Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are Third Party Fitbit Blaze Bands OK?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

On Amazon, there is actually already an assortment of Fitbit Blaze bands and frames that are not Fitbit designed. While, I am actually interested in some of them, it concerns me because I was under the impression that Fitbit had not released any safeguards for third party bands, and may even be discouraging them. My question: Should I avoid third-party bands for now, or are they ok?

Best Answer
0 Votes
31 REPLIES 31

@gherman22 wrote:

Appreciate the scare tactics.

@gherman22 The point of @AngelaMa's post was not to scare, just to inform. You can use third party frames or bands, as long as you're aware of how that affects the warranty. We can't replace things that aren't from us. Robot wink

Andrew | Community Moderator, Fitbit

What motivates you?

Best Answer

Ok, so I get not using third party bands or frames and I'm loathe to do so anyway in the interest of maintaining my warranty however, Fitbit just released a new Gunmetal frame and the only way to get one (which would be highly desirable) is to buy a new Fitbit Blaze.  For us early adopters (those of us that threw our support behind the new product right away), it's a little disheartening to find that the people that didn't jump on board immediately have the option to get something better than we were able to get.  Doesn't seem fair somehow.   😞

Best Answer
0 Votes

I guess the lesson here is: Don't be the first one on the Bandwagon or you'll get shorted.  Again I say 😞

Best Answer
0 Votes

I would not pay the money that Fitbit wants for the Gunmetal anyway since you can get essentially the same thing for 1/5th the price through a third party right now.  I have 4 bands and 4 frames, all from third party companies, Amazon and Ebay, and all fit perfectly with no issues, and none were over $20.

Best Answer

I have this band and really like how it works and feels. 

Fitbit Blaze Accessories Band Large, UMTele Rugged Metal Frame Housing with Magnet Lock Milanese Loop Stainless Steel Bracelet Strap Band for Fitbit Blaze Smart Fitness Watch Silver

Best Answer
0 Votes

Fitbit has the ability to offer black frames/housings/brackets to thier customers (or any other color that they would like to offer)--without gouging them.  I'm sure that they get their frames ordered from the same source that makes their device product--again look on the box to see where it is manufactured.

Fitbit has lots of buying and ording power with their sheer volume.

But I doubt that this will be an accessory option--unless it is attached to a fitbit leather band/link bracelet for $99.00 or $129.00  (which is 1/2 the price or more of the whole device).

I also have 5 frames and different bands, when first offered on a 3rd party sites they were more expensive--now the prices on them have dropped like a rock.  None of my frames are loose and the buttons work perfectly--i have to remember which band i attached the original fitbit frame to as I cannot tell the difference, (except for one which is a bit slimmer).

How the customer chooses their watch band has no bearing on the function of the Blaze, no one is asking for a replacement band if the device poops out--but that is how they write their warranty because of course they want you to buy their version at double or triple the price.

drFrank that is the same seller that sent me the gold frame and matching milanese and the silver too, the royal blue one came from Otium.  Prime--2 day delivery free, i won't mention the prices here.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@drFrank wrote:

I have this band and really like how it works and feels. 

Fitbit Blaze Accessories Band Large, UMTele Rugged Metal Frame Housing with Magnet Lock Milanese Loop Stainless Steel Bracelet Strap Band for Fitbit Blaze Smart Fitness Watch Silver

I have this one in size small for my little wrist and am really enjoying it.  It also made my heart rate more accurate as it fits better.  I have had people notice it since I got it and comment on my fitbit.  I do not recall that before with my other bands. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I got some cheap 3rd party bands and a week or so later I've been developing a rash on my arm...
Best Answer
0 Votes

@drFrank i have the same band, i can't keep the band connected to the watch frame.. The release tabs grab onto the skin, the watch movies and the band detaches. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

To Rich, drFrank and Cubez,

I am sorry you have had bad luck with bands and frames.  Most of the third party bands and frames are made in China so the quality is variable.  

The Blaze will use any standard 22mm watch band and there are tons available since it has been a standard for about 50 years.  I have 6 or 7 that I have purchased on Amazon and have been overall satisfied with the ones that I havee purchased though some look as cheap as they were....

The frames have been generally OK, especially for something in the $10 - $15 price range (many even less). I've seen a several on that site that were even less.  Again my luck has been good, I have a couple that are a little tight or that the buttons are stiff but at that price it doesn't bother me much.  The only ones I have had any complaint about were some that the picture showed a bright shiny high gloss finish but when I got them they were a matte finish.

One of the reasons I buy on Amazon is their excellent return policy.  for up to thirty days I can return a defecive product for either a replacement or refund and I would say something thta turns your skin green is a defect, not supposed to happen with stainless steel.  

Best Answer

Both the fitbit band and third party work without issues - 

I always check the reviews on Amazon before purchasing and will return anything that doesn't work as described. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@drFrank wrote:

I always check the reviews on Amazon before purchasing and will return anything that doesn't work as described. 

@drFrank wrote:

@drFrank wrote:

And the reviews where extremely good, the company responded imeadiatly to my review. 

Best Answer
0 Votes