Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbitting with "Man's Best Friend" (upload dog photos here)

ANSWERED

We live in "Steinbeck country" (Salinas Valley/Monterey County), named after the famous author John Steinbeck. And just as Steinbeck documented his journeys with his beloved dog in "Travels with Charlie", I'm going to photojournal in this thread my "Travels with Melody".

A lot has changed in Salinas since the days of Steinbeck. But some things haven't changed that much. Today we visited the childhood home of Steinbeck, which has been restored to its original beauty.

DSC_0045 resize.jpg

Down the street from the Steinbeck House is the Steinbeck Public Library, with a bronze statue of the author at the front entrance. I don't think Melody's ever seen a statue before. At first she was puzzled that he didn't greet her - or even flinch one little bit.DSC_0047 resize.jpg

Then she surprised me and became downright ornery!

DSC_0069 resize.jpg

So I took her back to to dog training school for some proper obedience training. Of course, she passed with flying colors.

DSC_0018 resize.jpg

Please share photos of your fitbitting friends here!

Best Answer
844 REPLIES 844

20161226_070431.jpg20161226_070841.jpg20161226_073049.jpg

My 'Boy' at Ruakaka Beach, Northland NZ at Christmas time, 2016

Best Answer

I am looking for people to 'come run with me and my Boy', and this looks like a great community to join!  check out my plan at http://www.andyetheregoi.com/2017/03/12/come-for-a-run-with-me/

Best Answer
0 Votes

What awesome Pics!

Thanks so much for Sharing

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer

This is great!!  I have been to Monterey!  LOVED it!!  it was 2011, I stayed with a friend up the road, I think the place is called 'Pacific Grove'... need to look that up tho!  I have to dash - gotta get ready for work!!!

Love the two dogs running together!!  Lucky Melody has a beagle buddy!!!  🙂 

Best Answer

Cali (left) pestering JayhawkCali (left) pestering Jayhawk

Happy Easter.

I was trying to spread some mulch this morning before company comes over and Jayhawk decided I should be playing fetch instead ... so he kept dropping his toy on top of my rake.  Cali came to the rescue, however, intervening with a spirited game of tug before Jayhawk could finish his second retrieve!

Scott | Baltimore MD

Charge 6; Inspire 3; Luxe; iPhone 13 Pro

Best Answer

@BaltoscottLooks  like they are having fun!

Community Council Member

Best Answer

This is Ben. He loves nothing more (well maybe food) than helping me get some more steps. IMG_0013.JPGIMG_0014.JPG

The only one you need to impress is yourself.
Best Answer

Ben sure looks happy to be out and about @RoaringRock.  

Scott | Baltimore MD

Best Answer

Thank you!

Best Answer

@RoaringRockBen looks like and Awesome Dog!

Community Council Member

Best Answer

I used my old Zip on my dogs collar but it fell off and I lost it. I got another zip for her but again, it fell off and I lost it. So this time I 3D printed a collar mount for the Zip. 

Works great! She can't loose it now. 

IMG_20170620_141829.jpg

Best Answer

Wow @aw9d!!! Cat Surprised You're brilliant, it was a great idea to print a 3D case for your dog! What's her name? I'm astonished for this idea! Cat Embarassed

Marlen S. | Community Moderator

What's for breakfast?Check others recipes and share yours!

Best Answer

This is our youngest dog Jetta (3 years old).  We have 4 dogs right now. More to come soon I hope. 

Best Answer

@aw9dWhat a great idea!

Community Council Member

Best Answer

Pretty neat zip holder @aw9d

Scott | Baltimore MD

Best Answer

That's an amazing piece of invention, @aw9d!

When I upgrade (as I inevitably will!), I'll hand over (paw over) my Zip to my walking pal.

3D printing is beyond me though, I'll probably cobble something together with elastic bands and bits of wood!

Ultimate Goal: Mens sana in corpore sano
Best Answer

@Dave001  Feel free to send me a private message and I can send you the file. There are plenty of online shops who will print this out for you. I'm not sure how much but I can't imagine it would cost that much.

Best Answer

Got out for a hike with Jayhawk on the last day of June yesterday.  At 95F, it was plenty hot, so you know where he wanted to be ...

IMG_1484.jpg

Scott | Baltimore MD

Best Answer

Nice picture @BaltoscottJayhawk looks so cute there! Heart

Lucy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you like my answer? Vote for it!

Best Answer

IMG_0269.JPG

Ultimate Goal: Mens sana in corpore sano
Best Answer