Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Battery drain/Notifications - Samsung Galaxy S8/S8+

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update: 09/3/2017

Our team is still actively investigating the root cause of this battery drain with Blaze and the Samsung Galaxy S8/S8+. I'm sorry that many of you are still having issues with a shorter battery life, but rest assured this is being looked at as high-priority for our team. My apologies for the inconvenience, and thank you all for your patience! I will provide an update as soon as there is more information available. In the meantime, please continue manually syncing your Blaze trackers only when needed. This will help preserve the battery-life.

Fitbit Update: 08/14/2017

Hi everybody!

Thanks for reporting your experiences with a rapid battery drain on Blaze trackers and your Android device - Samsung Galaxy S8/S8+. Our team is aware this is affecting Blaze users and they are investigating the root cause. I will update this thread when there is more information available. 

As a temporary workaround, turn OFF "Always Connected" and the "All-Day sync" features. Make sure to manually sync your devices at least once a day.

Thanks for your patience! 

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
743 REPLIES 743

@JayBudd650 Nice to hear your Blaze is working as expected in regard to the battery. Smiley Happy

I know many of you are still experiencing a short battery life on your Blaze trackers and I understand how frustrating this experience has been. Our team is still investigating this issue for the time being. Thanks so much for your patience! Please don't forget you can turn off the "Always Connected" and "All-Day sync" features to increase the battery life it is still depleting too quickly. 

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine is lasting all day with All day sync and Always Connected on.  I'm usually at medium battery by bedtime, so I charge it while getting ready for bed,  and put it back on to sleep.  In the morning, battery is about 3/4 full, so I charge while getting ready for work.  The first day I had it, the charge fell to medium by the time I got to work..that is no longer happening.  With all day sync and Always Connected off, I do get longer battery life.  I haven't ever gotten notifications, but will try your method of allowing it to connect itself. Haven't tried the GPS tracking yet, but hope to soon. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

As per @YankInDaSouth post .....

I update my fitbit app to Ver 2.57.1, updated on Sep 14,2017.

Two things that I saw that has encouraged me. 

1. After the update, looking alerts, the "Fitbit Notifications" said, "A watch reboot maybe necessary to start syncing." where normally it says "Notifications is running"

2. When you force a sync, it seems a lot faster. Also, it automatically syncs when you open the app. It may have done it before and I don't remember, or the issue was syncing.

I charged my battery yesterday morning and updated my app around noon. I still have All-Day off. But the fitbit app is showing full charge and a "sync just a moment ago" message. The only time I saw that message was when I forced a sync and then it took a long time. 

If, I emphasis if, this is the fix, then I bet the issue was in the sync protocol. And since I am guessing, I bet it was a timing issue that was causing a lot of retries.

Of course, all this maybe me looking through "I want this to work" color glasses. 🙂

Can't wait to see more feedback for you all.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm seeing a lot about an update,  how do you get it?? I haven't seen any notifications about one..

Best Answer
0 Votes

what you say would explain the problems and would explain why non Bluetooth 5.0 devices were reporting problems as well.

took my watch off charge this morning and it's still showing full charge so fingers crossed. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@kdg8288 wrote:

I'm seeing a lot about an update,  how do you get it?? I haven't seen any notifications about one..

Go to your play store app and force a check . 

Best Answer
I checked my app version and itt says
2.58 (3193169) BETA

I don't know how long it has said that. I truly think I just updated mot
long ago.

Because of all my problems, I have everything shut down (notifications and
auto syncs), and I don't even dream of using GPS anymore.

But seeing a few people share some hope today, I'll fire it all back up and
she what happens.
Best Answer

@shielalee wrote:
I checked my app version and itt says
2.58 (3193169) BETA

Good catch, everyone if you are going to post an update,  make sure it's Ver 2.57.1

Let's attack it scientifically.

If we mix symptoms from different versions, we could get off in the weeds. 🙂

Fingers still crossed. 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

I reached out to support for my Blaze, they had me charge it to 100% then run it down to 0.  Today they offered to give me 50% off a new device or a replacement Blaze.  I was supposed as mine is about 1.5 years old

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a Galaxy S8 and just got a Blaze. Still no notifications. Been going through all the forums, trying all the fixed but nothing is working. Anyone have any advice? Tips? I need my notifications!!!! HA!

Best Answer

Thank you! 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I called today abt this exact thing and was told to call after the
weekend..."there should be an update "

We'll see.

You can bet I'm calling though!
Best Answer

Just put mine on the charger, looks like while my notifications are back the battery life has only slightly improved. Always Connected off, All Day Sync on. I did have a FB app update last night

Best Answer
I cannot even get my blaze to recieve notifications.. phone calls or
messages.. either from my Samsung S8 no issues with previous ph.. so
annoyed. 😈
Best Answer
0 Votes
Mime just started working this morning out of the blue!!

Get Outlook for Android
Best Answer
0 Votes

Still no notifications, but everything else seems to be working; haven't tried the GPS tracking yet so will report back when I do.  I hope notifications kick in soon!

Best Answer

Sadly to say - I have returned my Samsung Galaxy s8 Plus. One of the reason is related to Fitbit Blaze not working on this device. 

I now use Fitbit as a DUMB DEVICE - no notification sync. Just a tracking of steps...! That's dumb enough for the device.

Best Answer
0 Votes

same problem.. really thinking i may change brand.. so annoyed.. cant seem to find any answers that work either. 😕

Best Answer
0 Votes

Im  not even receiving messages or call notifications. not getting email notifications  dont really bother me as much even though it would be nice if this tracker did what it says its meant to do... Ive been asked about blaze by friends.. im starting to tell them not to bother if they have samsung s8.. sadly i have no reason to say otherwise so far im so dissapointed with fitbit and the android issues.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I love my samsung s8.. 🙂 going to get rid of this useless blaze soon though..appearing to be an expensive basic tracker since i got my new phone.... 😞

Best Answer
0 Votes