Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are Third Party Fitbit Blaze Bands OK?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

On Amazon, there is actually already an assortment of Fitbit Blaze bands and frames that are not Fitbit designed. While, I am actually interested in some of them, it concerns me because I was under the impression that Fitbit had not released any safeguards for third party bands, and may even be discouraging them. My question: Should I avoid third-party bands for now, or are they ok?

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hello everyone! Thanks for taking the time to visit this thread. Just take into consideration that if you are using a third party frame or band it's at your own risk and any damage or issue related to them will void the warranty on your tracker. 

I'll be around if you have any questions. 🙂 

Retired ModeratorAngela | Community Moderator

It is health that is real wealth and not pieces of silver and gold! Share your story!

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
31 REPLIES 31

@oBoy I can't speak for Fitbit, but I do have a Blaze.

My concern would be how the band would work since the frame has the buttons that are needed for checking stats, restarting the device, starting activity times and doing a factory reset. What if it didn't quite match the buttons or the tracker part fell out of the band and that part is the heart of the Fitbit? Personally, I wouldn't risk it.

Not sure if Fitbit would release safeguards for anything third party. If we're taking the risk we can't expect them to honor a warranty when something we're using causes damage or loss to our device.

No matter what product comes out, there is always someone selling a third party knock off or addition to it. It's not always the best quality, but it sure seems to reach the online sales sites quickly.

Keep on stepping!

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 9

Best Answer
Those would be my concerns as well.
Best Answer
0 Votes

i have 3rd party bands i purchased on Amazon  1 brown leather and, blue, silver, rose gold, yellow gold and black mesh milanese loops... I have matching frames for the blue and the yellow gold, i also got an extra silver one.  They are fitting fine and look VERY nice.

I think the highest price i paid was $34.00 for the silver one and the frame attached. 

there are 2 threads where you can see pictures  "3rd party bands" and "3rd party Frames"

Moderator edit: word choice 

Best Answer
Have you had any problems with the third party bands at all? Do they seem quality? Do they concern you ever? What cereal did you eat for breakfast? How many fingers am I holding up?
Best Answer
0 Votes
I thought i supplied the infomation that you asked about...there is no need to be snarky.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Oh, I'm sorry😬 I was by no means trying to be rude. Yes, you did supply all the information that I asked for, and I appreciate your viewpoint.

I was joking about all the questions that I was asking you. Before I hit "post," I proof read my comment and I noticed that all I had written were questions. Something about that tickled my funny bone, so I added the other two useless, strange questions without even thinking that they could be perceived as insulting. If anything, I was trying to deprecate myself... Back to the ol' drawing board. I'm sorry that I offended you.
Best Answer

oh if you were joking it is perfectly ok--(sometimes i cant tell and snark can be abundant here).  no, i am not offended, don't think about it.

i get my BEST answers from all of the questions on this board--and the kind people in the other threads saved me a LOT of $$--i have virtually the same leather blaze watch band and paid $13.00 for it---instead of $100.  for the frames--with the silver one i cannot tell the difference between the original and the knock off...if it's not right, Amazon always refunds with no fuss.

(and I had steel cut oatmeal for breakfast today)

Best Answer

I also have several and all of them that I have tried are very nice.  I am currently wearing a Rose Gold Melanese Loop made by Moko (who also makes one for the Apple watch, proabably the same band with different connectors. 

My only complaint is that many of the bands that are offered are actually manufactured in China (probably all of them) and they do not distribute from the US.  I ordered what looked like a rather nice leather band the other day and didn't notice until after checout that the delivery date is in July even though it was a "Prime" product.

Best Answer

Oatmeal is da-bomb.

Best Answer

Yeah. I bit the bullet and ordered the UMTele milinase loop yesterday. The main reason I had to put it off was because I don't like going around Fitbit because I like to support them, but I decided that if anything, more people buying cheap third party bands will encourage Fitbit to release more and lower their prices. Only good can come of it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

i have 2 of them from this seller, the silver and the gold with gold matte frame---looks really good.  i DO check the ship/arrival date first, i had a bad experience, but my $$ was promptly refunded.

i have the Moko "colorful" band waiting for the pink frame to arrive.

Best Answer
I have the UMTele Milanese loop and I love it. It looks so nice and all the buttons work perfectly. It also fits better because of the magnetic loop as opposed to a band with holes and a buckle.
Best Answer

The moko i ordered was shipped from Kentucky as was another Prime seller, i believe that it came in 2 days, i am in NJ

Best Answer
0 Votes

Glad to know that I made the right choice 😉

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello everyone! Thanks for taking the time to visit this thread. Just take into consideration that if you are using a third party frame or band it's at your own risk and any damage or issue related to them will void the warranty on your tracker. 

I'll be around if you have any questions. 🙂 

Retired ModeratorAngela | Community Moderator

It is health that is real wealth and not pieces of silver and gold! Share your story!

Best Answer

Moko is a brand you can trust even though they are low cost. I have many of
their products and Amazon usually stocks them. They also stand by their
products when there are issues.

Gary L. Herman

Moderator edit: Removed personal information 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Appreciate the scare tactics.

Moderator edit: Removed personal information 

Best Answer

actually the original plum color frame that came with my Blaze gave me a rash that itched like crazy...that is when i came to the help forums and found the information others had posted.

You can read Andrew's post i think it is one of the clock face threads about how fb encourages discussion. probably last Saturday or Sunday.

right now my Blaze thinks i am asleep because it is 96 degrees here.

i wore the royal blue milanese mesh band and frame today while doing some heavy lifting at Costco--cases of water, bleach cat litter, etc and there was no issue with anything coming loose, it snaps securely into the frame, the buttons are fine--although i like that i can loosen the band in teeny increments if i start to sweat.  the 3rd party screen protector is a definite plus, it has saved my watch 3+ times from chipping on the edge and face  i bought 5 of them after i read on these help forums that others had experienced chipping scratching issues on the edges and the face.  i hope that a screen protector would not void the warranty.  

oboy when you attach the new frame--use tweezers or just ask a jeweler to do it, i watched how it was done and it was much easier with tweezers as they are smaller than your fingers.

Best Answer

Thank you for the advice!

Best Answer
0 Votes