Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbitting with "Man's Best Friend" (upload dog photos here)

ANSWERED

We live in "Steinbeck country" (Salinas Valley/Monterey County), named after the famous author John Steinbeck. And just as Steinbeck documented his journeys with his beloved dog in "Travels with Charlie", I'm going to photojournal in this thread my "Travels with Melody".

A lot has changed in Salinas since the days of Steinbeck. But some things haven't changed that much. Today we visited the childhood home of Steinbeck, which has been restored to its original beauty.

DSC_0045 resize.jpg

Down the street from the Steinbeck House is the Steinbeck Public Library, with a bronze statue of the author at the front entrance. I don't think Melody's ever seen a statue before. At first she was puzzled that he didn't greet her - or even flinch one little bit.DSC_0047 resize.jpg

Then she surprised me and became downright ornery!

DSC_0069 resize.jpg

So I took her back to to dog training school for some proper obedience training. Of course, she passed with flying colors.

DSC_0018 resize.jpg

Please share photos of your fitbitting friends here!

Best Answer
844 REPLIES 844

@rightdx Amazing! Such wonderful history and places. I love seeing Melody so happy running around and just having fun. Thank you so much for sharing this with all of us, it's really a treat reading your posts and looking at the pictures. 

Say hello to Melody for me, have a great day!  Smiley Very Happy

Melissa | Community Moderator, Fitbit

How are you fitbitting with your (pet) best friend? Show us!

Best Answer

It seems like you two had a blast! Keep the pictures coming Smiley Very Happy  Smiley Very Happy

Fitbit Community ModeratorHelena A. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was this helpful? Yay! If it was, please vote for it or mark this as a solution. Show us!

Best Answer

@rightdx  Thank you for sharing your amazing stories!  And for the History lessons as well Smiley Wink   

Fitbit Community ModeratorVivian | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did this help you? Help others by marking it as a solution! 🙂

Best Answer

This is my walking friend, Cindy. She's elderly, tiny, has breathing problems, and wants to stop and smell the "roses" every 10 seconds, lol. So my walks with her aren't exactly power-walks! But I love to see her so happy when we go out exploring.

Cindy_Dec2013.jpg

Best Answer

Aww, she's so cute @MisKate! Well, you are still walking and making those steps count so, you and Cindy are doing great!

Keep it up! Robot wink

Best Answer

11156328_10204866044585546_6497518787258344595_n.jpg 11074439_10204734310932287_237941356867746813_n.jpg 

My walking buddies are my Husband Brendan and our 6 month old puppy Archer. So far we've gone to two state parks and walk several trails. Archer is also my 3 yr olds best friend Smiley Very Happy

Best Answer

Beautiful @SammyRenae! Thank you for sharing the pictures, hopefully we can see more very soon. Smiley Very Happy

Does your husband use a Fitbit tracker as well?

Best Answer

They are all adorable @SammyRenae! It's always great to hear about families who are stepping together Cat Happy

Was this helpful? Yay! If it was, please vote for it or mark this as a solution. Show us!

Best Answer

thank you for starting this I have to take some pics of my baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Best Answer

@rightdx Awesome pictures and what a great camera too! I feel like I am watching through a window. 

Have you received the answer you were looking for? Choose the post as the best answer!

Hai ricevuto la risposta che stavi cercando? Accetta il post come soluzione!

¿Has recibido la respuesta que estabas buscando? ¡Acepta el post como solución!

Best Answer

I've floated this topic to the top, for increased visibility. Hopefully we can get some more responses in here!

Community Moderator - English/EspañolEmerson | Community Moderator - English/Español

I run all over SF. What's your story?

Best Answer

Very nice pictures, @SammyRenae! Cute and adorable. I wish I had a dog! Smiley Sad

I want to share with you a picture of my "dreamdog": 

alaskan malamute.png

I really like big and hairy dogs, this one is an Alaskan Malamute. Smiley Very Happy

Best Answer

thanks everyone, no my husband doesnt use one lol.  I would love to have that dream dog Karla 🙂

Best Answer

Right? Smiley Very Happy So cute! One day, I'll have it! Heart

Best Answer

I like your dreamdoggy @KarlaFitbit. They seem very calm and noble. Have you thought in a name for him/her?

Have you received the answer you were looking for? Choose the post as the best answer!

Best Answer

Good question, @EdsonFitbit. To be honest, I'm not quite sure yet. I just know that I would like a female dog and I'm thinking that I could name her "Ganesha" or "Kalisi", something like that. Smiley Tongue

Best Answer

Kalisi as in "Khaleesi Khal" a.k.a. Daenerys Targaryen mother of dragons??

Oh my, love the GoT reference Smiley Wink

Best Answer

Yup, @HelenaFitbit. I didn't like the series, but I did like that name. Smiley Tongue

Best Answer

Interesting names @KarlaFitbitCat Very Happy

Best Answer

Thanks, @EdsonFitbitSmiley Very Happy

Best Answer