Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbitting with "Man's Best Friend" (upload dog photos here)

ANSWERED

We live in "Steinbeck country" (Salinas Valley/Monterey County), named after the famous author John Steinbeck. And just as Steinbeck documented his journeys with his beloved dog in "Travels with Charlie", I'm going to photojournal in this thread my "Travels with Melody".

A lot has changed in Salinas since the days of Steinbeck. But some things haven't changed that much. Today we visited the childhood home of Steinbeck, which has been restored to its original beauty.

DSC_0045 resize.jpg

Down the street from the Steinbeck House is the Steinbeck Public Library, with a bronze statue of the author at the front entrance. I don't think Melody's ever seen a statue before. At first she was puzzled that he didn't greet her - or even flinch one little bit.DSC_0047 resize.jpg

Then she surprised me and became downright ornery!

DSC_0069 resize.jpg

So I took her back to to dog training school for some proper obedience training. Of course, she passed with flying colors.

DSC_0018 resize.jpg

Please share photos of your fitbitting friends here!

Best Answer
844 REPLIES 844

Hahahaha, be careful, she might get a bit jealous. Robot wink As always, lovely pictures!

Melissa | Community Moderator, Fitbit

How are you fitbitting with your (pet) best friend? Show us!

Best Answer

Why had I not seen these photos? Smiley Surprised They are great!

Melody looks gorgeous as always, she travels more than I do Cat LOL

Fitbit Community ModeratorHelena A. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was this helpful? Yay! If it was, please vote for it or mark this as a solution. Show us!

Best Answer

The little white one is my usual fitbit buddy but the big boys are my back up dogs for when the other one gets tired!

(the smile is the victory of getting 3 dogs to sit at once)

IMG_0108.JPG

Best Answer

Awesome @paperfox! Are you training them?

Have you received the answer you were looking for? Choose the post as the best answer!

Hai ricevuto la risposta che stavi cercando? Accetta il post come soluzione!

¿Has recibido la respuesta que estabas buscando? ¡Acepta el post como solución!

Best Answer

Nice job!  The "little" one looks a lot like my Melody.  Thanks for posting!

Best Answer

Beautiful dogs @paperfox! That is indeed a victory since they look ready to go out and have fun.

Thank you for sharing your picture with us. Robot Very Happy

Best Answer

We've done a lot of training with them but when you have all 3 and a camera they get excited. Training is a never ending process so my boyfriend and I are always working on it - the moment you stop they get the upper hand, and hey outnumber us so we can't afford that!

The two big ones are fairly low energy so that helps - walk them more than a mile and you risk having to carry them home 😉

Best Answer

Hoping to do some hiking this memorial day! They are so ready to party!

Best Answer

That is awesome @paperfox! Take lots of pictures and share them here, it will be fun to see them in that adventure. Robot wink

Best Answer

I love reading this thread. Each dog is beautiful and some of them are bigger than others Heart

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

This is Louie!  Since we moved from the city to the country we both have gotten in the habit of not going for walks since he can roam the yard as he wants without a leash (he was an apartment dog before where we'd go for at least 2 walks a day).  But...since we've got a fit bit we've been walking daily again.  I think he gets more excited to be asked to go for a walk now than he does if you ask him if he wants to go for a ride in the car.  🙂

IMG_0041.JPG

Best Answer

@EmersonFitbitOMG what a cutie!

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer

Nice to meet you Louie and @robackr! Welcome to the Community! Keep on running! Cat Very Happy

Have you received the answer you were looking for? Choose the post as the best answer!

Best Answer

So Cute! Thank you for sharing this picture with all of us @robackr. I'll be waiting for more pictures Robot wink

Best Answer

More pictures please. More pictures! Smiley Very Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Great photos guys! Keep 'em coming!

Fitbit Community ModeratorHelena A. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was this helpful? Yay! If it was, please vote for it or mark this as a solution. Show us!

Best Answer

Went hiking with our favorite fitbitting buddies this weekend 🙂 we found a spare too since we had an empty seat in the puppy bus! Spotted one (their cousin, Rudy) wouldn't get in the woodsy glamor shot.

IMG_6069.JPG IMG_6080.JPG

Best Answer

Lovely pictures @paperfox! The first thing that came up to my mind was, is this the A-Team? Smiley Wink

Best Answer

Paperfox, I love your post.   It's great that you could bring the whole family!  I think you may be on to something with your "puppy bus".  I'm sure my Melody wishes she could have gone too.  Maybe you you could team up with "Greyhound" and start a business.

BgbvumlIUAA5Vsa[1].jpg

(Google photo)

Best Answer

Hahahaha that's awesome! Smiley LOL

Best Answer