Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Battery drain/Notifications - Samsung Galaxy S8/S8+

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update: 09/3/2017

Our team is still actively investigating the root cause of this battery drain with Blaze and the Samsung Galaxy S8/S8+. I'm sorry that many of you are still having issues with a shorter battery life, but rest assured this is being looked at as high-priority for our team. My apologies for the inconvenience, and thank you all for your patience! I will provide an update as soon as there is more information available. In the meantime, please continue manually syncing your Blaze trackers only when needed. This will help preserve the battery-life.

Fitbit Update: 08/14/2017

Hi everybody!

Thanks for reporting your experiences with a rapid battery drain on Blaze trackers and your Android device - Samsung Galaxy S8/S8+. Our team is aware this is affecting Blaze users and they are investigating the root cause. I will update this thread when there is more information available. 

As a temporary workaround, turn OFF "Always Connected" and the "All-Day sync" features. Make sure to manually sync your devices at least once a day.

Thanks for your patience! 

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
743 REPLIES 743

This was my last email from FitBit:

Our apologies for the inconvenience with previous reply. At the moment the Galaxy S8 is a sync compatible device with Fitbit trackers because your phone meet all the requirements to be sync compatible (Android 4.3+ and above, Bluetooth 4.0 and above). Since the Galaxy S8 just hit the market is still been tested for fully compatibility with all Fitbit features. We recommend to check the Fitbit Supported Devices page to verify if the Galaxy S8 is already been added to the list. We apologize for the inconvenience. Let us know if you need additional help.

So, as of right now, I am getting notifications and my FitBit did synch. Not sure on the battery issues yet since I just charged it yesterday afternoon.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My battery seems to be lasting a little bit longer,  I charged it in Sunday afternoon,  it is now Wednesday,  I will probably have to charge it tonight though. I fear now that with having to charge it nearly every day,  the battery isn't as good as it was and will require more frequent charging even after the s8/s8+ is added to the supported devices list. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

So I contacted FIT BIT about this issue. They just told me it was a defective product, it had nothing to do with me having the S8 and they sent me a new one. Even the one i just received isn't holding a charge like it did when I had the S7 edge. I checked the compatible list here https://www.fitbit.com/devices and the Samsung 8/8+ is not on the list. FITBIT what are you doing to fix this solution? I really enjoyed the blaze when i had my S7 edge and i would like to enjoy it with this phone too. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Garmin have great fitness trackers, you can also get a Samsung watch or fitness tracker. They are good but the community is not that big. 

It's been awhile and fitbit hasn't fix the problem, so who knows when that is gonna happen. I'm thinking of getting  a Samsung gear S3.

Good luck 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just wanted to chime in also that I am having similar issues. I got it to sync but my battery life has taken a noticeable hit. Hope they fix it soon.

Best Answer
0 Votes

wanted to put my two cent spin on this issue. 
I recently changed from my iPhone 6 to a Samsung S7 and it was also about the time the new Fitbit update came out.
Suddenly my Blaze is needing a re-charge every night as it was draining so fast... naturally i thought the culprit was the new update as i had not changed any other settings.  but then stumbled across this forum and the post from mbs_SE and a single note in it:

"(Android only) Turn off the Always Connected setting. Similar to All-Day Sync, it can reduce battery life."

This is not the same as ALL-Day-SYNC after turning it off, my battery is over three days in use now and shows about 50% in the display. 
to get to this setting (ANDROID ONY!!!) open the app, click the device icon in the upper right and scroll all the way to the bottom. it is the last setting listed in the current app setup. 

It worked for me and I just thought to share. good luck!!!!

Best Answer

I have received my replacement Blaze now, but yes it also suffering from battery drain. And this time I also can't get notification to work. Restarted booth phone and Blace, reinstalled APP. But nothing helps.

And, of course, I removed my old Blaze, and now that I try to connect it again, notifications will work on it either. Though I'm testing against my old Galaxy S6, it works.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same her samsung galaxy s8+ battery lifetime reduced by half, need to recharge every 2 days.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I turned off both the "all-day sync" and the "always connected" settings. I hope it works. I'll keep you posted.

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
Best Answer
0 Votes

And today my new Blaze started to get notifications, but it's with a delay and random sync problems.. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I also have the same issue. It took a few days for my blaze and S8+ to connect, and notifications to work. Now that they are.  The battery life of the blaze has been about a day, day&half max.  Hope they address this issue soon!  

Best Answer
0 Votes

I also have a galaxy S8+. I hope the put a patch out to solve the battery drain issues. My Blaze is only lasting 2 days.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@oaudoma. any improvement with those off?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Haha..... a tiny bit.  It's lasting maybe a half day longer.  😕
Best Answer
0 Votes

I thought it was just me I have to charge my Blaze every other day now when before i got the s8 plus it was once a week. Are you able to get text and call notifications?

Best Answer
I'm still not getting notifications, but my battery life is marginally
better. I charge it every other day now, as opposed to every day.
Best Answer
I get text messages fine but my phone calls always say "Unknown."
Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm so frustrated with not getting notifications.  Ugh!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes
I'm very frustrated that fitbit isn't addressing this. Either they do not
have moderators who read this, or are not willing to comment.
Either case it is very frustrating.
Best Answer

I played around with mine yesterday after reading some post i'm now getting phone calls and its doing the same as yours, only showing unknown. The Galaxy S8 and S8 plus still aren't on the supported list and I'm really not understanding that.

Best Answer
0 Votes