• You sit down when recharging as you don't want to 'waste' any steps
  • You park further away from the shops to gain extra steps

Moderator edit: format

~ Vicki ~
Fitbit One.
Melbourne, Australia
Best Answer
1,620 REPLIES 1,620
Now I find I am addicted almost as much to the community discussions. Can't wait to see what brilliant ways folks are finding to get more steps, solve common problems or just give general encouragement. Love my Fitbit.
Best Answer

That's me alright!

Best Answer

You know you're addicted when... you do laps in your living room while watching your favorite sports team in order to set a new high for steps in a day.  guilty as charged

Best Answer

Addicts unite!

You volunteer to take the shopping cart to the cart return, even though it's windy and cold.

Your take your time putting up the groceries. One can at a time, one boxed item at a time and so on.

You walk the long way around the store to do your shopping and go to the checkout on the far side of the store.

You forget the way you used to combine tasks, just so you have an excuse to do more steps.

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 9

Best Answer
  • You decide to cruise the forums to look for suggestions on how to charge your battery without missing out on your steps
  • PACE, PACE, PACE!
  • You silently cheer when you're in public and your Flex vibrates to tell you that you've achieved your steps for the day
Best Answer
I charge my Fitbit every morning when I am in the bath. That way it is always charged and never needs to sit charging for two hours.
Best Answer

How about when you notice a friend on your list past you and you have to walk around the house to pass them back.

Best Answer

You know you're a Fitbit addict when you're disappointed when your 7-day total dips below 100,000 steps.

Best Answer

Loving all the new additions..... These are my newest ones:

• Your kids say to you "Muuuuuuum, why do we always have to park so far away from the shops?"

and

• You get annoyed when you're having an at home day and still trying to get your steps in and a visitor stops by for coffee and expects to sit there all day and you cannot stand there like a mad woman pacing in front of them
~ Vicki ~
Fitbit One.
Melbourne, Australia
Best Answer

Love your tag line!

Best Answer

...you keep purchasing $100+ devices after they "fall off your person" and lost forever.

Best Answer
I would figure out why they were falling off. would you purchase new shoes of you lost one? Do you buy more food when your out? Why would you buy more food you just flush it....... why buy shoes just go bare choir. The replacement of and thing depends upon the importance to the owner. As for me yes I would because of what it does for me.
Best Answer

@6kr    The subject of this thread is "You know you're a Fitbit addict when......"

- when you show family your new FitBit Flex and don't even think to show them your new earrings!

- when you volunteer to get anything left in the car when returning from the grocery store

- when you visit this forum to read the posts from others who share your addiction

Best Answer

lololo you are so right Odyssey.  I love it.  

You know you are addict when you will park your car a 1/2 mile from the store and

walk in the rain.  I did that yesterday.  My hubby could not beleave it. I dropped him

off at the door and parked the car.  It felt so good.  Had to go home and take a hot

shower.   

Keep on stepping.. have a wonderful weekend CA People in the rain or go to Tahoe

in the snow....

Best Answer

We let others say we're crazy, but we know the truth! It's this FitBit - it makes me do things like walking in the rain, sludging through the ice and snow and taking longer to shop in the grocery store - where we hold on to the cart with one hand so we get more steps counted.

Best Answer

Oh wow....it's comforting to know that I'm not the only one obsessing over my Fitbit....

You know your addicted when your buying a new wardrobe to compliment the slate color....sheesh

You know your addicted when your parking down the street when you have a driveway.....

You know your addicted when your purposely leaving things upstairs to have to run up and down the steps

Ooooh I got it bad Smiley Embarassed

@V1CK1 wrote:
  • You pace the house to get to a particular figure before going to bed
  • You sit down when recharging as you don't want to 'waste' any steps
  • You park further away from the shops to gain extra steps

Maine$$
Best Answer

Yes, Maine-oolah has it bad! You know, this is one addiction that is harmless and quite healthy!

I have nothing that goes with my tangerine band. Hmmm......might be time to switch back to the slate.

Best Answer

Haha, I love the colour co-ordinating going on - that's brilliant! I have a 'one' so don't really have that luxury.

~ Gone are the days of carrying in 10 grocery bags at once because damned if I'm making another trip out to the car. Yes I'm carrying one bag at a time - what of it?

~ The hard part of being satisfied with a number, I'm at 17,500.... do I go for 18,000? I do at then think, but i'm so close to 20,000 so i should go for that. Get to 20,000 and my distance is 12.84km... that would really look good at 13kms..... Oh the dilemmas .

Ok... yes I take it way too far dont I? Woman Embarassed

~ Vicki ~
Fitbit One.
Melbourne, Australia
Best Answer