Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi password change

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
Recently I changed my wifi password. How do I sync the Aria with my network?
Best Answer
0 Votes
40 REPLIES 40

I have exactly the same problem! So frustrated with it. This has been going on 5 minths now.

spent 1.5 hours on online chat, which got me know where... then the asvisor cut me off, so upset at going round and round with this!

Can anybody help me?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@marmotilla I'm glad to hear that you were able to set up your scale after changing the password. Regarding your inquiry, I think there was a little glitch in the system since the Aria 2 does accept special characters unless the password is more than 30 digits long.

@Yecats1 It's great to see you in the Fitbit forums and welcome aboard @dorazzle! I want to follow up on the connection issues you've experienced with your Aria scales. I would like to know what is the make and model of your new routers since this info will help me to assist you accordingly. In the meantime, make sure that your routers run the protocol 802.11b and bandwidth 2.4GHz. This info can be reviewed with your Internet service provider. Also, make sure that your WiFi password is alphanumerical only.

@Fleur100 I noticed that you joined our Fitbit forums recently. Welcome aboard! I want to follow up on your case as well and would like to know if the issue persists or if your Aria scale could be set up. By the way, I'm sorry to hear that the call got disconnected. However, I'll be happy to assist you and find a solution for you.

See you all later! Smiley Happy

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer

I too have spent nearly a year trying to get my scale to reconnect to my WiFi after a very simple password change.  It will not connect, no matter how many times I run through the steps.  I'm about to put this scale in the trash and start a major social media campaign about what a failure it is.

Additional information:  the scale will connect if I disable WPA2 and set my WiFi to use WPA.  WPA is a flawed protocol that introduces serious security issues on wireless LANs.  Please tell me there's a way to get this thing to use WPA2 instead of WPA.

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer
0 Votes

@hoppah I'm sorry to hear about the connectivity issues you've experienced with your Aria scale! Let me follow up on this and let me know if the issue persists or if your Aria scale could connect properly.

Looking forward to your response! Smiley Happy

Best Answer

The scale will connect but only via the outdated and insecure WPA protocol.  It will not connect using WPA2.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@hoppah Thank you for your feedback! As a matter of fact, the Aria scale does support WPA2 as described in this help article. The only detail is that it' the WiFi password should not contain special characters. Just numbers and letters.

Best Answer
If I set the router for WPA2 it won’t connect.  If I set it for WPA, it connects just fine.  The password has never contained anything but numbers and letters.  When set to WPA2, logs show the scale failing to respond to an EAPOL message:

Jul 13 12:37:32 pc-00249 *ap-name*: *Dot1x_NW_MsgTask_3: Jul 13 12:37:32.466: %DOT1X-4-MAX_EAPOL_KEY_RETRANS: 1x_ptsm.c:544 Max EAPOL-key M5 retransmissions exceeded for client *Arial_MAC_Address*

Definition for this error:

Error Message %DOT1X-4-MAX_EAPOL_KEY_RETRANS: Max EAPOL-key M[int] retransmissions exceeded for client [hex]:[hex]:[hex]:[hex]:[hex]:[hex]

Explanation Client authentication failed because the client did not respond to an EAPOL-key message.

Recommended Action Ensure that user credentials are correct on the client and on the AAA server.

As I said, the only change between success and failure is changing from WPA2 to WPA. 

J.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@hoppah Hmm, this seems pretty weird! What is the make and model of your router?

Best Answer

I am feeling your pain.  I hope I come across the answer soon

Best Answer
0 Votes

@lynnbaum Thank you for joining us in this thread! I would like to follow up on your case and would like to know if your Aria scale is unable to connect to your WiFi. If so, please let me know if it's showing any error message. Also, let me know if you have made changes to your network (router, router settings or WiFi password).

See you later! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Cisco WLC2504.

Best Answer
0 Votes

What I had to do is redownload the software.  I got it.  It did take some thinking but I got the "enter pass" through the download.  I could not get the app to ask me for the password.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@hoppah Thank you for getting back and providing the make and model of your router! Please try resetting your router. Once you've done this, try the setup process one more time.

@lynnbaum Thanks a lot for sharing the steps you followed and helped you to get your Aria scale connected again.

I'll be around if more assistance is needed guys! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Did not work....

Yes I need the same fix please

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer
0 Votes

Did you see my note about I had to download software update to get into the password

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Zoocrew26 Welcome to our Fitbit forums! I'll be happy to assist you with this issue. Please let me know what is the make and model of your router. Also, does your WiFi password contain special characters?

@lynnbaum Thanks a lot for your help! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

My "router" is a commercial class wireless controller, which runs 6 access points.  "Resetting" it has zero effect.  Did you see the log messages I posted?  The Aria will not communicate with this standards-based WiFi using WPA2.  It will only connect using WPA.

H.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@hoppah Thank you for getting back! Since the issue persists, let me go ahead and forward your case to our Support team so they can investigate further and provide a solution. You will receive an email from them soon.

Let me know if you have any doubts! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

My password as change on Wifi and I am trying to change my Aira 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Alexa-1941 Welcome to our Fitbit forums! I would like to follow up on the issue that you are experiencing with your Aria scale and provide a solution.

In order to avoid any misunderstanding on my end, please let me know if you get any error message. How many characters does your WiFi password contain?

In the meantime, please make sure that you are following the re-connection process as described in this help article.

Looking forward to your response! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes