• You park further away from the shops to gain extra steps

Moderator edit: format

~ Vicki ~
Fitbit One.
Melbourne, Australia
Best Answer
1,620 REPLIES 1,620

Vicki, you are so right.

If there is a 12 step program for addicts, I don't want to even know about it. This is one addiction that I pray will stay in my life forever.

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 9

Best Answer

Here is some I've been known to do. LOL

You walk around the swimming pool while watching your children swim instead of sitting.

You walk up and down the road in the dark to get your step goal in before bed.

You go walking even when it's raining and cold or windy in the middle of winter.

You know you are an addict, when even in your sleep you are thinking about walking.

31 KG's LOST as at 21st Feb 2014 . Do not return to owner it you find it.
Best Answer

Vicky LOL - I'm guilty of all 3 on your list.  Woman LOL

31 KG's LOST as at 21st Feb 2014 . Do not return to owner it you find it.
Best Answer

Haha Yes Hi my name is Vicki and I am a Fitbit Addict...... and proud!

• when you find a good hill, you walk up it, down it and back up it again to get a good stair count.
  • when you have to use an escalator you walk up it so you get the stair count for that too and get annoyed when people are standing there in your way and can't get past.
  • you walk around whilst talking to people and have them wonder if you're busting for the toilet.
    the first thing you check when going out is if you have your fitbit - before phone or purse.

Moderator edit: format. 

~ Vicki ~
Fitbit One.
Melbourne, Australia
Best Answer
Addiction! Real close!
Trying to get 3,000,000 by December 31, 2013. @ 13,000 steps a says...didn't make yesterday 13K feel bad this morning.
Best Answer

A 12 step program?  I think it is more like Fitbit has a 10,000 step program to becoming addicted.  Smiley Very Happy  I'm only up to 157 consecutive days of 10K or more but hope to keep the trend going for a long time yet.

Best Answer

CieCie, don't feel bad. You are moving and making positive changes in your life. If you didn't get to 13,000 steps yesterday, you'll make them up along the way. Never be hard on yourself because you don't want to feel so bad you don't want to get up and walk.

Remember, today is a new day.

Best Answer

Doug, that is excellent. Yes, you're hooked along with quite a few of us!

Best Answer

I too am an addict and trying to get everyone at work addicted as well.

Best Answer

You know you're an addict when you gave Fitbits to family members for their birthdays through the year!

Also, when I do forget my fitbit, or it is charging and not counting my steps, I console myself that I'm doing exercise that the little peice of plasic doesn't even know about. Ninja exercise!

Best Answer

Actually, I might be an "anti-addict"!  I wanted to do some tracking, but also wanted something I could just kind of "set an forget", and I could look at the data every so often.  I had a couple other trackers, and I had to remember to plug them into a USB port every day, and I often forgot.

When I found the Zip, and that it would wireless sync to a PC, I was sold.....

I'm a watch person (I use my watch for a kitchen timer, etc, even when I'm holding my smart phone in the other hand...).  I later bought a One, thinking it may replace my watch functions, but alas, I still needed a watch.  Plus there was that "recharge thing" meaning that I had to remember to plug it in to a USB port (see begining of my post.!)  I lost a few days because I forgot to charge it, and it didn't count anything!

I'm back to using a zip.  Now, my standard process is this, that when I get ready for bed, I take off my watch and clip my zip to it.  When I put on my watch in the morning, I clip on the zip.  And with a battery life of 3-4 months, I don't have to think about that or plugging into a USB port.  I don't think about the Zip, except when I clip/unclip it. (set and forget!).

But I DO look at the dashboard data every day if I can, and think "I need to do more tomorrow!" or " I earned a choclate chip cookie!"

Oh, wait, maybe I AM and addict!  I have a "standard process" and everything!

Best Answer

"the first thing you check when going out is if you have your fitbit - before phone or purse."

^I've added my FitBit to the "pocket pat" when I'm feeling for my keys/phone/wallet. 

Collin | Los Angeles, California

One, Charge HR, Aria - Android 5 (Moto X), Mac

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information. Help others while waiting for help!

Best Answer

You know you're an addict when even your doggie thinks you're crazy to go out AGAIN for a walk at night. Poor doggie, even in the rain, she just gets dragged along. (At least I bought her a rain coat so she could be my constant companion - rain or shine 😉

Best Answer

hahaha, Jomac, my pug would disown me if I made her go out for multipul walks unless I carried her. Then again, that's more of a workout, isn't it?

IMG_20130216_072932.jpg

Best Answer

I have had mine less than a week and already am addicted.  I run in place while watching TV to meet my step and activity goals and when I take the dog I'm taking care of for a walk, if she gets too tired or cold to keep walking I pick her up and carry her the rest of the way home (good thing she's a chihuahua). And the temps are in the single digits out and snowing most of the weekend and I'm still going outside to walk at least 3 times a day.

I have the Force and I pretty much wear it 24x7.  I love it because I work from home and it encourages me to get up and move around more than I typically would.  I love the motivation and wondering if I should try out the premium services or not.

Best Answer

Yep, you're all definitely addicted! But hey, it's a good thing.... right?
Mine stopped charging and was going flat within half an hour. I was getting worried. Got it replaced today and in the process lost 3 days of data but that's better than losing all my data - now that would be heartbreaking.

You know you're addicted to Fitbit when you're looking for higher things to climb as you don't know how you're going to get the next stair badge

~ Vicki ~
Fitbit One.
Melbourne, Australia
Best Answer

So is our online community a support group for technology addicted exercise freaks???? LOL (count me in!)

Best Answer

Hi

Am a 37 yr old Haematologist based in India 

Am now using the Blaze after a great 1 year plus run with the Surge .

I have lost 7 kilos (need to loose 2 kilos more) , feel in great /better shape now  .

I agree with all your points 

Its fun to be an fitbit addict

Also remember one thing never ever give up in life 

Dr.Gandhi
Best Answer

I must be an addict.  I do the same things.

Best Answer