Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Battery draining overnight on Full charge

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

New Blaze. Charged it several hours, and it showed "Full" in the app and full on the Blaze itself. Wore it around the house for 3 or 5 hours and it seemed fine. Still showed battery full when I went to bed. Set an alarm for 5 AM.-. No alarm at 5 AM, and the Blaze showed a dead battery.

Dud?

Best Answer
52 REPLIES 52

That's mysterious @kschannen

Feel free restarting the tracker:

Restart the tracker

URL: Click / Tap to open the Fitbit Help Article 'How do I restart the tracker?'

Hope that helps

Best Answer
0 Votes

Done. Reset it before I left the house and left it on the charger. (Went back to my Surge today.) Weird thing is that even though the Blaze showed dead (empty red battery on display) the App still shows Connected to Blaze, but Full.

Very strange behavior. Hope the reset helps or back it goes.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I experienced this same behavior with my Blaze last night.  When I went to bed it had full charge, but this morning when I went to put it on, the full-screen battery icon showed a thin red line of power remaining.

Could it have anything to do with the fact that I left it laying beside my charging Flex, or the fact that I go to bed wearing my Charge HR which is also in proximity.  

Tonight, I'll turn off the Blaze's HR monitor as well as the all-day sync, just to see if it makes any difference.

Best Answer
0 Votes

OP  here. I have not had this experience repeat since that first night. I did two things:

1. Restarted the device by holding down the left and bottom right buttons.

2. Turned HR monitoring to Auto, rather than On.

Since then I have not noticed any sudden battery draining. Which one of those actions above was the fix, I can't say. But I'm now getting what I would consider a normal charge time.

Best Answer
Good information. I appreciate it and will try it.
-Paul
Best Answer

Hello @kschannen@psg99 and @SunsetRunner, it's great to have you here! Cat Very Happy @kschannen I'm glad to know your Blaze is working properly, thanks for sharing the troubleshoot! 🙂  Regarding the issue with your app showing the wrong battery level, did you try to log out of the app and then log back in?  @psg99 keep me posted about the battery behavior of your Blaze after turning off or auto the heart rate and deactivate the all-day sync feature. 

Catch you later! 😉 

Retired ModeratorAngela | Community Moderator

It is health that is real wealth and not pieces of silver and gold! Share your story!

Best Answer

I have had no further issue with the App and Blaze not showing the correct battery levels. Everything is working as expected there. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @kschannen  I'm glad to know your Blaze and app are working properly! Don't hesitate to post any inquiry about your Blaze. Smiley Wink

Thanks for stopping by! 🙂 

It is health that is real wealth and not pieces of silver and gold! Share your story!

Best Answer

@AngelaMa

Unfortunately the issue has repeated itself.  Went to bed on a Full charge. 5:00 AM came around and no alarm. Tapped the Blaze screen, no response. Hit the right button and the display briefly showed a dead battery. Put it on the charger and it displayed the time as 2:20. Did not seem to be charging. I reset it with the left and bottom right buttons and placed it back on the charger and it started to charge again

Clearly something is randomly causing the battery to discharge rapidly. I looked at the sleep log and it ends at 2:20, which is the time that was still displaying on the Blaze at 5:00 am. To me this seems like a software problem, some process is getting hung and locking up the device and running the battery down rapidly. Odd that it happens during sleep.

I've had the Blaze 12 days and this is the second night it has occurred.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@kschannen and @AngelaFitbit I've actually spotted what i think is a potential cause and reported elsewhere. A couple of times at night I've noticed my Blaze switch its screen on and it to stay on. It needed me to swipe to another screen and back before the Blaze would auto dim.

Obviously if the screen is coming on without the user knowing about it, the battery isn't going to last very long.

Best Answer

@SunsetRunner and @AngelaMa

Interesting observation and would certainly fit my symptoms. Now, how to fix it...well that's another question.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Having same issue. Have had my Blaze for several weeks. Until last night, the battery life has been great. Went to bed last night with full battery. Woke this morning it was completely dead. No changes to any apps or settings. Only thing is iPhone updated to iOS 9.3, but it doesn't seem like that should impact the Fitbit Battery.
Best Answer

I am on my 7th day since the last charge with more to go. Since I don't track sleep I Shutdown my Blaze at night in the Blaze settings. Probably not necessary since I have the Heart Rate set to Auto and All-Day Sync to Off. Since my Blaze isn't being used at night I decided to go this route. I had Quick View Off for a time, but have since turned it back on, except while hiking. It seems sensitive and I didn't want to chance it constantly coming on while hiking and possibly draining the battery.

Samsung Galaxy Note 5 on Android 6.0.1, Fitbit Blaze (17.8.401.3)
Best Answer
0 Votes

@SunsetRunner welcome to the Fitbit Community! @kschannen I'm sorry to hear the issue has repeated, @SunsetRunner interesting observation, does it happens often with your Blaze? Have you tried to restart the Blaze when you notice this? @kschannen and @SunsetRunner have you noticed if your Blaze's display turns on like @SunsetRunner mentioned?  Thanks for sharing your experience @AZPete 🙂 

Keep me posted! 🙂 

Best Answer
@AngelaMa I've not noticed the issue since I've started turning Quick View off before going to bed. It's the Quick View runtime that I think has the bug.
Best Answer

@AngelaMa, no I have not noticed the issue  that @SunsetRunner describes during normal daily use. If such a thing happened during the night though it would definitely explain my problem, since outside of those two incidents where the battery drained in a matter of hours I'm getting several days on a charge. So I'm confident that it's not a problem with the battery itself..

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @SunsetRunner and @kschannen thanks for your reply! 🙂 @SunsetRunner thanks for sharing this information, I will keep an eye for any report on this feature. @kschannen I'm glad to hear your Blaze is working properly. 

Keep me posted! 🙂 

Best Answer

This has happened twice to me now as well. The first time last week, could it be related to the recent software update? What's also worrying is that this morning after noticing it was completely drained i plugged it into my laptop to charge and as soon as i plugged it in, the laptop went funny and all the power drained from that too!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @kwills welcome to the Fitbit Community! 🙂 Have you tried restarting your tracker? Do you have Quick View turned "On" ? I haven't heard of an issue like you mentioned with your computer, can you please provide me more details. How is your Blaze working now? 

Best Answer