• You sit down when recharging as you don't want to 'waste' any steps
  • You park further away from the shops to gain extra steps

Moderator edit: format

~ Vicki ~
Fitbit One.
Melbourne, Australia
Best Answer
1,620 REPLIES 1,620
I love the sleep feature.  I am always curious in the morning to see how much sleep I got and what percentage.

Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE smartphone
Best Answer
I was stepping while I was cooking
Please Join Us in Facebook Rebounding Rocks !
Facebook Walking Rocks !
Facebook Running Rocks !
Best Answer

When you clean your fit bit with cotton ear buds so no moisture seeps in the flexband when u get it wet

cracks.Cat Frustrated

Best Answer
I find myself taking laundry from basement to third floor and back in small amounts rather than how much I can carry just so I can get more floors in.
Best Answer
I do the same thing jogger. Can't stand it when my friends pass me on stepping. Have a wonderful stepping day .👞.
Best Answer

I step while I blow-dry my hair, if there's a waiting room - I go outside and step.  I step when I'm reading a magazine and drinking a cup of coffee - I step at night for 5,000 miles with the Leslie Sansone walking tapes - guaranteed 5,000 right there in 45 minutes and it's easy!  Love my stepping!

Facebook Walking Rocks !
Facebook Running Rocks !
Best Answer

Addicts come in all shapes, sizes, fitness levels, agea and gender - but we are all proud of our addiction to FitBit!

You know you're addicted when you offer to drop your husband off at the door to the restaurant while you drive to the far end of the parking lot just so you have more distance to walk. And you do it in the snow and bitter wind without gloves! Then you walk back to the car and get those extra steps in.

Yes, we're addicted and we will always stick by our FitBits!

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer

I love it!!  I park at the very end of the parking lot - which I could show you guys how far I walk!

Facebook Walking Rocks !
Facebook Running Rocks !
Best Answer

Best Answer

Nice to know I'm not the only one.

Best Answer

Heeheehee plus if you park at the far end of the lot and it's incredibly cold you automatically haul butt to get to warmth. Then you get to see that happy high intensity on your dashboard.

Best Answer

When I'm heating up my lunch in the microwave at work, I do side-to-side stepping until my lunch is ready.   I do the same thing while cooking in the kitchen at home LOL.

Best Answer
Oh Cybertekkno - I was making a Thai coconut custard last night that required 15 minutes (!!!) of stirring so I high stepped in place the whole time. Ha ha but the custard came out great and I got way more steps in.
Best Answer

Thai coconut custard sounds delicious!  Yum......

Best Answer

@Ali wrote:
When you compete with yourself so hard you ache!! Been trying to better my daily flights of stairs all week. Went from 20 on Monday to over 130 Saturday!! My butt hurts.

Make sure you take calcium - I am very serious!  It helps immensely!  Been there done that.

Facebook Walking Rocks !
Facebook Running Rocks !
Best Answer
Sorry you are not quite where you want to be. Try using different goals, one would be your ideal goal and how you make it to 3,000,000 using a different tact than the previous date that was missed.

Break the remaining steps needed into smaller groups, so you can achieve your goal with an end date in aite. I am a firm believe in small steps. Reward yourself whenever it is possible.

Reward ideas
Walking date with friend at a new location...
Walk a different route than you normally follow.
Count smaller accomplishments as you walk.
Learn the roads in your area for distance. That way when you need 2,000 steps you know exactly where to get it.

Where is your support team? Family, Social Media? Doctor? Nurse or Practicing Physician. It is so valuable to have numerous support people on your team from different areas. That way, you know when you need additional support and the level in which will work best for you!

Be sure to. Ring a charged
Best Answer
You have your housecoat on ready for bed and then decide to do a Leslie Sansone tape and put on your tennies to get the extra steps
Facebook Walking Rocks !
Facebook Running Rocks !
Best Answer

your addicted when it annoys you so much when my flex isn't syncing correctly with time zones and you wake up to 16,000 steps already on todays totals (which is totally wrong) and your flex doesn't reset at midnight and sleep isn't logged and you feel so out of whack for the entire day that you feel totally LOST. Just spent considerable time working out in forums whats wrong with it. I see many complaining about sync issues and server problems - I'm so hoping tech get this sorted and will fix my issues also. 
Anyone with sore muscles - Can't recommend Magnesium enough - I now take 2 tablets a day. Fantastic.

31 KG's LOST as at 21st Feb 2014 . Do not return to owner it you find it.
Best Answer

There are alternatives to the premium service that don't cost you anything. The downside you don't get all of the features that come with the premium, however I can get all my raw data out of the website (daily totals like they allow you to export), the only exclusion (and bummer) you cannot get your intraday data which is what I want to see the most.

This is where I found the instructions on how to get data. I am exploring how to extract intra-day data and will come back with more when I have some details.

Using Google Docs to Extract Quantified Data From FitBit

http://quantifiedself.com/2013/02/how-to-download-fitbit-data-using-google-spreadsheets/

Best Answer

Everyone knows your an addict once you're rocking the fitbit tan line with pride!! Smiley Very Happy

Every journey starts with a single step
- or 10,000 if you own a fitbit!
Best Answer