Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Battery drain/Notifications - Samsung Galaxy S8/S8+

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update: 09/3/2017

Our team is still actively investigating the root cause of this battery drain with Blaze and the Samsung Galaxy S8/S8+. I'm sorry that many of you are still having issues with a shorter battery life, but rest assured this is being looked at as high-priority for our team. My apologies for the inconvenience, and thank you all for your patience! I will provide an update as soon as there is more information available. In the meantime, please continue manually syncing your Blaze trackers only when needed. This will help preserve the battery-life.

Fitbit Update: 08/14/2017

Hi everybody!

Thanks for reporting your experiences with a rapid battery drain on Blaze trackers and your Android device - Samsung Galaxy S8/S8+. Our team is aware this is affecting Blaze users and they are investigating the root cause. I will update this thread when there is more information available. 

As a temporary workaround, turn OFF "Always Connected" and the "All-Day sync" features. Make sure to manually sync your devices at least once a day.

Thanks for your patience! 

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
743 REPLIES 743

Correction .... 11.5 months. I'm not going to count the time it stopped working longer than a Day.  

Best Answer

We need a firmware update...

Best Answer

Along with the battery drain issue are you going to fix the fact that the blaze does not sync well with an S8 and also does not receive notifications properly. I am so disappointed in fitbit. I went against my better judgment when my surge band again came unattached from the face and upgraded to the Blaze. I knew I should have just switched companies. 200 plus dollars should buy you devices that work as expected and last more than 6 months.

Best Answer

Thanks everyone for your continued patience! I can confirm that our team has thoroughly investigated this Bluetooth connection issue between Blaze and the Samsung Galaxy S8/S8+. After the investigation on our end, it looks like Samsung will need to release an update to have this resolved. 

You can share your voice on the Samsung Community here and here

I really appreciate everyone's cooperation while this was being looked into. I know this has been frustrating but thank you for your understanding. Now that we have concluded the above, I'm going to close this thread. If any new issues come up, please start a new topic. 

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer