Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit band with medical alert symbol

I am a Type1 diabetic, and my doctor wants me to wear a medical alert identification at all times.  Big problem:  They're all UGLY!  I wish Fitbit would make and sell Fitbit bands that include the medical alert symbol.  Then we could "kill 2 birds with 1 stone!"
I wrote to Fitbit to make this request, and they suggested I come to a discussion board to see if others have the same wish.  I hope LOTS of you would be interested, and then maybe they'd do this for us!

Best Answer
104 REPLIES 104

It has been suggested. You can vote for it here

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Feature-Requests/Medical-Alert/idi-p/649084

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer

My brother was a type 1.  He had the braclet, and then get one around his neck.  One thing you can do if you have a iPhone, and have the latest iOS, and go to the health app and fill out the Medical ID Tab.  That way people can access that info, even if your phone is locked.  Anyone can click on the Emergency on the lock screen, and then the Medical ID is there too.  You can list your meds, medical condition, Emergency contact, etc.  It's a really nice feature they added on the new iOS.

John | Texas,USA | Surge | Aria | Blaze | Windows | iPhone | Always consult with a doctor regarding all medical issues. Keep active!!!
Best Answer

Hey there. I work for a company called Road ID and we make exactly what you want. We launched a line of Road ID for Fitbit products last summer: ID faceplates for the Fitbit Flex, Charge and Surge as well as a line of what we call "Badges", or some people call charms, that can be added to their Fitbit.

Links to the Faceplate catalog and Badges Catalog are below. Love to hear what you think.

All the best.

-pj

ID Faceplates: https://www.roadid.com/Common/Catalog.aspx?C=ForFitbit

Badges for Fitbit Flex: https://www.roadid.com/builder/Badge/Default.aspx?styleid=320

Badges for Fitbit Charge: https://www.roadid.com/builder/Badge/Default.aspx?styleid=321

Best Answer

I've been using Road Id for many, many years, so I'm a supporter of their products.  This said, I purchased the Road ID for the Fitbit Surge (Black Edition) back in February, and I have since concluded that this Road ID interferes with GPS reception on my Surge.  I rarely had a problem losing the GPS signal in my neighborhood before buying the Surge Road ID, but it has happened frequently since this purchase.  To avoid this problem, I try to remember to slide the Road ID around the band under my wrist near the clasp while on my powerwalks, and this normally takes care of the problem.  But when I don't remember to do that, I invariably have a problem losing the GPS tracking.  It happened again just this morning.  I started out on my walk, and after what I knew well was at least a mile, my Fitbit wasn't giving proper distance and pace indications.  I then noticed that I hadn't moved the Road ID band, which I did immediately.  When I returned home and synched the Fitbit, I saw on the map of my walk that the GPS tracking appeared to become accurate right about the point where I remembered repositioning the Road ID band.  Further, I did a shorter walk with my son later today without the Road ID band on the Surge, and upon synching again, I saw that the Fitbit tracked accurately for the entire walk.  So again, my experience is that the Road ID band for the Surge can interfere with the reception of GPS signals resulting in inaccurate readings on the Surge.

Best Answer
@WendyB - Thanks for the link. I voted for it.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Can you tell me if RoadID is planning to make a product to fit the FitBit Alta?  Thx, TB

Best Answer

In response to KPWJR's post above.... I have experienced this exact same problem. My Surge tracker worked great for a couple of months, but then I noticed that it was no longer tracking accurately. I must say that the Fitbit support folks have been amazingly responsive in helping me try to figure out this problem. And -- although I want to try the exact experiment you mention by having half of a walk with the RoadID in place and half with it off -- I am pretty sure I am experiencing the same thing that you have.

Best Answer
0 Votes
First steps
In had the same experience as Jeffl007. I am a cyclist and when using my Road ID, my Surge GPS is grossly inaccurate. A 25 mile ride may record 4 miles or 15 miles, and WAY off my actual route. I will exchange my Road ID for a wrist worn model.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I completely agree with you. I have epilepsy and that would really help me to have a medical id right on the fitbit band.

Best Answer
Blood thinners, heart stent, Fitbit with heart monitor. Waaaant!
Best Answer

I also need to wear a Medical Bracelet because of a Kidney Transplant to indicate that I am on immunosuppressants.

I also thought that medical bracelet were ugly too until I found this site.They have a huge selection of beautiful bracelet. https://www.laurenshope.com/

I was also wondering if Fitbit were making a Medical Bracelet version. I would really like to have one so I will gladly be voting for it.

Thank you for starting this discussion.

Cheers!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes, Lauren's Hope is a great site, and I wear one of their bracelets - buuut they don't have a Fitbit-friendly medical alert bracelet or attachment either. I sent them an email suggesting it, but have not yet got a reply.

There's a lot of cool Fitbit bling out there - you wouldn't think it would be that hard to find - but so far I've found nothing. First one to find or fabricate something WINS!

Good luck - good health!
Best Answer

@Those are really beautiful, @Maloma. @mizgriz, I recently discovered another option - a company that will laser engrave any Fitbit band. I chatted with their CS. The recommendation was when ordering, instruct them to engrave the medical alert symbol on the front of the band, then engrave your specific message on the back, which is smoother.  I plan to order from them this week and can let you know how it goes. It looks very promising. 

Here is the link to In a Flash Laser Engraving

Best Answer

I'm looking forward to hearing how you like your engraved band...

Best Answer
0 Votes

@mizgriz - I still have not heard from the online company so took my Alta band to a local company that offered laser engraving. The results were not good. This process does not add color. As a result, you cannot see the medic alert symbol on the front or the words on the inside of the band unless you move it around and get it in exactly the right light. In an emergency, I don't think it would be spotted. So I went ahead and ordered a bracelet from Lauren's Hope. I'm very happy with it. 

IMG_0008.JPGIMG_0009.JPG

Best Answer

I like it.  A Medic Alert symbol on the outside of the band.  And I suggest the ability to put a QR code with your medical info inside. Discreet, attractive and highly useful.

Best Answer
So how do we make it happen?

Many thanks for your support!
Best Answer
0 Votes
I saw there is a link to another page where you can vote for this. I voted and then forwarded the link to my friends so that they can vote too. HTTPS://community.fitbit.com/t5/feature-suggestions/medical-ID-wristbands/Idi-p/649084
Best Answer
0 Votes

https://www.roadid.com/c/forfitbit

this looks promising. i have a Sulfa alergy and have been searching....

Best Answer