Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't get my Aria into setup mode

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Im having trouble with my aria and I am trying to get it back into the setup mode by taking out one battery for 10 seconds but its still not going into setup mode. Does anyone know what to do?

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

pull all 4 batteries out leave out for about 1 minute then put them back in and try it

Craig Raper

Please remember to mark posts as solved if you got the answers you needed. If you didn't find them here please tell us what did work. Also please if you find posts and remarks helpful vote for them.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
61 REPLIES 61

pull all 4 batteries out leave out for about 1 minute then put them back in and try it

Craig Raper

Please remember to mark posts as solved if you got the answers you needed. If you didn't find them here please tell us what did work. Also please if you find posts and remarks helpful vote for them.

Best Answer

I was doing that over and over again and I still couldnt get it to display setup mode so I was reading through the posts and saw someone said when you take out the batteries and put them back in and it will say tap on the scale then you have to press hard on the scale for setup mode to come up.I dont remember who said that  but I thank them> I did find it in the directions just now how to do that. 😞  even though I got it to show up on fitbit it is still not showing up on myfitnesspal

Best Answer

This did not work for me. New Aria is still dead. Piece of junk that I need to return? How disappointing.

Best Answer

@lbrown1179  You made sure you downloaded the setup software installed it and then went through the process? . Just trying to follow all possibilities. I do know they have had some that had wireless issues and replaced them. Also please remember for initial setup you need to have the scale as close to the Wireless router as possible.

https://www.fitbit.com/setup/aria

Thanks Craig

Craig Raper

Best Answer

@carolfrflaDid you ever get it to sharing with MFP for you?

Craig Raper

Best Answer

@Craig, yes, I downloaded the software. The file is "FitbitScaleSetup_Mac_20121127_1.0.0.86.dmg".

I get through the process on my MacBook to the point where it instructs you to remove 1 battery, wait 10 seconds, replace the battery. The scale display stays off. 

Following other's tips, I pressed the reset button, repeated the battery process (taking all of them out) and waiting a full minute. Still no action on the display.

I was only 4 feet from the router, with the router on the desk, the scale on the hardwood floor (and once I tried it with the scale on my lap, only 18 inches from the router.)

Thanks,

Laurie

Best Answer

@lbrown1179   contact support http://contact.fitbit.com  see if you can get more help. great group

Craig Raper

Best Answer

Thanks, Craig. I have a ticket in since last night. No reply. Really surprised that they don't have phone support for an expensive product like this. I love my FitBit One, but this is giving the company a black eye. Too many people have had problems setting up their scales.

Best Answer

They will take care of it and have always survived with no phone support. Great techs can handle a lot more faster with emails than on the phone. You will never be treated any better by any one than this company even if you had one on one at home support.

Craig Raper

Best Answer

You might be right about returning the Aria Scale. I "think" it acheived setup on my husband's laptop so he might be set. On the other hand, I cannot get the scale to link to my desk top computer so that I can track my weight. The instructions say that we can track up to 8 people. Sure wish my Aria Scale would. Smiley Frustrated

Best Answer

I waited two days for support to respond and finally had to ask for help on my ticket through Face Book. I hated doing that, but ran out of optons. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi lbrown1179,

Did you get your issue solved? I just got my Aria yesterday and it has yet to turn on. I removed the battery tab - nothing. Removed all configurations of the batteries - nothing. Like yours, my display will not turn on. I was just wondering what you had to do and if you got it to turn on or if you had to return it.

Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same issue here.  Will not enter setup mode.  Waiting for support response by email

Best Answer

This didn't work for me.  I'm reading about all of these connection issues and I can't even get the scale on.  I've removed one battery & waited, I've removed all the batteries & waited. I've changed the batteries & done the above and back. Nothing.  When I put pressure on the corners, I do get an icon of a battery with a line through it.  I'm using all new batteries.  ?? Is this scale defective?  Should I return it?

I can't even get past the setup mode...connecting sounds like a nightmare. 

How do I know if my router supports "b"...its a cisco linksys wrt400n.?  yikes...so far this has been a bit much...

Best Answer
Support was no help. They shipped a replacement. In the meantime my wife found info in the Web that the small hole on the bottom is a reset. Put a pin in it and pushed, bingo - setup mode.
Best Answer
Hi Ron, thanks for the feedback. I tried the reset button, nothing.
I get a battery icon with a line through it...even though I've tried new batteries. I'm guessing this scale is defective.

Rhonda
Best Answer

Thanks carolfrfla....after about an hour of removing batteries, waiting and putting them back (very frustrated!!) I came across your advice here. I had to push down quite firmly on both corners when it said "Tap to change". It was then finally in Setup Mode and I was able to change my wifi network. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
My Aria said "Tap to change", I did but nothing! I did that I don't know how many times. Will NOT go into Setup Mode!!!! ARGGGGGGGGGHHH!
I think I have done everything including an email to support. Of course, I won't hear from them for a few days so in the meantime, I've had this scale for over a week now and can't get it into setup! Anyone have any suggestions?
Best Answer
Ok so here we are another week gone by and still can't get this thing going! Cust Support did respond with instructions that I have tried over and over. I couldn't believe when I finally received the SETUP ACTIVE and "SUCCESS" BUT, once again that is a far as I got. I have sent another email to support letting them know that I keep getting the "STEP ON" sensing but nothing happens. I started over again by removing the battery, pressing down on the lower part of the scale when in TAP mode got the SETUP ACTIVE mode again and this time it scrolled along the scale's screen for a good 3 to 5 minutes! Ha! Unbelievable! Ok so I thought let me step on since it gave me that option again. I did step on thinking maybe it will work....NOPE!
Best Answer
0 Votes