Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another Blaze Under Counting Steps

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have had my blaze for several months now.  Like others I have noticed that it is not counting steps properly, but only on the elliptical.  It is calibrated to my stride.  I believe that is to calculate distance anyway...correct?

Most of my activity is on the elliptical.  I would say the elliptical is pretty accurate in knowing how may total strides I have taken.  Would 1 stride be 1 step?  I ask because today I was moving pretty fast on the machine.  Just over 30min and I had 8,003 strides per the machine and 3.01 miles.  My Charge showed me only 1,897 steps and 0.97 miles.  I can understand that the mileage would be off because the elliptical may not match my actual stride.  Steps off by a factor of more than 4...really?

I have noticed this for a while and not put too much thought into it until now.  Today, I placed my phone in view during the workout to watch my dashboard.  There were times, when every stride counted 1 step; however, most of the time I would count 4-5 strides in my head and only see the dashboad increase by 1 step...Now I am scratching my head.  

It seems like by Charge HR was MUCH closer to the results the elliptical machine was giving me.  Not the same, but pretty close.

Any ideas?

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2
Put in your pocket while on elliptical? Go back to Charge HR?

Aria, Fitbit MobileTrack on iOS. Previous: Flex, Force, Surge, Blaze

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @JeffSims welcome to the Fitbit Community! your tracker is designed to read your step activity during your day combining your exercise while your body is in motion. With the elliptical machine despite you are moving your body, it doesn't involve a direct impact on going forward as you do while you're walking. So the accuracy of this activities it may less that a normal walk. @bbarrera thanks for stoping by! 

Let me know if you have any questions. 

Retired ModeratorAngela | Community Moderator

It is health that is real wealth and not pieces of silver and gold! Share your story!

Best Answer
0 Votes