Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't get my Aria into setup mode

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Im having trouble with my aria and I am trying to get it back into the setup mode by taking out one battery for 10 seconds but its still not going into setup mode. Does anyone know what to do?

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
61 REPLIES 61

I have set up ecobee , hue light hubs, and alexas and this is a piece of junk.  It recommends using a pc on the network but does not supple the donggle. Tried with smart phone no good...

Best Answer

I have a potential fix!

I just bought an Aria 2 to replace and Aria that's just gone crazy and is chewing through batteries like mad. I could not get this to go into Setup mode. I did not see the Aria 2 network at all. I tried all of the advice on this forum to no avail. I tried doing the setup using the web based setup on a Windows 10 PC and an iPhone, I also tried the windows 10 application (that has some severe rendering issues that meant I could not even read what it wanted me to fill in.

I removed my old Aria from my profile just in case, turned off the 5Ghz Wifi and only left 2.4 Ghz active, pulled the batteries out and pressed the reset buttons many times. I tried all combinations of pressing corners, standing on it (it weighed me just fine).

I was about to box it up to take it back when I decided to try using the iPhone app to do the setup.

The iPhone app picked it up straight away and it was up and running in less than a minute.

I had a lot of trouble getting the previous Aria to work so I was prepared for some teething troubles but this was ridiculous in this day and age.

Really Fitbit, I'm looking at you! You need to get your act together, your setup is seriously unstable. Is this an Alpha release? It's not ready for release to your customers and does not cater for many reasonable use cases.

Best Answer

I'm glad I read as far down as I did.... your answer solved the cryptic puzzle known as Aria! It still took me a dozen tries, but I finally got it going again! And to think I went thru all this mess just to change my password on my home network! Thanks again.

Best Answer
0 Votes

We have a new router.  My scale would not reset to connect to the new router.   I found the small hole and pressed for a few moments and it worked!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@takuan88 It's great to see you in our Fitbit Community! I would like to follow up on the setup issue you are experiencing with your Aria scale. Does the issue persist or could the Aria be set up properly? Are you getting any error message?

@dancerp2112 @the_tremelman @jbella Thank you guys for joining this thread and our Fitbit Community! I really appreciate your feedback about the setup process and thank you so much for sharing the workaround that helped you to get this issue sorted out. Your feedback will be forwarded to our team since this helps us to keep improving.

@jbella I'm glad to hear that your scale worked properly after pressing the hole on the back of the scale. However, we don't recommend pushing this button many times since it may damage the scale. Besides this, I hope you enjoy your scale!

Don't hesitate to get back if more assistance is needed! Smiley Happy

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes
It's all good. Just went back followed the steps and got it working
Best Answer

I had a similarly frustrating experience. Could not make any sense of any instructions and became very irritated at the waste of my time (fiddling with batteries etc). Finally, I  connected to the scales using the FITBIT app on my Lumia 950. Worked in minutes.Why is this not explained on the box?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@takuan88 I'm so glad to hear that your Aria scale is working properly now. Thank you for posting the update here!

@KeithDud Thanks for joining us in this thread and our Fitbit Community! I'm also glad to hear that you resolved the setup issues that you experienced with your Aria scale. I really appreciate your feedback and comments. This info will be forwarded to our team since this helps us to keep improving.

Don't hesitate to get back if you need more help guys! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi I've tried this and I keep getting the www.fitbit.com/setup message. I don't know what else to do.  I've tried all the tricks on this thread.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Garciazi Welcome to the Fitbit forums! I want to follow up on the setup issue that you've experienced with your Aria scale. Does the issue persist or was your scale able to be set up properly. In the meantime, please make sure to follow the setup process that is advised in the video that contains this help article.

Looking forward to your response! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Really cant believe there is not a reset button on this. How can you sell it, etc if you cant remove your info? Have tried many times to add my account and never will connect. Going to buy a cheapo dumb-scale. At least it will work reliably.

It was the comcast b,g,n issue described here:

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Aria/Connectivity-difficulties-between-Aria-and-Comcast-Xfinity-rout...

After that, it works!

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer
0 Votes

@yticmic Welcome aboard! I'm sorry to hear that your Aria scale is not connecting to your network. I know that this is frustrating for you and I appreciate your feedback and comments about this issue.

Our team is looking into this and once there is a solution, they'll be happy to update the thread.

Thank you for your understanding and patience with this!

Best Answer
0 Votes

After removing the battery for 10 seconds, press the fitbit button on the bottom center of the scale.

Best Answer

@HMadbak Thank you for participating in our Fitbit Community! Thank you also for sharing the restart process.

As a side note, we don't recommend pushing the button that is on the bottom of the scale since pushing this button often may cause damage to the scale internally.

I'd like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you can share your experiences, meet people and create new topics.

Hope to see you in our Fitbit Community more often! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

This crap is really aggravating, I can not get it to work for anything. A simple switch on the device would be smart. Very poor design. If I can't get this working tomorrow you can have it back.

Best Answer

@birdman84 I see that you joined our Fitbit Community recently. Welcome aboard! I'm sorry to hear that your Aria scale is not working. I would like to turn that bad experience into a good experience.

Please let me know more details about the issue that your Aria is experiencing. Isn't it turning on when you step on it? Is it experiencing setup issue? Isn't it syncing your data?

In the meantime, please restart it by taking out the batteries for 15 seconds and put them back in.

Looking forward to your response! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’ve spent the last 3 hours trying to connection to my new WiFi location. I get to the “connecting...” screen, and the aria message says “connecting...” but after 5 min it says setup did not complete, and asks me to repeat the process.

ive now repeated it about 20 times, and I’m about to throw it in the trash. My WiFi router, phone and scales are all within 3 feet of each other. Why is this SO HARD?!?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I agree totally, the Fitbit range of products are nothing but overpriced rubbish.

Best Answer
0 Votes

None of the answers here helped me; not even the "best answer." One of the answers said to stick a pin into the hole in the back of the scale; do not do that. That is an air hole, not a reset hole. I know because I asked the customer service representative over the phone. So, here is my experience with this problem. I had changed my wifi password, and so the scale was disconnected. I wanted to re-connect it. I called the Fitbit customer service. The number is (877) 623-4997 in case you need it. They had me try multiple times to put the Aria scale into setup mode. It never worked. They told me that since I had bought the scale in 2016 and am outside of the 1 year warranty, Fitbit cannot send me a replacement scale. They recommended that I upgrade to the Aria 2 or Aria Air. I don't think I will be upgrading. The Aria was expensive enough, and for that price I would expect it to just work as it should. I am VERY upset with my Fitbit Aria purchase now. I don't think they will be getting anymore business from me.

Best Answer

Bought my new Aria yesterday, 2nd September 2020 and have spent two days trying to connect to wifi! Additionally, only the weight works, not any of the other stuff like BMI etc. Have read everything on the net and Youtube etc, but it would appear the Aria product is, not to put too fine a point on it, CRAP!

It would be nice if Fitbit actually bothered to respond on these issues with Aria, but sadly, that would appear not to be part of their customer service! The BIN looks like the best place for this product, and there I was thinking about purchasing the new Versa 3, errr that will not be happening now.

Best Answer