Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Battery and heart rate issues

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello,

The Blaze and I have had a great relationship until this week. After fully charging, the battery suddenly drains. I have restarted it, cleaned it, synced it, and given it some pretty encouraging pep talks, but it insists on just barely making it through the day. Moreover, the heart monitor has gone bananas. It’s either choosing not to monitor my heart rate, or it’s telling me my heart rate is 167 or 70, even if I’m lying perfectly still. The lights are still flashing and currently, my Blaze is telling me I have no pulse. 

Please help! Are these problems related? Is there any reason they started at the same time? I went from three-four days between charges with good readings, now I’m making it a day and the readings are kinda haywire. 

Thank you.

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
9 REPLIES 9

It's great to welcome you @DelicatePlower.

Thanks for troubleshooting these issues by yourself. Since the steps you tried didn't work, I've gone ahead and escalated your case to our support team, for them to take a deeper look at this. Please keep an eye on your inbox for further instructions.

Keep me posted. Smiley Wink

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am suddenly having the exact same issue. My Blaze has worked perfectly for the past year, but for the past 3 days the battery is only lasting a few hours and the heart rate monitor is saying i have no pulse thought the green light is flashing. I've tried resetting, syncing, cleaning, and checking settings. Nothing has solved the issue

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m having the same issues! Tried all of the troubleshooting tips as well. Any solutions would be helpful. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello All!

My problems weren’t exactly resolved. Because I’ve had my Fitbit since late 2016, it’s no longer under warranty. I was offered 25% off some models and 40% off the Ionic to compensate for the issues with my Blaze. At first, I was primed to buy, but then I thought about it. I’ve been buying these trackers since 2014 and I just don’t feel like the money to product ratio is paying off. I love the Fitbit app, the customer service is tremendous, the forum moderators are great, and the customer service reps have been timely in their responses, but the fundamental bottom line appears to be that a product that cost several hundred dollars didn’t make it two years and the models I owned previously we replaced, recalled, and replaced again. 

I’m super torn here. I love the app and the information; the technology delivering this info has proven to be disappointing in its reliability. 

In the meantime, I put the Blaze in rice for 24 hours. I wondered if maybe a year and a half of sweat changed the Blaze’s ecosystem. It improved the charging situation. I get about two and a half to three days out of the Blaze, but the heart monitor did not resume operation and I’m sad to say that the information this result updates has changed my perception of my goal management and I find myself actually wearing it less and I’m not updating any data. 

The clock is ticking where the discount codes are concerned. I don’t have much time to make a decision, but I would advise escalating your issues, as the response time is great. If your products are also out of warranty, try a rice bath. Let the device battery die, let it sit in rice for 24 hours and resume. I have found that letting the battery go all the way down, as in the device turns off, ensures that I’ll get at least two days out of it. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I too am having the exact same issues with my Blaze.  Im now constantly charging it.  Everything is so called "off" that should be.. I dont even have a phone to sync with.  I just wear it and take it off to charge and sync.  So nothing is draining the life out of the battery.  The heart rate has been having  - - showing and Im clicking it, pushing in the buttons, cleaning the back~ everything...  Please let us know what we can do about this.. This is my second Blaze Ive had since April 2016.. I had to replace my other one..

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello!

I’m sure I responded to this post; however, it seems like my hard work has vanished. I’m not sure if I broke a posting rule and my response got deleted, or Internet fairies are hard a work, so here’s a brief summary. 

1. My Fitbit is out of warranty so I was offered money off a new tracker. 

2. I’m not sure I want to buy yet another tracker, as the Blaze is expensive and for it not to last even two years makes me wonder what will happen if I spend a

considerable sum on another product. 

3. In the meantime, I put my tracker in rice for 24 hours. I wondered if two years of sweaty exercise resulted in a build-up of moisture in the device. Result: the charge holds two to three days (maybe dependent on how many texts messages I get...?). The heart rate monitor did not return though quite literally, just this moment, it seems to be working. 

4. I charge when the battery is so dead, the product turns off. Previously, I charged when the battery icon flashed; now, I wait until it turns itself off. 

I’m going to turn off the Bluetooth sync and limit it to manual syncing in the morning and in the evening. I’ll see if that persuades the battery to chug on longer. And weigh my tracker options. I love all the info I get from Fitbit. The customer service is fast and kind. I’m struggling with product reliability and wondering if I should keep investing or just move on. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just started have additional issues with my blaze as well. This weekend after I took it off the charger it just shut off on me and would not come back on. Finally a day later it just came on by itself.  I also been having trouble with the heart rate not picking up when I have it on exercise mode. It will show -- for the heart rate most of the time or never go above 130. And I am running so I know my heart rate is not 130. ( I wear my polar strap sometimes and my heart rate will be 160+).  I've only had my blaze for 2 months. I've always had issues with the distance when running or walking not being correct or heart rate not being correct(at times)  but never had issues with heart rate not picking up at all or blaze shutting off on me until now.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had the same exact thing happen. Burnt my wrist, and it quit the next day. Contacted customer support. They decided to replace the 7 month old Blaze. That was almost a month ago. They asked me to return the Blaze and the dock. Today the replacement came without the dock! Now I need to wait another ten days to get the dock. Unacceptable. My advice is to get the process started sooner than later. Guessing that more people will have this problem. Get ahead of the curve.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having exactly the same problems.  Please advise when the support team have a solution.

Best Answer
0 Votes