Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Allow Blaze to Ignore Android Do Not Disturb

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

One of the reasons I was excited to get my Blaze was that it receives phone notifications, and I thought "great, now I can get a discreet buzz on my wrist when something happens on my phone when it is silenced."  Unfortunately, the tracker is set to stop receiving notifications when the phone is Silenced (as Do Not Disturb is the only Silence function on all Android phones of which I'm aware). So basically, I can have my phone AND my Blaze go off, or I can have neither of them go off, but I can't have the Blaze go by itself.  

So my suggestion is: Include a toggle in Settings that allows me to tell my Blaze to either respect or ignore the phone's Do Not Disturb mode. 

Best Answer
4 REPLIES 4

@BrinyaPolywog, I moved this to the Blaze Help Forum, since it is specific to the Blaze and not the Fitbit App.

Best Answer

Hi, @BrinyaPolywog, unfortunately for you there were large numbers of people begging Fitbit to make sure that their Fitbits respected their phone's Do Not Disturb settings so that feature was especially implemented...

As a Windows Phone user (and one who hates Android!) I suggest you urge Google to make the sensible distinction between "silenced" and "do not disturb" (or, as they call it in Windows, "quiet hours") 😜

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

Best Answer

May be possible to contact google and request a feature to be able to exclude apps when 'do not disturb' is turned on. Cat Embarassed

Happy Holidays & A New Year filled with Love & Joy.

Christmas

Best Answer
0 Votes

Latest android.

Settings.

Apps and notifications.

App info

Select Fitbit.

App notifications.

Override do not disturb.

Best Answer
0 Votes