• You sit down when recharging as you don't want to 'waste' any steps
  • You park further away from the shops to gain extra steps

Moderator edit: format

~ Vicki ~
Fitbit One.
Melbourne, Australia
Best Answer
1,620 REPLIES 1,620

Haha, I love the colour co-ordinating going on - that's brilliant! I have a 'one' so don't really have that luxury.

~ Gone are the days of carrying in 10 grocery bags at once because damned if I'm making another trip out to the car. Yes I'm carrying one bag at a time - what of it?

~ The hard part of being satisfied with a number, I'm at 17,500.... do I go for 18,000? I do at then think, but i'm so close to 20,000 so i should go for that. Get to 20,000 and my distance is 12.84km... that would really look good at 13kms..... Oh the dilemmas .

Ok... yes I take it way too far dont I? Woman Embarassed

~ Vicki ~
Fitbit One.
Melbourne, Australia
Best Answer

I just began using this yesterday and I cannot stop looking at what I have done and how far I have gone. I love this little gadget! This is really keeping me motivated. I began my weight loss journey on Monday 2/3/14 and already lost 1lb. If I keep this addiction up, I will be sexier than ever!

Best Answer

I got the extra Flex bands but really don't switch them around all that much. I want to keep some new.

It's nice seeing the people come to the forums and bubble over with enthusiasm for getting healthier and happier with their FitBit. Addicts like us need to spread the word.

My Flex keeps me moving.

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 9

Best Answer
Oh so get the getting to a "nice" round number thing Vicki!
And I'm diversifying - I do it on the treadmill now as well!
And realising at midnight that I was so close to a new badge - well that just does my head in! Ha ha!

Every journey starts with a single step
- or 10,000 if you own a fitbit!
Best Answer

yep...I identify with these scenarios, for sure! haha

Best Answer
step when your Fitbit is charging!!
Please Join Us in Facebook Rebounding Rocks !
Facebook Walking Rocks !
Facebook Running Rocks !
Best Answer
........When you have everyone at work watching your tracker trying to help you get in 10,000 steps, lol
Fit bit Force and absolutely love it,
Ar
Best Answer
When you just keep going after day's goals met because you love to see "OVER ACHIEVER" on your phone!!
Best Answer

When you sign into rehab just to get the extra 12 steps on your daily fitbit count.....

Best Answer

Step with my laptop on the kitchen counter and online playing Scrabble!

@V1CK1 wrote:
  • You pace the house to get to a particular figure before going to bed

Facebook Walking Rocks !
Facebook Running Rocks !
Best Answer

You step at the copy machine and your boss says - do you have to go to the bathroom and you say - I'm getting my steps real seriously LOL

@V1CK1 wrote:
  • You pace the house to get to a particular figure before going to bed

Facebook Walking Rocks !
Facebook Running Rocks !
Best Answer

You aks the young guy running on the tred mill next to you to clip on your fit bit so you can register his 10 miles plus your 2 miles. Ok I only did that once

Best Answer
Now that's hilarious!! Anything for your green!
Every journey starts with a single step
- or 10,000 if you own a fitbit!
Best Answer

No Way @RAC !!! LOL shame on you. Haha

~ Vicki ~
Fitbit One.
Melbourne, Australia
Best Answer

or you suspect your friend and competitor is  addicted and taking advantage when she put her flex on the cat's neck when she puts it out for the night to go mousing.

Best Answer
Wish I had thought of the cat trick. That is really stretching it.
Best Answer

I am on day #5 & have always complained about my husband's purchase of a gym size treadmill.  Me, I have always preferred an occasional walk outside.  Now with fitbit, I think that the treadmill is the best thing ever!  I could not have imagined that I would get on that thing anytime of the day but now am huffing & puffing on it at 10PM to get in my last steps for the day.  Thank you hubby! Woman Happy

Best Answer
But you can't always get outside because of the weather so I sometimes go to the fitness center and walk on the treadmill there. r/ Dr A
J. A. Anderson, Sr. PhD. USAF (Ret)
Best Answer

Well, I know I'm an addict and darn proud of it.  Everybody else thinks I'm crazy but what do they know!

I first want to actually thank Fitbit for making this product.  I have only tried the fitbit one.  I'm sold,  I don't think I will ever try another one.  I was never one to exercise until the fit bit.  I was hooked from day 1 with this 10,000 steps.  I started on June 1, 2013.  I can proudly say that I have not missed a day of 10,000 steps or better other than Christmas Day and New Years eve. and man did I feel guilty about that.   I have had many health issues, one being thyroid disease turning into thyroid cancer later (I'm fine)  Alot of people think that this does not affect your metabolism but I can tell you otherwise.  Between that and menapause OMG I was just gaining weight literally looking at food.  Anybody that knows me knows I do not eat alot!  Nothing was working until fitbit.  I sync it with my fitness pal app which I am just as addicted to as fit bit lol.  Most people would have lost at least 50 pounds on a 1200 calorie diet coupled with 10,000 to 20,000 steps a day but not me!  At first I was literally only losing about 1/8 of a pound a week but I kept telling myself.  Its ok it's about a lifestyle change, healthier heart etc etc.  I am proud to say I finally hit the 30 pound mark 8 months later.  I dont see me stopping this addiction ever! What really kept me going though was not the slow weight loss, it was the fact that I was able to quit taking my blood pressure and my cholesterol medicines quite early in the game!  I could go on all night about this addiction but I would like to just add one more thing.  TRAMPOLINE.  Yes I purchased an exercise trampoline at Gaiam.com after hearing about these being good for your lympmatic system.  I didn't do alot of research but I did hear this type of exercise started out in England and people here in the states had used it for Lymes disease.  Long story short your fitbit works with this trampoline and you don't have to walk outside in the rain!  Oh my, so now I am addicted to fitbit one, my fitness pal and this darn trampoline that I can't seem to get off of.  It is the most fun I have had with exercise and my average steps changed from 10,000 to approximately 18,000 a day!  But back to your topics yes I have done everything people have mentioned other than forgetting to look at it lol.  Today I thought this is great I have all my steps in by 2:00 pm.  I don't know what I was thinking because  I was back to jogging on that trampoline while watching TV at least 3 or 4 times after that up to 11:00 pm.  I do have drop foot and can't actually jog on the road so I was either walking or jogging in place.  Oh did i mention that I finally ruined mine by accidently leaving it attached to my clothes and throwing it int the washer only to panic and run back and get it.  I must have gotten a good one because I did this at least 6 times as well as jumping in a swimming pool with it on at least 10 times before it gave out.  i almost went into a panic when it died, it was about 10:00 pm and nothing was open but Walmart.  I had purchased my first one at fitbit directly but there was no way I was going to wait a week for another one.  My husband coudln't believe I was running to Walmart the minute it died and buying another one.  I was worried I wouldn't get credit for the rest of my steps for that day. Some of you might think I have taken it to the extreme while others might see yourself in the same light.  Yes I'm obviously addicted but hey seriously is this such a bad addiction?  I appologize if I have posted in the wrong area.  I have never posted and when I saw this I just couldn't resist.

Now...well help i've bought a fitbit, a trampoline and I can't stop.

Best Answer

Jules - what an amazing story. Loved to read it and seen much of myself in your story too. Crazy people might think you are but I say what a great way to be. Congratulations on your achievements and I'm sure there are many to come. Your family and husband should be incredibly proud of you. Awesome and inspiring.

31 KG's LOST as at 21st Feb 2014 . Do not return to owner it you find it.
Best Answer