dead or not.  I had the same issue the last time I had to replace them.  When you take them out and put new one in, the scale has to go through Setup again, and it always seems to be a problem. 

I'm not sure if it was clear, but I was responding to the person who advised using a browser other than Chrome (or apparently, Safari on an Apple mobile device).  

The other issue I didn't address is that my first set of batteries lasted literally years, but the next set maybe 6 months?  This is because the scale keeps going into "Step On..." mode and won't quit until it actually logs a weight.  It sometimes does it all day long.  One might say, "so just step on...?", but I don't always notice it (sometimes simply walking past the scale triggers it).

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am curious. Did fitbit replace your Aria scale with the Aria or the Aria 2?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@lebrooks I'm sorry about the late response. However, I'd like to follow up and would like to know if your scale is working properly. Thank you by the way for sharing your feedback.

@Sanya77 Thank you for joining us in this thread! Your post caught my attention due to your previous post. Is your Aria scale experiencing any issue? If so, please provide more details about the issue and I'll be happy to follow up.

See you guys later! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes
No they did not.
--
Sent from Gmail Mobile
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Wackergirl I'm sorry to hear that your Aria is not under warranty. Your feedback is greatly appreciated.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Everything was remedied by bringing scale closer to my router/WiFi and
repeatedly trying.
So "no" new scale. Same scale. Still working. 👍👍
Best Answer
0 Votes
Oh mine is doing fine now.
--
Sent from Gmail Mobile