Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi password change

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
Recently I changed my wifi password. How do I sync the Aria with my network?
Best Answer
0 Votes
40 REPLIES 40

Hi Sushil

It's required to reconnect the Aria to the account using the new password for the wifi network.

Feel free to check  out the fitbit article:

http://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/I-ve-made-changes-to-my-network-How-do-I-reconnec...

Best Answer

@Sushil A warm welcome to our Fitbit Community! I would like to follow up and would like to know if you were able to connect your Aria by following the steps that my friend @SunsetRunner provided. If not let me know if you had issues connecting after putting the new password.

Looking forward to your response my friend! Smiley Happy

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have been trying, in vain, to reconnect my Aria scale after having changed my wifi password. After removing a battery for 10 seconds and then reinserting it, I get the initial display showing my network. When it says 'Tap to Change', I press down on the lower corners of my scale and it says 'Step On' EVERY time. I have spent way too much time trying to get it to say 'Setup Active'. I'm getting very frustrated....

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Foreverfitnow Thanks for joining us in this thread! I would like to know if you made sure that your password has letters and numbers only, without special characters. Also, is your Aria scale placed on an even and flat surface? Since this could be the cause of the issue.

Catch ya later my friend! Smiley Happy

Best Answer

I managed to change my wifi network by following the setup steps. I have successfully linked the new wifi network to my Aria, but at no point in the setup did it ask for the password of my new wifi network. Thus, the Aria is not connecting to the network when I step on it. What do I do? I've tried the set up numerous times but each time it says I have successfully linked the network but never asks for the password

Best Answer
0 Votes

@nhui Thanks for participating in the Community! Since you were able to link you network to your Aria, please try the setup process as advised in this thread, which includes a video as reference.

Keep me posted on the outcome my friend! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Did anyone get a resolution to this? I've got the exact same problem.

ive recently changed my wifi password, I've followed the instructions online, gone through the set up.

i take the batteries out for 10 seconds

i put them Back in

the set up screen doesn't appear, instead it tells me the wifi network it's connected to

say tap to change

i tap but then the screen goes off!

why is this process so difficult!

ive tried removing the batteries for longer, I've disconnected my wifi in an attempt for the scales to forget the device and nothing is working.

Best Answer

@Yecats1 I see that you just joined our Fitbit Community! So sorry to hear that your Aria scale is not connecting with your network after changing password. I want to know a couple of details: Did you also make other changes to your network such as network settings or router? Does your new password contain special characters? In the meantime, please try the setup instructions as advised in the video that contains this help article.

Let me know how it goes my friend! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes
All of your email is incorrect. Already tried to link you have sent me. I
had my scales set up to my wifi. We've changed providers and the scales
won't forget the old wifi and let me set up the new connection which means
nothing will sync with my app or watch!
Best Answer

@Yecats1 Thanks for getting back! Since you mentioned that you changed your Internet service provider, please make sure that your network is using the protocol 802.11b and the password for your WiFi is alphanumerical only, without special characters. If you need help in verifying the protocol, please get in touch with your Internet service provider so they can guide you and help you to get the protocol changed.

Once you have changed the protocol, try the setup process one more time.

Keep me posted on the outcome my friend! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes
I can't set it up though because my actual scales won't forget my old wifi.
Please can you advise how I just reset the entire thing?
Best Answer

@Yecats1 During the setup process, does your Aria show the old WiFi on the screen? If so, please tap your scale on the upper right sensor in order to change to the new WiFi.

Hope this helps you my friend! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hello. Yes my old wifi shows. I've tried several times to do what you
suggest to no avail. It just keeps turning off! I'm becoming increasingly
frustrated as I don't understand why it's this difficult to get your
products to work!
Best Answer

@Yecats1 It seems that you have tried all the possible workarounds for this issue. Due to this, I'll forward your case to our Support team so they can investigate further and provide a solution for you. You should receive an email from them soon.

Let me know if more questions arise my friend! Smiley Happy

Best Answer

Wait, no special characters? WHY?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@marmotilla It's good to see new faces in the Fitbit Forums! Regarding your question, since the Aria was the first scale designed by Fitbit, our developers made the Aria to connect with networks with alphanumerical passwords. However, sticking to the technology and developments through the years, the Aria 2 is able to connect with WiFi passwords that contain special characters.

I really appreciate your time and understanding with this. Thanks for your feedback also.

Let me know if more questions arise my friend! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the Aria 2 and wasn't able to connect it to my WiFi after changing the password (which has special characters). Then I took it to a different place with a password that doesn't have special characters and it worked , so I assumed that was the problem. 

But that wasn't the problem then? What is the problem?

Best Answer
The issue I had was that the first time I set up my aria it worked
perfectly. We changed wifi providers and the aria wouldn't forget my old
network. There's literally no way to re set the aria either. All
troubleshooting and you tube videos haven't helped solve the issue. Fitbit
have now closed the case because they don't know how to fix it. #helpful
Best Answer

I have the same exact problem. I changed wifi and now I can't get the Aria to forget the old wifi and connect to the new

Best Answer