Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are there proper notifications on the blaze

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

If I am going to wear this all the time. I expect to be able to choose what notifications I get on the watch. NOT just calls/sms/calender.

So, can I choose what apps send notifications to the watch?

Best Answer
2 BEST ANSWERS

Accepted Solutions

@kogiThanks for the question. Depending on your mobile device OS (iOS, Android, Windows Phone), you will be able to receive call/text/calendar notifications with Blaze. To learn more about Blaze's features, check out this page.

Erick | Community Moderator

It's all about the food! What's Cooking?

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Calod1 Thanks for the question- I've merged your post here. 

Please see @ErickFitbit's response here

Community Moderator - English/EspañolEmerson | Community Moderator - English/Español

I run all over SF. What's your story?

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
20 REPLIES 20

Not from the promo information that has been released so far, no. Calendar notifications have been added as you know, but that's it so far.

Mike | London, UK

Blaze, Surge, Charge 2, Charge, Flex 2 - iPad Air 2, Nokia Lumia 925 (Deceased), iPhone 6

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

@kogiThanks for the question. Depending on your mobile device OS (iOS, Android, Windows Phone), you will be able to receive call/text/calendar notifications with Blaze. To learn more about Blaze's features, check out this page.

Erick | Community Moderator

It's all about the food! What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Remember this is a smart FITNESS watch. Not a Smartwatch. If you want a smart watch that sends notifications from all your apps than get the Samsung Gear S2 or the Apple Watch. The Blaze is a smart fitness watch that is used for fitness with a few other basic featues. I doubt it will ever be able to send notifications from apps like Smart watches do. It would kill the battery pretty fast.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Bit Ticker notifacations  app on Android  will let you choose what apps send data to the Fitbit App, which then passes it on to the Charge, Charge HR, and Surge. I would suspect yhis would also work with the Blaze.

Best Answer
Garmin's Vivoactive, Vivosmart, and newer Forerunners all support full notifications. all of Polar's latest devices in the last 18 months all support full notifications. The list goes on and on, and all of those devices have great battery life. "text notifications" mean far more than sms messages. They mean messenger, whatsapp, snapchat, etc.

The Blaze needs to support full notifications. There is a reason the stock dropped 20%.

I want to support this company but they need to get it right.
Best Answer

Any news on whether? Would love to see the temp on the Blaze screen while outside instead of needing to take out my phone.

Best Answer

@matt9013 are you saying that your phone has a thermometer to read the air temperature, or do you want the temperature reported by a service such as weather.com?

Best Answer
@Rich_Laue oh, no I meant use an app on your phone and than get the temp to show up on the blaze. Either an app of fitbit choice or just the default app the phone uses. I have a galaxy so I just use the app I got with the phone.
Best Answer
0 Votes
You can read emails in the Fibit Blaze?
Best Answer

@Calod1 Thanks for the question- I've merged your post here. 

Please see @ErickFitbit's response here

Community Moderator - English/EspañolEmerson | Community Moderator - English/Español

I run all over SF. What's your story?

Best Answer

@Calod1 wrote:
You can read emails in the Fibit Blaze?

@Calod1

No. Blaze only supports these notifications:

- call

- text

- calendar

Aria, Fitbit MobileTrack on iOS. Previous: Flex, Force, Surge, Blaze

Best Answer

I am new fitbit and the Blaze. When I get a text message I get a notification that I got a text but I cannot read it from my watch.  I am using a Galaxy s5.  It was my understanding that I would be able to read the text as well.  Any help would be appreciated. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Plase see page 21 of the Blaze manual for notifacation help. The manual is found in the Help section, link found below.
https://staticcs.fitbit.com/content/assets/help/manuals/manual_blaze_en_US.pdf
Best Answer
If I'm correct the way fitbit communicates to phones is via Bluetooth only, right or wrong? If they do communicate via Bluetooth why do you have to have a list of phones that you support? Shouldn't it be a list of hardware that you support? When someone buys a “Leading Android Device" they have the high end when it comes to hardware and OS ,and your approved list of devices contradicts it's self being you have a lot of Old tech and newest tech hardware supported , so how is that phones with the same hardware not supported ?
Best Answer
0 Votes
Fitbit trackers only have BT. It is a list pf hardware that they have tested and found working. Unfortunately with Android, there are multiple manufacturers using multiple l, sometimes proprietary chips in their phones. Now to add to the fun i know some are still running android 2.? While others are running 6. Some of the phones have required having specific drivers written for their hardware.
As for the new phones, they don't get added until they habe been tested, thos does nor mean they won't work.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Klamach wrote:
The Blaze needs to support full notifications. There is a reason the stock dropped 20%.

I agree, this really is a limitation of the software. If the device can receive 'data' from the mobile app over Bluetooth, then it can receive any data. It is not a restricting of Bluetooth, but a failing of the mobile app to handle any message/call/calendar notifications and pass them on to the phone.

Hopefully this will be fixed in a future update. Come on Blaze, your already trailing your competitors

Best Answer
0 Votes

@nickidea wrote:

I am new fitbit and the Blaze. When I get a text message I get a notification that I got a text but I cannot read it from my watch.  I am using a Galaxy s5.  It was my understanding that I would be able to read the text as well.  Any help would be appreciated. 

Have you got the Blaze synched to the S5 as Blaze or as Blaze Classic ?

Until I switched to Bluetooth Classic mode on the Blaze I only got a notification of a message and no text. Now the text works too.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@nickidea check the app settings, when your phones screen is locked, what info do you recommend on the phones pop-up window? If you would like more help we will need to know which of the 50 or so messaging apps availible that is being used.

As for Bluetooth Classic, this is strictly used for music control, some other setting probably was switched.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Rich_Laue wrote:

As for Bluetooth Classic, this is strictly used for music control, some other setting probably was switched.

Sorry Rich, you might think so but for the Blaze and Samsung S5 that was the only thing which worked for sms texts to show.

Best Answer
0 Votes