Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbitting with "Man's Best Friend" (upload dog photos here)

ANSWERED

We live in "Steinbeck country" (Salinas Valley/Monterey County), named after the famous author John Steinbeck. And just as Steinbeck documented his journeys with his beloved dog in "Travels with Charlie", I'm going to photojournal in this thread my "Travels with Melody".

A lot has changed in Salinas since the days of Steinbeck. But some things haven't changed that much. Today we visited the childhood home of Steinbeck, which has been restored to its original beauty.

DSC_0045 resize.jpg

Down the street from the Steinbeck House is the Steinbeck Public Library, with a bronze statue of the author at the front entrance. I don't think Melody's ever seen a statue before. At first she was puzzled that he didn't greet her - or even flinch one little bit.DSC_0047 resize.jpg

Then she surprised me and became downright ornery!

DSC_0069 resize.jpg

So I took her back to to dog training school for some proper obedience training. Of course, she passed with flying colors.

DSC_0018 resize.jpg

Please share photos of your fitbitting friends here!

Best Answer
844 REPLIES 844

Today Melody and I went fitbitting on a beach in central California that's hard to get to, and we were the only ones around:

Miles to Conquer by David A Litman

It's a very clean, almost pristine beach, so when I saw this beer can washing up in the surf, I was a little upset, at first.  But when I looked closer, lo and behold, it was still sealed.  It wasn't just a beer can, it was a CAN OF BEER!  It was a hot day - so I don't know if it was a gift from the gods or just dumb luck, but it sure tasted great!  It reminded of that Corona commercial: "The Corona can always finds its beach":

https://www.popisms.com/TelevisionCommercial/124617/Commercial-for-Corona-Extra-2016.aspx

except this was a Modelo.

So here's a shout out to whoever lost their beer - THANKS - it wasn't wasted!

Best Answer

Wow! How lucky @rightdx! What an awesome finding for a hot day! Cat Wink

Lucy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you like my answer? Vote for it!

Best Answer

Beautiful dogs!

They are the best, and fun to train.

Enjoy!

Best Answer

Beautiful Pic!  That's great about the beer! Smiley Very Happy @rightdx

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer

hahaha @rightdx what a great story! Lucky you it was still good and tasty. Was it cold? Smiley Very Happy

I just wish things like that will happen to me someday, that's why we need to go out and walk our doggos, you never know what kind of luck you may have on your way! Smiley Very Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer

@SantiR@WendyB@LucyAP  Thanks, yes, the Pacific Ocean is in the 50's, so the beer was nice and cold!  We had a great day, can't wait to go back!

Best Answer

This is not my Dog. Where I go walking I see these people daily. We Chat and walk for a while. But when the Dog see me she Runs and pulls her mom to go faster cuz she knows she will get love Heart

But she is so cute and when we part she Kisses me and shakes my hand goodbye. Love her to pieces.

Meet Montana

montana.jpg

Community Council Member

Best Answer

IMG-20130526-01782.jpgIMG-20130526-01770.jpgThis is my boy, he's my baby and we walk miles together Heart

Allie
Best Answer

A little end of season snow storm is just another reason for a game of fetch/tug with Jayhawk (left) and Cali.

IMG_2945.jpg

Scott | Baltimore MD

Charge 6; Inspire 3; Luxe; iPhone 13 Pro

Best Answer

OMG @Baltoscott! They look so cute! Heart

Best Answer

Get it Cali! You go girl!

Community Council Member

Best Answer

Awesome pictures. Love seeing everywhere your dog goes with you. 

Best Answer

The term dogs are mans best friend rings so true after they pass away, I miss my dogDSC02570.jpgy dog every day 

Best Answer

Nothing better than going hiking with good dogs and good book.

20180418_114732.jpg

Best Answer

@Themotivator I'm so sorry to hear about your dog. They really are your Best friend. Certainly looks like an awesome friend you had

@Frisko: Looks like a great hiking place!

Community Council Member

Best Answer

@Themotivator I'm sorry to hear about your buddy! I'm sure he had an awesome time with you! Heart

@Frisko Beautiful place and awesome companion, what else can you ask for? Smiley Very Happy

Best Answer

Nothing better to recharge than hiking with a dog (where is Wally Frisko?)

20180516_133901.jpg

Best Answer

I see him! He is saying why you so slow? Come on! @Frisko

Community Council Member

Best Answer

Photo on 2-22-18 at 7.30 PM #3.jpeg

Android and iPhone 6s. Versa, Flex 2, and Zip
Best Answer

What a sweetie @SeleneD

Does it have a name?