Melbourne, Australia
Best Answer
1,620 REPLIES 1,620

Vicki

You are so right 

Its best addiction to have ......

23000 steps ....

God Ill be glad if I reach that some day 

I usually do 15 k and feel thrilled about it .

You are doing a good  job by being here in the group.

Dr.Gandhi
Best Answer

Thanks 🙂
That's a really good day for me. I don't generally get that much unless I go out of my way for it. Normal day to day activities have me at just over 10k

~ Vicki ~
Fitbit One.
Melbourne, Australia
Best Answer

I must admit since getting the flex I do tend to do a lot more I was surprised at how little exercise I was getting I find that if I don't score a high enough amount of steps I feel compelled to do more until it's at an acceptable level

Best Answer

It truly is amazing, once you are actually seeing results on your fitbit, that you keep pushing yourself harder and harder. 

Best Answer

I'm definitely becoming addicted.  Today my goal was 16,000 steps.  I hit it when I was in line at Costco.  My husband high-fived me.  I was so happy.  

Best Answer

Next time in Costco, if I see a couple dancing about and being happy, I'll know it's more than the frozen yogurt and hot dogs! Way to go, Susie!!!

Addicts unite!

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 9

Best Answer

When you just get home from the gym then you go home and make lunch and each the lunch while on your home treadmill to get more steps then take your dog for a walk to get even more steps 🙂

Best Answer

You know you're a fitbit addict when ...

You look at you're fitbit app more than you look at you're own facebook.

You feel extreme disappointment when the calories you have eaten exceeds the calories you have burnt.

You are happy to be at work because it involves a lot of walking and boosts your step count.

You keep running on the treadmill, even when you can't breathe, even when the lactic acid is burning your muscles, just to boost your statistics on dashboard.

I love fitbit.

I also wear the Nike+ Sports GPS watch. I love fitness equipment 🙂

Best Answer
  • you're work in an office environment and print a document to the printer furthest from your desk so you have an excuse to get those extra steps in.
  • It may be -20 and a blizzard outside, but your collegues spot you talking a walk around a nearby field because "it's friday and I only need 2,000 more to beat my friend"
Best Answer

We are normal. It's those others who have problems!

It takes more trips than usual to bring in the groceries, put them away and take out the recycling. More excuses to go back and forth about the house in the evening.

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 9

Best Answer

Megabird

Yes it inspires one who keep beating their own best and also work harder.

Its also a healthy way of competing with others.

I have really enjoyed it since the past 6 months.

Dr.Gandhi
Best Answer
My husband bought me a fitbit for Christmas and I am having a blast! Yesterday at work I ate my lunch quickly then walked and climbed some stairs intent on reaching my daily goal. This is a great addiction if you ask me!
Best Answer
Well I started this with other walkers!!
12/31/2013 is here. I reached my goal 3,000,000 steps so yes a good addiction
Walk-on. Walk-on. Will see you on the addiction road to happiness...
New Goal 4,000,000 2014 Happy New Walkin Year!
Best Answer

I am totally cracking up right now...everyone's input is soooo spot on!!!  (Spot on with my apparent FitBit addiction)!!!!!!  I do all of these things as well!!!!

Colleen - You mentioned your lunch...I was doing a similar thing today at breakfast.  I was walking around the kitchen eating my breakfast as my kids were sitting nicely at the table eating.  I thought to myself...I'm not setting a very good example (we usually all sit together at mealtimes)...however, I wanted to get some steps in!  hahahahaha....yep, I'm addicted!!!!

Best Answer

you know your are addict when for new years

you come home early

stand infront of the TV watching new year fire works walking fast in pace with weight's so you can get in extra miles for old year and start new year right

Kim C
Best Answer

I guess I am also and Addict, r/ Dr A

J. A. Anderson, Sr. PhD. USAF (Ret)
Best Answer

Good on you Carena  Smiley Happy I got my Flex for Christmas and am addicted I also have promoted it to friends I train with & family members cant turn my partner around though. Walked extra after my walk to get extra steps in really works love Love Love my flex.

Best Answer

LOL that's a good one. I've done something similar for the end of the month to get ahead of my competitors for the NO. 1 spot in our group for the month.

31 KG's LOST as at 21st Feb 2014 . Do not return to owner it you find it.
Best Answer

I actually now walk to various sections of the hospital that I work in ,using the stairs rather than using the escalator.

Also started bicycling after 20 years .

AM HAPPY THAT FITBIT HAS INSPIRED ME 

Dr.Gandhi
Best Answer

Been there, done most of the things that indicate an addiction!

One more to add:

Commute back home from work in the middle of the day, as you realize you've left your fitbit at home, and don't want to lose the whole day!

My wife and I have walked in weather conditions that have both of us saying "never would have done this before our fitbits."

A friend is someone who knows you, but likes you anyway.
Best Answer