Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Battery drain/Notifications - Samsung Galaxy S8/S8+

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update: 09/3/2017

Our team is still actively investigating the root cause of this battery drain with Blaze and the Samsung Galaxy S8/S8+. I'm sorry that many of you are still having issues with a shorter battery life, but rest assured this is being looked at as high-priority for our team. My apologies for the inconvenience, and thank you all for your patience! I will provide an update as soon as there is more information available. In the meantime, please continue manually syncing your Blaze trackers only when needed. This will help preserve the battery-life.

Fitbit Update: 08/14/2017

Hi everybody!

Thanks for reporting your experiences with a rapid battery drain on Blaze trackers and your Android device - Samsung Galaxy S8/S8+. Our team is aware this is affecting Blaze users and they are investigating the root cause. I will update this thread when there is more information available. 

As a temporary workaround, turn OFF "Always Connected" and the "All-Day sync" features. Make sure to manually sync your devices at least once a day.

Thanks for your patience! 

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
743 REPLIES 743

I am also having this same problem. I had a Galaxy S6 phone previously, and I was able to receive notifications and use All-Day Sync, and my Fitbit battery would easily last 4-5 days.

Since switching to the Galaxy S8+, notifications no longer work, and my Fitbit battery dies in under 24 hours. I have to charge it every day and manually sync it to see updated tracking data on my Dashboard. 😞

I am sure this is an issue related to Bluetooth 5.0. Hopefully Fitbit will address this problem soon.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am also having the exact same issue. Just upgraded from the Galaxy S6 Edge+ to the new Galaxy S8+ and my Blaze went from holding a charge for 5 - 6 days to barely making it 1 day before needing to be charged again. 

No settings were changed and as other people have mentioned, I suspect it has something to do with the new Bluetooth 5.0 interface. Fitbit needs to jump on this because clearly this isn't an isolated case. 

Best Answer

The exact same thing happened to me.  I turned off the "all day sync" hoping that would help, but it didn't.  Mine also lasts about 2 days.

Best Answer

I also went into the Samsung forum regarding this issue.  Some people believe the issue is that the Galaxy S8 and S8+ are not on the compatible list yet because the phone is so new.  Some people were not able to sync their devices at all, so maybe we are lucky that our fitbit did sync with our S8's. Woman Frustrated

Best Answer
0 Votes

Fitbit support decided to replace my Blaze after contact / troubleshooting with them. I can always hope, but I suspect like many other, bluetooth 5.0 incompatibilities

Best Answer

Same thing here with an S8+. As soon as I switched this phone about 24 hour battery life is all I get now.  Hope there is a fix! and Soon!

Best Answer

I thought it was my Blaze! Ever since I got my Galaxy S8+, My Blaze has been only lasting about 24-36 hours and it dies with no warning. It worked fine with the S7 Edge. I'm certainly not going back to my old phone so hopefully Fitbit can resolve this issue soon. I have also sent an email to customer support who wants me to turn off all the features to see if it helps. Why have a featureless Fitbit though? Please fix this issue Fitbit! Thank you to all the posters here for confirming that the battery is not the issue.

Best Answer

I am enjoying the same issue!  I as well just updated my fitbit and also got the S8.  I am very annoyed.  I have to put it on the charger when I get in the shower since I wear it all day everyday plus sleep in it since I use it as my alarm in the morning.  FITBIT...PLEASE FIX!!!

Best Answer

I just noticed the same issue with the battery life and no notifications which is one of the main reasons I bought the Blaze to begin with. The answer I got from FitBit which was pretty much not an answer at all was to go check the compatible devices list and then they confirmed it's not compatible. I would really like to know more information on when it will be compatible. I spent a lot of money on the Blaze and it doesn't make sense to have a device that won't work how it's supposed to. They really should be able to support and be ready for all the new technology. I don't get this and I don't get how FitBit hasn't responded or offered any help in this. It is so frustrating!!

Best Answer

@anfogarty26 wrote:

I just noticed the same issue with the battery life and no notifications which is one of the main reasons I bought the Blaze to begin with. The answer I got from FitBit which was pretty much not an answer at all was to go check the compatible devices list and then they confirmed it's not compatible. I would really like to know more information on when it will be compatible. I spent a lot of money on the Blaze and it doesn't make sense to have a device that won't work how it's supposed to. They really should be able to support and be ready for all the new technology. I don't get this and I don't get how FitBit hasn't responded or offered any help in this. It is so frustrating!!

Yea, that's pretty much how I feel. Thanks for the "Captain Obvious" response, Fitbit, we know the Galaxy S8 and S8+ are new phones, so of course they aren't on the compatible device list. The question is when will Fitbit put out an update that will add the S8 to the list?

Best Answer

I charge my blaze every day, while I am driving. you can also keep it in your pocket it will capture steps

Best Answer
0 Votes

Samsung sucks as well. I have had the worse issues since I went to the dark side from IPHONE

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same issue here, since I upgraded to the S8+, I am lucky to get 24 hours out of the Blaze.

Does anyone know if there is a fitness tracker that is compatible?  From the lack of response by FitBit, I am certainly willing to make a change to a different brand to assuage these issues.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Is anyone else having trouble synching theirs as well? I was able to synch yesterday morning, but now it won't synch. I got the Samsung S8 on Friday. I guess because it's not supported, I am just going to run into tons of random issues. This is so frustrating.

Best Answer

Mine won't sync, either.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Its very obvious that fit bit has no intention of addressing this issue. This thread has been very active for awhile now and not one rep with fitbit has chimed in. Im feeling very ignored and unhappy. Im not unhappy about charging my blaze, Im unhappy that there is zero help from fitbit. Not even a "ok guys were working on it" or anything. 

Im really rethinking not getting my google watch . 

Best Answer

@joecagle77 wrote:

Its very obvious that fit bit has no intention of addressing this issue. This thread has been very active for awhile now and not one rep with fitbit has chimed in. Im feeling very ignored and unhappy. Im not unhappy about charging my blaze, Im unhappy that there is zero help from fitbit. Not even a "ok guys were working on it" or anything. 

Im really rethinking not getting my google watch . 

That is kind of where I am at with this as well! I just don't get how it's not being addressed.

Best Answer
0 Votes

EMAIL them directly 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Lynrunner wrote:

EMAIL them directly 

One of the first things I did and continue to ask questions through it with no help. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

It seems to be working all of a sudden in terms of notifications and synching. 

Best Answer
0 Votes