Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A little bit disappointed with Fitbit smartwatch features

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Originally I was going to post this as a review on BestBuy website but i decided against it because I like fitbit and I feel uneasy to leave bad reviews for awesome company. Instead I decided to post this here in hope that Fitbit can read this and perhaps update us on feature plans with Blaze. 

I am long time Fitbit user. I do like Fitbit products and I think Fitbit is a great company with awesome customer service. I was excited about owning Blaze because I could get everything what Fitbit HR offers with addition of phone notifications in attractive packaging.

However my feelings are mixed now once I got Blaze. First Blaze is large but rather attactive looking device.It would be impossible for someone not to notice it on your hand! It really covers good chunk of wrist. The screen is nice and bright with vibrant colors. I have read that the screen is made of Corning Gorilla Glass 3 so it should be scratched resistant. I do get all features of Charge HR plus personal trainer (with FitStar membership at very reasonable $50CAN a year)  and selection of individual workouts for better, more accurate tracking. 

So up to now everything is AWESOME

Now the phone "smartwatch features". Long story short they are dissapointing. 

I understand that Blaze is not positioned as direct competition to other smartwatches like Apple or Androidwear and frankly I do not need apps on my watch however I think it is not too much to ask to get all notifications.

So right now you can get notifications from one (1) app, so if you use both Whatsupp and text messages than you are out of luck because you can only receive messages from one of them. popular messaging apps like Blackberry Messanger (100 million downloads on Google Play) are not supported at all which is another disappointment.

I can get calendar notifications but i cannot receive email notifications. So current options defeated reason of upgrading to Blaze.

Blaze should get email ,phone,text (all major apps),calendar and perhaps (but not necessary at least for me). major social media notifications to be truly useful. Otherwise you are end up going to your phone to check messages most of the time. So why do i need Blaze smartphone features for then.

I know Fitbit blaze is not expensive for "smartwatch" but frankly I would rather pay extra money for the device and actually get everything what is really needed to replace other smartwatches and get the best fitness tracker on the planet. 

Best Answer
46 REPLIES 46

The Blaze shouts "cheap" to me and not in the same league as the Surge for build quality.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Rich_Laue wrote:

FWIW on Android there is an app called BitTicker that will send email to the Blaze. 

Do you know whether BitTicker works with Message+ ?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes it should work with it. There are many apps available there. Even blackberry hub for priv
Best Answer
0 Votes

Do you enjoy the stupid charging?!!?!?! Me not! returned it

Best Answer
0 Votes
What do you mean ?
Best Answer
0 Votes
No problem with charging here
Best Answer

@SunsetRunner Things need to be charged. Please tell us what the problem is

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer
0 Votes
And you have to take it apart and then put it back in the frame every charge, right?!
Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes you have to but blaze looks very nice. I am keeping mine. I like it a lot actually. Looks so much nicer than anything out there, the plus of switching frames is that you can have couple of them. Say something for exercise or leather for evening dress etc. It is very easy to switch actually. I think this is cool idea
Best Answer
0 Votes
That's the only use I can think of.
But overall, that stupid charger is an amazingly cumbersome idea, and the person who approved it on FitBit should go home, it's ridiculous and turns of a lot of potential users away from it.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes I agree fitbit should use same idea as on fitbit charge hr. Still I am keeping mine because I like it and the price is really good too
Best Answer
0 Votes
Also keep in mind that blaze does not need to be recharged like apple or google watches on daily basis.
Best Answer
0 Votes
From my experience every 3.5 days. And the Blaze hardware quality doesn't even come close to Apple Watch.
Most FitBit products I owned would last 6-9 months, you get a replacement and use it for few more months then switch to the newest gear. It's a year long investment no more than that.
The ever changing charging solutions FitBit keeps introducing is hurting it, and the Blaze set a new record in the most uncomfortable charging in the market
Best Answer
0 Votes
Apple watch lasts for a day, it costs 3x as much and only works with apple. Also frankly speaking apple watch is ugly. This is perhaps the most barring design in recent years. I think blaze looks so much more slick with sharp edges than apple watch.
Best Answer

I think the Alta charging looks weven more bizzare than the Blaze.  I don't mind taking it out and that is for one simple reason....you have to pop the tracker out to change bands.  So Fitbit did a good thing in terms of giving us a fitness watch with interchangeable bands, just through a pretty simple popping in and out of a frame.  I switch frames 2 times a day, I sleep in the regular band and wear the leather during the day.  So if I am popping it in and out why not have it charge while out of the frame.

I get that it is personal preference, and some will be okay with it (like me) and other will not.  I actually like it better than the charging of the Charge HR.  The HR charging popped off the cord too easily and you might not notice and assume it is charging.

As far as saying fitbit products only last 6-9 months, I am not sure how you are using your to only get that usage.  I had the Flex for 10 months and it worked perfectly until I switched to the ChargeHR.  I have had my ChargeHR for 16 months and still use it and it works like it did upon arrival on day 1.  I have 2 coworkers who have been using their One for over 2 years and still use it daily.

For me it is a one year product only because I want the newer product....but saying they only last 6-9 months seems like a broad generalization that is not true for most.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Bitek wrote:
Apple watch lasts for a day, it costs 3x as much and only works with apple. Also frankly speaking apple watch is ugly. This is perhaps the most barring design in recent years. I think blaze looks so much more slick with sharp edges than apple watch.

I totally agree about looks, everytime I see the apple watch I think it looks horrible, especially with the rubber band.  I think the Blaze frame does make it look look more sleek.  And holy cow, I did not know you had to charge that thing daily....no thanks.

Best Answer
0 Votes
One thing I find bizzare about apple watch is the fact that for a company that takes pride in making as thin products as possible apple watch is extraordinary bulky. Blaze is so much more thinner.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Apple Watch is not so noticeable and it costs $100 more not x3.
It's hardware and feature set is FAR superior to any Fitbit
Best Answer
0 Votes
Try to pair apple watch with Android or Windows phone...
Best Answer
0 Votes
In Canada fitbit blaze costs $250 and apple watch $450. Perhaps it is not 3x as much but all watch is pretty much double the price. I am more than happy with blaze which actually looks better than apple watch.
Best Answer
0 Votes