Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit band with medical alert symbol

I am a Type1 diabetic, and my doctor wants me to wear a medical alert identification at all times.  Big problem:  They're all UGLY!  I wish Fitbit would make and sell Fitbit bands that include the medical alert symbol.  Then we could "kill 2 birds with 1 stone!"
I wrote to Fitbit to make this request, and they suggested I come to a discussion board to see if others have the same wish.  I hope LOTS of you would be interested, and then maybe they'd do this for us!

Best Answer
104 REPLIES 104

I think the badges are discontinued. I went looking for a medical alert one to go along with the information tag (which doesn't have a medical alert symbol) and I couldn't find one. Just random ones like marathon #s or cheesy stuff like "HOPE" but not medical alert symbols.

Best Answer
What size is ur fitbit they don't make the badges for the blaze or the surges. My email is ccs_christina@hotmail.com

Sent from my T-Mobile 4G LTE Device
Best Answer
It's a size small fitbit Charge 2.

Virus-free.
www.avg.com

<#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>
Best Answer
The medical alert Road ID bands I've bought are for the FitBit Flex and
Alta. The flex doesn't fit very well and slides around. I wasn't happy with
it. But the band for the Alta fits perfectly.
Best Answer

Check out myid square. They have really nice medical alert bands and they are qr/url enabled so that you can add all your medical information

Best Answer

That is a great idea!  I dislike having to wear two bands at one time. A medical symbol that flashes would be nice.that.  I also suggest a larger message that runs like a ticker tape.  Some of us can see the script on the Alta HR

They will come up with something, they’re very inventive!

Best Answer

Need this for my husband as well.  Please consider making fitbit band with medical alert symbol.

Best Answer

Y

Spoiler
Thanks for the feedback on that company. I was thinking of getting one for my fitbit but probably not now.
Best Answer

Until FitBit comes out with a dedicated strap, there are sliders available that  you can add to the strap of your FitBit like the ones by RoadID, 1BandID, or OneLife ID. 

Best Answer
Spoiler
I checked your site but you don't offer a Fitbit Alta medical band. Is there a medical alert thing that can slide on to the band? I wear a leather Fitbit Alta band.
Best Answer

I totally agree with everything you said they are very ugly and outdated.  I am allergic to Tetunus injection which is the first thing they want to give you when you go into A & E.   I am always getting injuries haha, skiing boating absailing under waterfalls.   I think this this a is a brilliant idea.   Please fitbit make it so!!!   The hospital always ask me and I'm quite sure it is on my records!!!  It is a life or death situation for a type 1 diabetic and I suppose it could be for me.    If we stayed at home and did nothing it may be safer! But, that is the point of Fitbit, get fitter an stay healthier so I suppose that says it all 🙂   Pic of a set of feathers stuck in my leg,  I managed to get most our by cutting the barbs off but one had to be cut out of the tendons on my leg.    Oops!Oops!Packing sail upPacking sail up

Best Answer

I was just suggesting the same thing since I wear my Fitbit I agree they need to make them.  I have Type 2 diabetes and even if they made a stamped clip to put in unused holes or the blank metal that straps on the arm band.  That would be amazing!!! Please Fitbit this would be a great seller!

Best Answer

@angelcake182 - that may be the best solution yet! It is specific, small but would still stand out. And it seems it would be easy to create at low cost. Even if it is simply the red symbol, I think it would be enough to have an emergency technician search for more info on a necklace or in the smart phone. 

I wear a midical alert necklace but would love the symbol on my Fitbit! Please post your suggestion to the Feature Suggestions forum where we may all vote for it. This is the way to bring an idea to Fitbit’s official attention. 

Best Answer

That sounds an excellent solution as we all like different straps and colours and it would have to be something not too cumbersome. 

Best Answer

Can the badges be added to the bew versa?

Best Answer
Check with RoadID.com

Sent from my T-Mobile 4G LTE Device
Best Answer

Thank you so much.

Best Answer

Hi @Sammie111.  My guess is that it would fit. But I was not able to find the measurement of the band in order to verify. Once the Versa is in the stores, you can measure the width of the band, then contact Road ID Customer Support  and ask them directly. 

Please let us know what you find. Many are interested. 

Best Answer

My husband has the same with Afib. I'm looking for a Fitbit that tracks his heart rate and can send a message to me that he is in Afib. 

Best Answer
Some smartphones have a feature that will notify contacts when someone needs help.  They also have key fobs with the same thing. Just can't remember what they are called.
Check Zulily.com 
Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer