Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

As of 5 May 2020, what is the most current firmware version for the Blaze

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have searched and still cannot find anything online that will tell you what the last released firmware version is so you can manually compare and decide if your sync trouble is preventing you from even getting the update button.

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Thanks Johnny. Unfortunately I'd already seen that. It doesn't appear to contain the information I'm asking for, specifically the current version number. Since you didn't point it out, I posted that it didn't, but then checked again just in case you forgot and that's how I found the hidden gem.

Like most people who are looking for specific information and don't want to waste time looking through information they already know, I didn't notice the sentence to "Choose your device for more information." It doesn't stick out very well.

I do appreciate the reply and now knowing the answer, which is actually what I suspected. They quit updating it in 2017 and I have the most current. Have a great day and stay safe!

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

What's changed in the latest Fitbit device update? 

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks Johnny. Unfortunately I'd already seen that. It doesn't appear to contain the information I'm asking for, specifically the current version number. Since you didn't point it out, I posted that it didn't, but then checked again just in case you forgot and that's how I found the hidden gem.

Like most people who are looking for specific information and don't want to waste time looking through information they already know, I didn't notice the sentence to "Choose your device for more information." It doesn't stick out very well.

I do appreciate the reply and now knowing the answer, which is actually what I suspected. They quit updating it in 2017 and I have the most current. Have a great day and stay safe!

Best Answer
0 Votes

That is how most or all of the Fitbit Help sections are organized: the main topic, then differentiated by model, rather than have the same help title repeated for each of over a dozen models.

Not necessarily saying that is the right or wrong way, just I am used to that way by now.

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Was anyone else suckered into buying a Blaze just when they discontinued support?  Then "broke" features I bought it for when IOS updated!

Makes me wonder if it is actually tracking valid data if Fitbit decided they can't support it.

I like it generally but the buzzing when I make/get calls and then the notifications being messed up really sucks.

😞  Shame on Fitbit. 

So annoyed this product didn't "last" because of support. I can't think if I trust them to try another product.  All that money for less than 2 years of product?

😞 Again, shame on Fitbit. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I bought mine on July 13th, 2016 and the last firmware update was fully rolled out at the end of October, 2017. So 15 months of support. I can't say that I think that means I got suckered, but at $184.99 that does seem to be a more than a little short for supported service life. Add the features that never worked or work intermittently. The questionable reliability of the data. Off hand, I will have a difficult time justifying another purchase of any Fitbit products in the future. Just not worth the price they charge.

Best Answer