• You park further away from the shops to gain extra steps

Moderator edit: format

~ Vicki ~
Fitbit One.
Melbourne, Australia
Best Answer
1,620 REPLIES 1,620

LOVE them all!!! I love how much these little gadgets inspire us 🙂
I went for a walk with the family the other day and had both cars parked at various locations as we were doing a big walk with kids. I left the keys for the car at the destination in the car left at starting point and realised 1.5km into our walk. It didn't bother me to turn around and walk back to retrieve keys as I was just thinking of the extra steps, prior to fitbit I would have just walked back to the car and given up and went home. 

~ Vicki ~
Fitbit One.
Melbourne, Australia
Best Answer

When you pace your house during commercials!

Best Answer

Your fitbit bracelet falls off (turns out while making beds); and you use your computer to track where it is by bringing the computer around the house to update within 15 feet of wherever it fell off... 🙂

Best Answer
You know you're a fitbit addict when you want to comment on most every post about how the Force band is terrible or the Aria wifi is junk with suggestions that the owners go back to pre-k for retraining in clasp fastening and then speak with their 12 year old on how or reset their router. 🙂
Best Answer
...as a side note, I nearly had to go back for clasp fastening class myself when I first got my force...but I make sure it's on nice and tight now...lol.
Best Answer
Ha ha!
Yes, I just wasn't paying attention when I clasped it. Lesson learnt!
Best Answer
Me too! Almost lost it taking off a coat on a plane...learned to make sure the ends were flat against each other right then and there. Lol! No problem ever since.
Best Answer

I wake up in the morning excited to start me day. It has been a slow start ,but thats ok I know that i am in this for the long hall. it has gotten me up and moving. I actually have more energy than I thought I would ever have. Just did my first workout for the year. Couldnt wait to come and post how i did. I have cut out one excersice that I used to love plate to mouth arm curls.  

Best Answer
  • You jog in place to reach your mileage goal
  • You log each and every detail in your food journal
  • You have mild separation anxiety when you have to take it off to charge

I received my fitbit force for Christmas and I've worn it everyday since. It's the best gift ever!

Best Answer
I can't stand it when it's on the charger. I got my flex for Christmas
I feel naked and lost when it's on the charger....
Best Answer

Oh no.....sounds like me!!!

Best Answer

I charge mine in the car whilst I'm driving and that way I cannot possibly lose any steps 🙂
also prevents those pesky cheating steps that get counted sometimes whilst driving as when it's charging it's not counting steps.

I've had mine on everyday except one day since May 26th 2013 - I check for it before even checking for my phone now.

~ Vicki ~
Fitbit One.
Melbourne, Australia
Best Answer

Love this thread.  I have had mine sine July 2013 and haven't gone a day without it.   Another thing I do it is take my FitBit off when I am riding on the tractor to cut the grass.  Yes, i know I could use the push mower, but that is just so boring.  I'd rather get it done and get to the gym.  Anyway, I have found due to the jiggling on the mower, it can count extra steps and I don't want any gimmes 🙂

Best Answer
I almost panicked the other day as I left the house and my force was charging, and I was only driving my daughter somewhere!!
Best Answer

-I had to charge mine today and was freaking out a little about losing like 8 steps to step around my desk from the charger and back. It actually crossed my mind to move my computer so I wouldn't lose the steps.

-I bounce in line at the grocery store and anytime I stand at home (keeps my muscles warm and gives me extra steps)

Best Answer

You know you are addicted when you wear your Force with your formal gown because you don't want to lose any step counts.

Best Answer

We stayed in (again) for our New Year's celebration and watched movies with the kiddos...I jogged in placed for at least 1/2 (okay...maybe more) of the Superman movie! I cannot tolerate the cold, but I still want to get my steps (and then some) in!  My husband says I'm nuts...I say he created this monster! LOL!

I have since started back to doing my TaeBo and cardi "dancing"! Man Tongue  Love my FitBit!

Best Answer

Love this.  I am brand new...only started yesterday.  I received my fitflex for Christmas and decided despite the very cold queens new york temperatures I am going to give away the hershey chocolate kisses and start working out again.  I can see how one can become addicted.  Hail, snow. sleet or rain....no excuses......I did not make 10,000 steps yesterday but I spent a lot of the day figuring the whole thing out...or at least trying to....today I am grabbing my kettlebells....Im bundling up and walking a little outside...today I am going to reach 10,000  woohoo...this is so much fun!!!!!

Best Answer

Donna - yes sometimes you just have to get your head around things and start to think completely different to what you used to. Excercise used to feel like the enemy to me, but know I've learnt that it is my friend. Depending on your weight, that 10,000 steps a day is something some need to work up to depending on their weight starting position and age. I'm now worked myself up to 25,000 steps a day (most days) but then I've gone a little crazy and am in training for a 1/2 marathon walk (with a little jogging - very little LOL). Would love to jog more but for me - my weight is still too high for too much of that just yet. Good luck - the power of positive thinking is a wonderful thing and seems you are on the right track. 

31 KG's LOST as at 21st Feb 2014 . Do not return to owner it you find it.
Best Answer