Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A little bit disappointed with Fitbit smartwatch features

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Originally I was going to post this as a review on BestBuy website but i decided against it because I like fitbit and I feel uneasy to leave bad reviews for awesome company. Instead I decided to post this here in hope that Fitbit can read this and perhaps update us on feature plans with Blaze. 

I am long time Fitbit user. I do like Fitbit products and I think Fitbit is a great company with awesome customer service. I was excited about owning Blaze because I could get everything what Fitbit HR offers with addition of phone notifications in attractive packaging.

However my feelings are mixed now once I got Blaze. First Blaze is large but rather attactive looking device.It would be impossible for someone not to notice it on your hand! It really covers good chunk of wrist. The screen is nice and bright with vibrant colors. I have read that the screen is made of Corning Gorilla Glass 3 so it should be scratched resistant. I do get all features of Charge HR plus personal trainer (with FitStar membership at very reasonable $50CAN a year)  and selection of individual workouts for better, more accurate tracking. 

So up to now everything is AWESOME

Now the phone "smartwatch features". Long story short they are dissapointing. 

I understand that Blaze is not positioned as direct competition to other smartwatches like Apple or Androidwear and frankly I do not need apps on my watch however I think it is not too much to ask to get all notifications.

So right now you can get notifications from one (1) app, so if you use both Whatsupp and text messages than you are out of luck because you can only receive messages from one of them. popular messaging apps like Blackberry Messanger (100 million downloads on Google Play) are not supported at all which is another disappointment.

I can get calendar notifications but i cannot receive email notifications. So current options defeated reason of upgrading to Blaze.

Blaze should get email ,phone,text (all major apps),calendar and perhaps (but not necessary at least for me). major social media notifications to be truly useful. Otherwise you are end up going to your phone to check messages most of the time. So why do i need Blaze smartphone features for then.

I know Fitbit blaze is not expensive for "smartwatch" but frankly I would rather pay extra money for the device and actually get everything what is really needed to replace other smartwatches and get the best fitness tracker on the planet. 

Best Answer
46 REPLIES 46
Apple Watch is 2 more mm thick. It's not noticeable and it is 5 times smarter and more responsive than the blaze.
Best Answer
0 Votes
And battery last 1 day. my blackberry priv thinks it is stupid because apple watch does not want to communicate with it. On the other hand "stupid" blaze is doing this in no time....
Best Answer
It's like comparing Tesla to Prius. Yes Prius lasts many more miles between charges but Tesla experience is just a bit better
Best Answer

it is appleas and oranges.

As an earlier post mentioned.....Apple is a smartwacth with a few fitness functions.

Blaze is a fitness band packaged to look more sleek like a smart watch.  Fitbit has never called the blaze a "smartwatch" (at least that I am aware of).

I don't need apps on my wrist, I just want my tracker to have a couple of little bells and whistles, and not look like a piece of rubber on my wrist like the Charge HR.  Comparing the Apple and the Blaze is really not fair to either.  

Even if I wanted a smartwatch, charging EVERY DAY is kind of a deal breaker.

Best Answer
The charging feature is fine. You pop it out and put it in the case and close it. It's much better than the Charge HR. I always felt like I was going to break my Charge HR while trying to connect it to the charger. Plus they give you a longer USB cord. I've lost my Charge and Charge HR USB cord I don't know how many times because it is too small. I'm not worried about losing my Blaze charger!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
Tesla looks better than prius but apple watch does not look better than blaze. As I wrote before apple watch is exceptionally average looking smart watch. Fitbit tool design risks with blaze which I like myself
Best Answer
0 Votes
Update; I've been using my new blaze for last two-three weeks and I like it a lot now.

1. As somebody suggested I bought app called bitticker notifications. Now I get all notifications on my blaze. (What's up , bbm , text messages).

2. I do get 5 day battery life with daily sinc option disabled

I feel fitbit should offer bitticker notification features out of the box.

I know bitticker does not work with charge hr anymore because fitbit latest update disabled bitticker for hr.

Blaze look good on my wrist and it really does have everything I want from "smartwatch".

Best Answer
0 Votes